Post-LOTF Boba Fett Novel by KT Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah. Whatever happened to them?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I always liked 4-LOM, I would love to see what happened to him and his pal Zuckas.

I agree that we really do not need to go deeper into Fett's past.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm wondering about Sintas. Shouldn't she be dead? If the virus that Jacen released on Mandalore was geared to Mirta's genes, then that should affect Sintas, too. Not just Mirta and Boba. Or do I have that wrong? Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Was Sintas on Mandalore, I forget.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't know what else I need to know about Fett's past, I think he pretty much summed it up in the previous series. I just want to know if the remaining clones survived the Remnant's nano-virus attack, and a conclusion to what was hinted at in KT's books in LotF series would be nice. Wink
As for a sense of mystique, Fett is like an onion; you peel back one thing from his past, and you find something else that leaves you thinking "I wonder why that happened and what he felt..." Smile The point I was trying to make was that KT writes his character so well, it is almost endlessly entertaining(at least, in my opinion!), and the people around him are just as much so. Mrs. Traviss has not disappointed me yet. She is my favorite StarWars author, and can do no wrong! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I like Karen Traviss's writing, too, but I'm not the biggest fan of what has become of Boba Fett and the Mandalorians. I liked them in The Unifying Force when they were few and Boba Fett was trying to "rebuild" the Mandalorian "race". Now, they never went extinct and have always been a major power in the galaxy (Check out A Practical Man where there's a passage from Vergere telling the Yuuzhan Vong that the Mandalorians are the biggest threat in the galaxy...although a 19 book series says the Jedi were the biggest threat, but what do I know? I just read the books *heavy sarcasm again, sorry Smile*

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quote  

I think the idea was the Mandalorians had the potential to be such a nasty threat if they got organized. Mostly the clans were scattered with no centralized control. Fett has begun correcting that, or at least those under him are doing it for him. Regardless they are organizing and pulling together. There have always been a concentration of Mandalorians on Mandalore, but a lot of them were farmers and familes. The warriors were usually scattered throughout the galaxy. Fett has brought a lot of them back. During the Vong war he only had a hundred warriors under his control. Now he's probably got thousands, with a million or so as part of the larger Mando war machine. At least that's the impression I get.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But they were considered extinct at one time except for Boba Fett. Wasn't there a Young Jedi Knights book where they go to Mandalore and see Mandalorian ruins? Or was that a former Mandalorian world? I want to say it's the former but I'd have to look to be sure.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2