[SPOILER!!] Lumpawarrump & Lowbacca

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SPOILER!!] Lumpawarrump & Lowbacca
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

In the NJO series,
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote  

Didn't it get negated somehow? I almost thought one of the authors lightly touched over it just so they could get rid of it.

Oh, no need to use spoilers if the book has been out for more than a month. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Oh. I wasn't sure if I should use it or not. Not knowing who has, or hasn't read the NJO series, I didn't want to ruin anything for someone who hadn't read them yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote  

I can't even remember the last time they mentioned old Lumpy. I know Lowbacca got featured in Invincible. It's surprising too. You would think the Wookiee character would get more page time and appearances but they don't.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's a really good question, what DID happen to that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I believe it was at the end of The Unifying Force, where Han and Leia are approached, and they tell the Wookiees that Chewie completed the life debt (maybe they even said more than once) and that it wouldn't be necessary. I believe they also mentioned just getting rid of the Noghri before the Wookiees asked to take up the life debt. It's been some time since I read it, but I'm sure it was towards the end of TUF when they're on Kashyyyk.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1