Star Wars: Assault Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: Assault Team
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Anyone else playing this game on Android?

So far, I like the game, but there are some things that I don't like.

1. Too hard to accumulate Gems.
2. I only play the "free" stuff. The ingame cost for crates and such are too much.
3. I found that I very quickly ran out of gems just on the Kashyyk missions because the opponents they put against you are just too powerful for low level characters.
4. The arena...I wish they'd develop a way to keep the "free" players from having to go up against "paying" players. And to keep paying players from attacking free players.

There are other things that I'm hoping the developers will "work out". I think this can be a fun game, but right now, without any gems and no ingame way of getting more, I feel sort of stuck. Anyone know where to find some "tips" for doing better in the game?

Re: Star Wars: Assault Team
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote  

Skywalker2B wrote:
Anyone else playing this game on Android?

So far, I like the game, but there are some things that I don't like.

1. Too hard to accumulate Gems.
2. I only play the "free" stuff. The ingame cost for crates and such are too much.
3. I found that I very quickly ran out of gems just on the Kashyyk missions because the opponents they put against you are just too powerful for low level characters.
4. The arena...I wish they'd develop a way to keep the "free" players from having to go up against "paying" players. And to keep paying players from attacking free players.

There are other things that I'm hoping the developers will "work out". I think this can be a fun game, but right now, without any gems and no ingame way of getting more, I feel sort of stuck. Anyone know where to find some "tips" for doing better in the game?

I've been playing it too. The main trick to not spending all those gems is resisting the temptation to hit the revive button because of that window saying "this is what you'll loose if you don't." It's tempting but you should resist because it's counting on you burning through gems and spending actual cash to advance instead of taking the free routes that level up your heroes so you can clear the mission without a revive (see below on the free route).

When I've been too low leveled I run a bunch of the training missions (farthest tab to the left). Those reward credits and training items (what type depends on whether you run a weapon, survival, smuggler etc. mission). Running those allowed me to level up my heroes so they could complete missions without respawning. Sometimes trying different hero combos also helps. I also rerun old missions at harder difficulties as that also nets you rewards.

By and large I'd recommend saving gems for the lowest level gem crate that rewards you with a hero. Sometimes that gets me a new hero that can make missions a little easier. If the hero is a duplicate you can actually cannibalize them to train other heroes (when you click on training hit the blue button at the bottom left of the list of all your training items to cycle through "training" "promotion" and "heroes" categories).

Also something I recently discovered: on a heroes turn they can actually use another heroes active ability if it is charged up (you click on the ability you want as if it was that heroes turn). With Han for example I've used that technique to 1 shot a weak enemy with his regular attack when it's his turn and then use his ability on the next heroes turn to 1 shot (or nearly kill) a more powerful enemy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's a super fun game! But I agree. Too hard to get gems and that kinda kills the fun a bit.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I've been playing it more and have figured it out better. Thanks for the tip about being able to use others bonus power even when it's not that heroes turn. I've used that several times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote  

something I've recently noticed: the credit price for using an item to train your hero is the same regardless of the amount of XP it gives. So a tier 3 training item will cost the same as using a tier 1 training item even though there is a significant difference between the XP gain. So what I've been doing more recently is selling tier 1 items to stockpile extra credits and only using tier 2 or higher training items.

I haven't yet figured out whether XP beyond the level required to be able to promote a hero carries over to the next rank but if it doesn't carry over I think that might be the one case where using a tier 1 item would still be useful (minimum wasted XP). If XP does carry over though then the only reason to use a tier 1 item is on rank 1 heroes and/or when the next level brings them to the level cap for their rank and they can't be promoted to a higher rank.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the tip Salaris!

So, I have a total of 7 "heroes" (Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, R2, 3PO, and a Gotal). All of them are levelled up to 11 or 12. I just started trying the Mos Espa missions and can't make it through. Ugh! Really?! *sigh*

So, I guess I'll be spending all of my energy and credits training them up for a while more.

Is anyone really spending time playing PvP in the Arena?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote  

Happy to help.

to revise my earlier statement on training items: it seems that up to level 6-7 tier 1 training items produce a significant XP gain. so if you have a hero that just got promoted using tier 1 items to level them is a good idea as it means you can save your higher tier items for heroes that are level 8+ where it takes much more XP to reach the next level.

Page 1 of 1