Video Games Of The Future: What are YOUR video game ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life Is The Path wrote:
We were talking about Tor and, while I disagree with your idea that the fighting style is unworthy of its predecessors,
KotOR 2 vs TOR: FIGHT!

Quote:
As to the HP system, he was a lot less enthusiastic. There's been a lot of work in games already about trying to overcome that, but from what I gathered it's still needed for the computer, to calculate what would kill the enemy (or the player). It's also necessary because some people in the games industry feel, perhaps correctly, that that system helps players determine what action is needed, whereas possible changes along what we, and you, were discussing, may blind the player too much. Which is not good business sense, yo.
I agree with this. Arkham Asylum-style wouldn't work for something tactical and subject to internet connection like a level-based MMO. But as I said, my suggested alternative does the same job, just it calls for really well-made animations to go with the depletion of the HP substitute.

Quote:
Instead, what he proposed - based on what's already been done in games - is have a system of hot spots around the body - as was seen in the playstation game Delta Force - where a shot, or strike from a melee weapon, would seriously wound and/or kill immediately. We already have this in the form of headshots, but he was talking about expanding that to include body parts where a wound would hinder performance.
That doesn't really sound SW-like, and it seems it would require muh more player agency during the fight than what the tactical element you brought up would allow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

NJO era Rogue Squadren game. Not somthing easy were you just go out and rack up hundreds of kills and nock out three Star Destroyers on your own, but somthing diffcult were you are just trying to vape a couple of skips and stay alive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I've wanted to see a "Battlefront meets Choose your own adventure, meets Knights of the Old Republic" game style, any era, any faction, any character ever created, with the ability to change the Played character\avatar's fate and that of the character's allies, for some time.

The ability to save the game whenever the player wishes would be a cool addition to the "Battlefront" aspect, hence KotOR.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote  

Teck wrote:
NJO era Rogue Squadren game. Not somthing easy were you just go out and rack up hundreds of kills and nock out three Star Destroyers on your own, but somthing diffcult were you are just trying to vape a couple of skips and stay alive.

Sounds like you are really thinking of something more like a revival of the X-Wing series. You can still be an ace but if you take out a single ISD you really had a major accomplishment.

On that note I would update X-Wing series games to not have capital ships with such perfect point defense systems that auto-target/destroy any warheads that were fired with a lock but don't target dumb fired warheads. It always bugged me that X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter on ward had missions that tasked you to destroy capital ship X but if you locked on the point defense would destroy every single warhead forcing you to restart and dumb fire them or somehow kill a capital ship with blaster cannons. Just never seemed realistic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It'd be nice if Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike were redesigned to play on PCs. (I know, I know, impossible, but I can dream, can't I?) I'm contemplating buying some SW video games, but I must say, it sucks that games like AOTC, RL, and RS were only made for one specific platform.

Page 3 of 3