Video Games Of The Future: What are YOUR video game ideas?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Video Games Of The Future: What are YOUR video game ideas?
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This isn't a speculation thread for a Kotor III, JK 4, or anything like that. Rather, use it to tell your ideas for your own video game stories and place your ideas on what eras, peoples, etc., that games should be focused on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

A Kotor-type game taking place in the NJO era would be really cool.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

MizzeeOH wrote:
A Kotor-type game taking place in the NJO era would be really cool.

That would be awesome! I just want to see Yuuzhan Vong and fight them I'd prefer it doesn't take place on the same scale as the KOTOR games did but something like the short story that was in the Insider magazine (I can't think of the name now).

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree . . . some games that deal with the New Republic-Legacy era and the characters we know from the books. That would be nice.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I would like a NJO game where you play the characters from the series.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

A Star Wars saga game, where you play through the entire Saga as any character, and each character is basically a different game! That would be amazing.

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote  

A Star Wars game set in a Hades like environment. It's the afterlife of Star Wars. You either get to create a character or pick an existing character and wander around in this Dante's Inferno type atmosphere. You'd get to see all the Star Wars characters who have died and interact with them. Picture this...you're walking along this twisting path through a dark, scary looking woods with ancient gnarled trees. Then all of the sudden you come across Grand Admiral Thrawn in his white uniform. You noticed the red stain in the back where he was stabbed to death. At first he doesn't notice you, but as you approach, he turns ever so slowly and stares at you with his red glowing eyes. Then he speaks, "I've been waiting for you for some time now...it's seemed like decades. I guess it has..." you ask him what he talking about and he answers, "I've been stuck here, in waiting, sort of a limbo between living and the afterlife. I cannot rest until my life has been avenged, yet I cannot do it myself. That is why I've been waiting for you. Someone who can payback the Noghri who took my life." etc etc. As the plot thickens it turns out he wants you to find the Noghri, who is also dead, and seek revenge. Of course this is Thrawn, so the typical violent solution wont due. You would end up doing some artistic trick that would even the score and Thrawn would then be permitted to pass on. The whole game would be odd adventures and interactions with different dead characters from the Star Wars saga.

Just an odd idea that popped into my head...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Boy was that discriptive, Darth Skuldren...I like it and find it very interesting

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote  

Maybe it'll turn into a story...give it time to grow out a little more. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Maybe a Battlefront, except with EU characters (imagine being Thrawn . . . Very Happy ).

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I LOVE that idea Skuldren! Kind of like a twisted Alice type thing. I'm not sure if anyone here has played that game, lol.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i'd love to see something like a cross between EAW and battlefront, like your commanding your troops where to go, but your also playing as someone on the front lines. imagine BF with the squad commands from RC maybe, only instead of commanding one soldier, you use the commands for whole squads.

i'd also love to see more of film/ new republic era type game Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm fairly content with the SW games that hav come out so far. Battlefront2 was AWsoME. KOTOR. The Jedi Academy(Kyle Katarn). The FOrce Unleashed.
Wat I'd reaaaaly like is to be given A jedi WHO ISNT NAturaly gIFTeD and EVErytHING....just some random jedi nt that strong and everyhting....I mean Its no fun playing with a jedi who can block like a hundred Stormtroopers firing at him(Kyle Katarn-)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FatalFist, you were only "content" with KOTOR? Surprised

Just kidding, i know what you mean, lol Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

FF: the first thing that comes to mind would be corran horn. as far as powers like moving objects with the force, he had nothing in that aspect, although he was really strong with mental tricks and thing. a game based around him would be pretty interesting, to say the least!

Page 1 of 3