What is Your Favorite Star Wars Movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is there any way the Admins could add the captcha things? I know they're annoying, I hate em too, but it eliminates some of the electronic spam. Course, this guy is probably just bored and human, so captcha may not work, but its worth a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote  

Caedus_16 wrote:
Is there any way the Admins could add the captcha things? I know they're annoying, I hate em too, but it eliminates some of the electronic spam. Course, this guy is probably just bored and human, so captcha may not work, but its worth a shot.

I've contacted the admins about this spaming problem and hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

I'm not entirely sure what this captcha thing is that you refer to but I would suggest you PM the admins with your suggestion. You can also make a post in this thread: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6 which is devoted to the subject of feedback/suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks Salaris. Captcha is those annoying little letter/number things where they're positioned all crazy and you have to type it out in the box underneath. Myspace and a few other pages use them to make sure that the user isn't a computer or autospam. This guy seems to be just normal spam, but ya never know. It couldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote  

Caedus_16 wrote:
Thanks Salaris. Captcha is those annoying little letter/number things where they're positioned all crazy and you have to type it out in the box underneath. Myspace and a few other pages use them to make sure that the user isn't a computer or autospam. This guy seems to be just normal spam, but ya never know. It couldn't hurt.

You're welcome Caedus_16, having an great active community that cares about what happens to the forums makes being a moderator all the more worthwhile for me because I know the community is worth the effort.

Now that you've explained what Captcha is I know what you mean. If we don't do it already it certainly sounds like a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
Now that you've explained what Captcha is I know what you mean. If we don't do it already it certainly sounds like a good idea.

Its just an idea I had. Its worked on several different sites online to prevent spam and I even have some friends who run a network site that use it. It seems to work out well. Its good to have moderators like you Salaris. You keep this site worthwhile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Favorite would be Revenge Of The Sith, not the best mind you, but that is my favorite.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:51 am Reply with quote  

I like every one star trek movie!!

No doubt! Star trek perfect.

And I have collected all the star trek tv shows.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote  

jacdyngin please keep posts relevant to the topic. Because you seem to be a sock ofanother former poster I'm going to contact an admin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
jacdyngin please keep posts relevant to the topic. Because you seem to be a sock ofanother former poster I'm going to contact an admin.

I think its been the same guy the whole time Salaris. He has multiple accounts and when you stopped blocking his post links he put them in his signature and on a couple other pages he's even been sorta on topic, but he still has big signatures posting about how he wants us to visit his online DVD thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Getting back on topic-

For me, it's a close tie, but Empire barely squeezes past A New Hope to hold my Favorite Film spot. New Hope was incredible-- I don't feel that I'm exaggerating when I say it is one of the most groundbreaking films of all time. The main reason I'd pick Empire over it is because Empire took the incredible characters and premise set up by the first film, and drastically raised the stakes. The threats seemed more real, the action more head-spinning, and the story had a little more depth.

After Empire and A New Hope, I'd rank ROTS as the 3rd best of the bunch (which is pretty good, considering the competition). Jedi comes in 4th (I actually teared up a little when I first witnessed Vader turn against Palpatine), Attack Of The Clones is my 5th favorite, with Phantom Menace in last place.

twitter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow Wraith, your list is basically the same as mine. The only difference is I put AotC in last and PM second to last. I just couldn't do the angsty teenage love thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Caedus_16 wrote:
Wow Wraith, your list is basically the same as mine. The only difference is I put AotC in last and PM second to last. I just couldn't do the angsty teenage love thing.

Yeah, it was a tough call for me; I found Anakin a little grating in Clones. The film had two saving graces that put it ahead of Phantom Menace on my list:

Anakin going all 'Dark Side' on the Tuskens

The introduction of the Clone army, accompanied by the Imperial March theme.

Those moments gave me a little shiver. Smile

twitter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

wraith1701 wrote:
Anakin going all 'Dark Side' on the Tuskens

The introduction of the Clone army, accompanied by the Imperial March theme.

Those moments gave me a little shiver. Smile

The Tusken thing didn't do much for me, but I'm totally with you on the Clone army introduction. That was amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

As much as I enjoy all of them (duh), A New Hope holds a special place in my heart to always be the best. So, ranking them in order, I come up with:

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

The more times I see AotC, the worse I hate it. And the main thing in Empire that makes me just absolutely adore it (aside from simply the movie itself, of course) is the banter between Han and Leia. Gotta love it! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote  

Can Star Trek Voyager be included?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 17