Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote  

glad to be able to help! Very Happy I appologize that it didn't occur to me to mention it until I saw the screenshot. Embarassed

And here is the promised screenshot of Guilhem (embarassingly I kept taking screenshots but had no idea where the folder was)
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For the quickbars, I have number 1 on the bottom, #3 on the left, and #4 on the right. 3 and 4 don't have quickbind keys. I use those for Tank or Healing powers (as needed), Heroic Moments, Buffs, Dispels (freeing myself from a spell), Quick Travel, and Medkits. #2 is hidden; I use the arrow next to #1 to bring it up, and I only keep the things that I don't use in combat ever (switching lightsaber stance, sprinting, switching gun barrels, etc.)

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote  

Taral-DLOS wrote:
3 and 4 don't have quickbind keys.

actually i believe you can set those quickbars to have keys. They aren't set by default but in one of the preference menus (probably under a controls umbrella menu) and then set whatever key you want for quickbars 3 & 4. I believe you can do this with all quickbars to set up whatever key bindings you wish.

Also I recently discovered that the game supports a "toggle movement" button that you can use to move your character forward without having to hold down the move forward key the whole time. I'm not sure what the default button is (you can check in the movement key binding menu) but it is very helpful if you are trying to chat during a long trip from A to B without having to stop every time you want to type something.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
...but it is very helpful if you are trying to chat during a long trip from A to B without having to stop every time you want to type something.

Ah-ha! So that's how you were speedering and typing at the same time the other day! And here I was thinking you perfected the "pilot with right hand using mouse, type with left hand using keys" tactic. Sneaky. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

Ah-ha! So that's how you were speedering and typing at the same time the other day! And here I was thinking you perfected the "pilot with right hand using mouse, type with left hand using keys" tactic. Sneaky. Wink

I did try the pilot with right hand, type with left but let's just say it didn't go well. I then looked for other solutions to my problem and there it was, right under my nose in the control menu! and you know me, i like stealth and doing sneaky things. Wink

I did manage to crash into a few rocks and trees and had a few other *typing typing, look at road* "oh frakk" *swerves with mouse just in time* moments. So I'm still working on the implimentation of my new discovery.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
3 and 4 don't have quickbind keys.

actually i believe you can set those quickbars to have keys. They aren't set by default but in one of the preference menus (probably under a controls umbrella menu) and then set whatever key you want for quickbars 3 & 4. I believe you can do this with all quickbars to set up whatever key bindings you wish.

Also I recently discovered that the game supports a "toggle movement" button that you can use to move your character forward without having to hold down the move forward key the whole time. I'm not sure what the default button is (you can check in the movement key binding menu) but it is very helpful if you are trying to chat during a long trip from A to B without having to stop every time you want to type something.

Sorry I was unclear. I meant that Quickbar 3 and 4 on my settings don't have keys. I never bothered to bind them. Seemed more complicated than it was worth lol. Even if it's easy, I don't mind them unbound. In most cases they're non-combat powers used for healing (medkits for personal use, healing powers for my Bounty Hunter healer, etc.) or tanking (Taunt, Backhand, etc.)

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote  

Ok here's a question for everyone: between quest awards and armors you get at vendors I have found no shortage of modifiable armor for all my slots except belts and bracers. Thus far I found that the only place I can buy belts are the fleet commendation vendor and outside of the GTN I haven't seen any source for bracers.

Am I missing something or are these two armor pieces just incredibly rare to find as modifiable armor?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Ok here's a question for everyone: between quest awards and armors you get at vendors I have found no shortage of modifiable armor for all my slots except belts and bracers. Thus far I found that the only place I can buy belts are the fleet commendation vendor and outside of the GTN I haven't seen any source for bracers.

Am I missing something or are these two armor pieces just incredibly rare to find as modifiable armor?

I don't think I've ever had moddable bracers or belts.

But if you're having trouble finding it at vendors or through quests, I recommend the GTN.

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I discovered a good way to get money in the game.

I personally don't like crafting. I've had trouble figuring it out. It seems like the things I can craft are always inferior to the things I already have. So I decided to minimize crafting on several characters, and instead choose gathering skills.

My newest toon, an Imperial Agent (I unlocked Sith Pureblood race, and made an agent that kind of looks like Nightcrawler, so I named him Nightcrahler; all my toons have AH somewhere in them) has only gathering skills. I gave him Slicing (which means he can collect lockboxes around the map, which often contain money cases), Scavenging (you can scavenge debris around the map, but also from the bodies of large droids you kill), and Archaeology (collecting crystals and relics). I can then mail the things I get from scavenging/archaeology to the other characters who have crafting skills.

Or I can just sell everything I gather on either the GTN or to vendors. Money!

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The 9/7 patch has really messed up my game. I haven't had any lag issues since figuring out my settings early on, and now it's bad enough that I no longer look forward to playing. Anyone else start experiencing issues after the patch?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I haven't had any issues, but someone I was talking to in-game did. She was standing near an item I needed to click for a mission, and I asked politely if I could use it, and she said yes, that she was waiting for lag to stop.

There should be a new patch soon though. They tend to happen on Tuesdays.

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well I certainly hope a new patch fixes things. But tonight I'll investigate further, I haven't really had time yet. I've heard turning shadows off completely does wonders, but I think I may have already done that...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was on the SWTOR forums earlier, and it's a known bug that they're working on fixing. A lot of people complained. There's a patch coming tomorrow (probably in the early post-midnight/pre-4am morning).

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well awesome, that's good to hear. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote  

well I don't know if the patch fixes the bug you're experiencing Mara but they do have an official thread for reporting the bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=529811

Specifically they ask you to post your DxDiag info if you are experiencing the bug to help them track down what may be causing the issue.

Page 32 of 39