Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Scheduled to be released June 28. Pretty excited about this, to be honest. As disappointed as I was with the film, I'm just looking forward to more Star Wars paired with Lego.

The original game was fantastic, and I've played it probably more times than I can count. The second game, not so much. The levels were too long, and I got bored with it being impossible to complete all the achievements. I know I played it through a couple times, but it didn't have the replay appeal of the first. However...! Read on.

The Lego games have come a very long way since the last Star Wars entry. Last year I picked up the Marvel Super Heroes title, and my husband and I have been having an absolute blast playing through that. The fact that they've fixed the co-op into such a fluid combination of shared and split screen makes a world of difference. That's probably an old feature, but it was missing in at least the first two Star Wars games.

Looking forward to seeing the improvements! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a cultural juggernaut, but it isn't without its detractors. It may be a rollicking adventure, many say, but a lot of it feels like a retread. Characters, locations, and story beats echoed those of the very first Star Wars film, with even the movie's creators acknowledging that there were many (deliberate) similarities between the two.

Much the same can be said about Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens. As the newest entry in the long-running Lego series, there's more than a touch of the familiar about this game. It's gameplay, puzzles, and basic structure are all well worn, and even some of that trademark goofy Lego humor is starting to feel a little predictable. No surprises doesn't necessarily mean no fun, however. This game isn't a mold-breaker in the same way the superior Lego Dimensions was, but it delivers on its core promise of being an engaging, fun, and charming title that's imminently suitable for families. It's also goofy enough for adult fans of star wars Lego to get a few giggles out of.

Page 1 of 1