Imperial Commando Series Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ooooh...see, I've never played the whole game. Agh! Now I'll have to read and see what happened to him in the game. *rushes off to Wookieepedia*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This was waiting for me in my RSS reader: http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20090919.html - Star Wars: Imperial Commando: 501st Smile And its going to be a series. I sure hope Traviss gets to write Vader into the story, I would love to see her take on the character. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote  

Nice find comanderbly. Hmm, 501st. I wonder if Delta Squad will become an Imperial Commando squad and will be working with the 501st in this book. That would be interesting. And it would be all too likely that Vader will be there leading from the front. A bit of a twist for Delta. First being led by Jedi, now being led by Sith. Who knows, Boba might even start showing up.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, Traviss has already written Vader's character, briefly. In the two short stories In His Image and Two-Edged Sword, which can be found in the back of Betrayal. I just read them a couple nights ago and enjoyed them. It tells of the beginning of the beginning of the 501st. Interesting. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If you're a big fan of the Republic Commando books, I'm sure this is exactly what you were looking forward to Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, yep! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote  

I see an if there Aush, does that mean you're not a big fan?

I'll admit that I am. And being the close minded, senseless Mando supporter that I am, I promise not to smash you with my curshgaunts if you aren't.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I got the same impression, yeah. Hmm...so what is your opinion on the Mandalorians, Aush? We'll let you live, I suppose, as DS says. If you disagree. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, since you promised to not hurt me, I'll share Very Happy

I did enjoy the first book but grew disappointed with how the Mandalorians were an extinct race that Boba Fett was shown rebuilding at the end of NJO. But then Karen was allowed to make them into a large, always-been-there group of people. I was disappointed by this.

Now, I love Karen's style of writing because it is really character development driven, but how much the clones became Mandalorians, even the grunt clones, I'm disappointed that the mystery of the Mandalorians is entirely gone and I'm not all that happy with what we have. However, if you love the clones and Mandalorians, then I'm really glad for you.

But I do wonder if we'll see more than just clones in the Imperial Commando books since Palpatine did start to recruit regular people into the Imperial ranks. We'll see what Karen has to say about that and if she'll play more with the continuity.

And again, I really love Karen's style but not all that thrilled with the stories she tells with the Mandalorians. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, I see. Well I understand your PoV, but I must say I still love them! Such a sentimental person, I am. I grow so attached to things. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And like I said, that's great. Just not my thing right now. I do want to reread the Republic Commando books, or at least True Colors since I bought that and its just been sitting on the book shelf.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'd love to go back and reread them, but now isn't the time. I'm such a slow reader and I'm already having trouble keeping up as it is. Maybe Christmas break. Although by then I'll have Falcon and Shadows of Mindor to read. Agh!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Traviss talks about the fate of Sev in her blog:

http://karentraviss.typepad.com/blog/2008/10/a-word-about-sev.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, his fate is undecided and no longer to be seen. Wonder if Delta Squad will get dropped too. I mean, they'd feature prominently in any Republic Commando game sequel as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, poor Sev. I completely understand what she's saying, but I'll still miss him. Sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 6