Post-LOTF Boba Fett Novel by KT Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post-LOTF Boba Fett Novel by KT Discussion
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Author Karen Traviss told fans this in an episode of Star Wars Action News:

Quote:

One for the ongoing Star Wars: Republic Commando series, entitled: IMPERIAL COMMANDO and then a post-Legacy of the Force novel regarding Boba Fett, which details with the future of the Mandalore and may have flashbacks to Boba's past.

This is very interesting. I just hope we don't get TOO much.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Re: Post-LOTF Boba Fett Novel by KT Discussion
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
Author Karen Traviss told fans this in an episode of Star Wars Action News:

Quote:

One for the ongoing Star Wars: Republic Commando series, entitled: IMPERIAL COMMANDO and then a post-Legacy of the Force novel regarding Boba Fett, which details with the future of the Mandalore and may have flashbacks to Boba's past.

This is very interesting. I just hope we don't get TOO much.

Ah-ha! But how much is too much? I think Traviss has revitalized an old, seemingly shallow character, and made it into someone with more depth and a refreshing slant on galactic affairs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Over on NJOE, someone had an idea that I thought was quite good. The book takes place post-LotF, almost in isolation. Fett is on his death bed and has flashbacks over his whole life.

It'd be a chance for some continuity to Fett's history, a time to explore his feelings on his life and tie everything together. I think it could be done quite well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Maybe I'm just a big softie, but I want to see Fett go out in a blaze of glory; power packs on blasters depleted, flamethrowers empty, vibro-knife in one hand, beskad in the other, going out swinging. I still like the idea you proposed though..it's quite poetic, the man who cared for no one during his life, surrounded by friends and family in death.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I can't wait for this book! The Mandalorians and all that are very dear to my heart. And so I love Fett. Here's what I would love to see. And it's just a combination of what ya'll already said:

Fett fighting somebody, but for the first time he's not going to prevail. And he knows that, but there's no way he's going to give in. Fett? Give in? Ha! So as he's fighting at his last, he's flashing back to his life before. All the way from kid to now. We can see Jango, and Sintas, and Ailyn, and Mirta, and everybody else that has come through his life. And if written correctly, this could be an awesome book! And I definitely think Traviss could do an amazing job with it. She writes the Commandos/Clones/Mandalorians/Fett so well. I'm getting all excited just thinking about it! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Iron Fist wrote:
Over on NJOE, someone had an idea that I thought was quite good. The book takes place post-LotF, almost in isolation. Fett is on his death bed and has flashbacks over his whole life.

It'd be a chance for some continuity to Fett's history, a time to explore his feelings on his life and tie everything together. I think it could be done quite well.

From what Traviss said, I have a felling that's what is going to happen.

Quote:
I think Traviss has revitalized an old, seemingly shallow character, and made it into someone with more depth and a refreshing slant on galactic affairs.

NOW, yes, but Fett is mystery. It's the best thing about him. Knowing every bounty, knowing every where he went; it's not fun. However, I would like to know more about his time as a Mandalorian Protector before he was exiled for killing the person who raped his wife.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote  

If Fett is going to die, he needs to go out like he always said he would, pointing Slave One out toward the unknown and just plunging off into the blackness.

It's cold...just like Fett.

As for the book, I'm not seeing any flashbacks or continuity clarifications. I'm thinking it will show Fett dealing with the nanovirus, with whatever ailments Mirta is having to deal with (looked like she was still half paralyzed), dealing with the Moffs responsible, and possibly scheming with Daala for a "Jedi free Galaxy."

And if you really want to finish him off, have Slave One, as its jumping out into the unknown, crash into a planet and Fett gets eaten by another Sarlacc. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Whoah! Shocked
It's not confirmed that Fett dies is it? If so, please try to refrain from such spoilers. Some of us like to be surprised.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry Reep, just speculation, lol.

That being said, I think everything posted above would be immensely awesome.

But as Reep pointed out, Fett may not even die. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why would Fett die after everything he went through in Lotf? I just do not see that happening - not yet anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote  

Maybe Fett will be one of those guys who just won't die, no matter what. I'd like to see Krayt have a run in with some old decrepit Fett 100+ years old, just like The End in Metal Gear Solid. He could have a caretaker zap him back to life for another mission. Kind of like a zombie/frakenstein Fett.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's a relief. I honestly don't think Fett's going to die in this book. Finding the cure would be for naught if he did. Oh and Skuldren, I think he'll die before Legacy. Just not yet.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm hoping that Fett dies, but I don't think it will be happen anytime soon. It's the evil ones who tend to be the most long-living (minus Yoda).

Okay....
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Here's a question;

How in depth would you "like" to see KT go into Boba's background??

Wouldn't it be cool to keep a certain mystery about him? I see a problem that could arise when too much information coming out about him could hurt his mystique. Would we want to see something like this happen??

Just a thought Smile

P.S. I would hate to see Boba die. Yes, if there is a war going on everyone is at rick to pass along to the Force. But Boba as a character still has time left.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote  

Honestly I don't see what more on his background we need to hear. Karen has already covered most of it, and has clarified all the discrepancies. Are there any particulars anyone is wanting cleared up? We already know what happened on Concord Dawn. What I would really like to know is what happened to everyone else. Zuckuss, 4LOM, IG-88, Dengar, and Bossk. I think each of them should get a cameo appearance or honorable mention. I'd like an update on their whereabouts.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2