What is Your Favorite Star Wars Movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

yeah i will check that out when i get spare few minutes as i dnt remember that at all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't remember it as such, I wasn't born then, but I read about it and decided to check it out.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have just watched the original version of ROTJ again minus all the changes. It still stands up as a great film but I have a couple of continuity issues with it when viewed as six parts.

Kenobi tells Luke that he took it on himself to train Anakin but this isnt the case. Qui-Gon asked him to and he had doubts about Anakin from the start. He also says he thought he could train him as good as Yoda but I dont recall him ever saying that in the prequels.

When Luke tells Vader to come with me on Endor Vaders says Obi Wan once thought as you do yet in the prequels Obi Wan didnt come across as someone who thought Anakin could be saved. He didnt come across as someone who thought Anakin could turn back to the light side? So he tries to stop him and temporarily succeeds only for Anakin to be rebuilt.

Solo understands Wicket when he shows him the back door to the generator yet when they first arrived he hadnt a clue what they were saying. Dont tell me he learned the language that quick. Did he just take a lucky guess?

In the throne room the Emperor refers to Luke as his young apprentice. Does Vader not know the rule of two? Surely it means he will be replaced? I know Vader was planning to replace the emperor with Luke himself but surely he would be worried. Also why did Vader stop Luke from cutting down the emperor when this is what he wanted? Or did Vader feel the Emperor would have stopped Luke somehow?

Maybe Im nitpicking here. Maybe you guys can tell me Im completely wrong.

help me SW fans you are my only hope

Last edited by darthrevan1 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

For the first one, regardless of whether he did to honour Qui-Gon or not, he still took it upon himself to train Anakin. Regarding what he thought, I don't think that needed to be spelled out, he decided to train Anakin, so obviously thought he was capable of it Smile

Quite a while since I watched the original without changes, but doesn't Threepio translate about the backdoor? Or perhaps he didn't understand the language per se, but saw the door, so knew what they were talking about?

Ironically I'm halfway through the Blue-Ray version atm (having watched ANH and Empire over the last couple of days), so will see what I spot when it gets to the back door part Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

DarthDov wrote:
For the first one, regardless of whether he did to honour Qui-Gon or not, he still took it upon himself to train Anakin. Regarding what he thought, I don't think that needed to be spelled out, he decided to train Anakin, so obviously thought he was capable of it Smile

Quite a while since I watched the original without changes, but doesn't Threepio translate about the backdoor? Or perhaps he didn't understand the language per se, but saw the door, so knew what they were talking about?

Ironically I'm halfway through the Blue-Ray version atm (having watched ANH and Empire over the last couple of days), so will see what I spot when it gets to the back door part Smile

Cheers DarthDov thats put my mind at ease. Its just some things that bug me about the whiole film saga especially regarding Continuity.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

No worries

Just got past the rear door part - when they're at the main entrance, Wicket tells Threepio about a "secret entrance" and Threepio tells Han and Leia, then when Han see's the back door, he says to Wicket about the back door being a good idea, so I don't think the language is an issue Smile

With Obi-Wan and coninuity, this video always makes me laugh - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vXcBDQy-RY

To be fair to Lucas, considering the two trilogies were written two decades apart, I don't think he did too bad a job with the continuity, it more or less fits together. Obviously, there are one or two small things, but I don't think there's anything major.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yes I suppose theres nothing major. I always had issues with Leia remembering her mother and what Obi Wan tells Luke about his relationship with Anakin.

If you just watched the movies and never read any EU material you would be scratching your head over certain things.

Thanks again DarthDov

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Revan i also had issues wiv leia tellin luke about there mother considerin she only knew her for less than a minute and was only a baby at the time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I guess with the Leia remembering her mother bit, there's two ways you can look at it -

a) she was actually remembering her foster mum, and wasn't actually remembering her real mum or

b) because she was strong in the force, she managed to pick up feelings and emotions from Padme in the couple of minutes she was with her.

I guess from real world perspectives, she could also have had dreams when she was little about what her real mum was like and through time confused the dreams with memories.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This is a hard question for me. I think it would have to be Return of the Jedi. Sure, the Ewoks were lame, but I think it was a good story. Episode 4 is a close second, but I like RotJ a bit more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My opinion is a bit complicated. I agree with the majority of Star Wars fans that Empire was the best movie overall. But Return of the Jedi is still my favorite. I absolutely love Luke's character in that one, and I love the brother-sister back-and-forth beween Luke and Leia. (Even before he tells her, e.g. "I see them, wait, Leia!") So even though I admit Empire to be the best one, Jedi is my favorite. Smile
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

But Jaina....how can it be your favorite when it's the film that forced you to look at...*dun dun DUN* the flap???? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree wiv jaina, lukes character in ROTJ was awesome thus also making it my favourite film of the saga.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
But Jaina....how can it be your favorite when it's the film that forced you to look at...*dun dun DUN* the flap???? Wink

Flap?

And Luke was a weenie in ESB.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i agree he was a bit of a weenie in ESB but he was facing darth vader for the 1st time wiv very little jedi training, but after all his traning for ROTJ luke turned awesome and was truly a badass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 13 of 17