Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote  

So I've been working on some "class" builds and I thought I'd share them with you:

Trait: Beserker. For my playstyle I find this to be the best trait for me. Use whatever trait works best for you though

Support/Medic:
Dioxis Grenade
Adrenaline Stim
Bacta Bomb

Weapon: DLT-19 or A289C. I prefer these as a support role as they can lay down a great volume of fire and maintain reasonable accuracy at full auto which allows you to suppress enemies at a longer range.

Playstyle: Use the minimap to locate large groups of allies and follow behind them. Use your blaster to provide suppressing fire or to help focus an enemy. I find the DLT-19 is good if you prefer a more heavy weapons role and are reasonably certain of your allies ability to survive. The DLT-19 is good but you won't get far if the rest of the squad gets wiped out. The A280C is good in the "heavy weapons" role due to it's large magazine size allowing similar suppressing fire capabilities. It's better suited for situations where you may need to hold the line until allies arrive.

Dioxis grenade is used to either flush enemies out of cover, weaken a defensive position, or keep enemies from overwhelming a position. I used this to great success in a match of turning point recently where tactical use of the dioxis grenade allowed me to prevent the Rebels from being within the capture radius without taking significant damage.

Bacta Bomb is used to either heal allies or as a reserve medical treatment for yourself. It can overheal you and I recommend using it over Adrenaline stim when there's a lull in the action as it doesn't require charges.

Adrenaline Stim: used for emergency healing where you need to hold the line. You can fire at the enemy, duck behind cover to heal back to full, and then open fire again. It lasts for several seconds so this can mean the difference between holding off an entire assault wave or falling after taking down only 2 of them. While behind cover healing combines well with Bacta Bomb if you have allies that can use healing.

I choose the Beserker trait because the heals you have allow you to essentially nullify the slow healing drawback and be fully healed between firefights while having a damage boost if you get injured during a firefight. The DLT-19 gets damage on par with an A280c with the trait and the A280c gets even more powerful. While weapons like the E-11 get an even greater damage boost the focus on this build is volume of fire on the assumption you're facing multiple enemies. Other traits like Bodyguard or Survivalist would also be viable. Scout may be of less use since you'll ideally be following a squad of troops and not doing much flanking.

General Purpose:
Ion Grenade
Adrenaline Stim (can be swapped for another card if you prefer but I like this for the enhanced survivability it gives)
Bacta Bomb

Weapon: Any

Essentially this is the set up for when you aren't sure what you'll be facing. Ion grenade to attack droids, shields, and vehicles with Bacta Bomb giving you some support options.

Anti-Vehicle
Ion Grenade
Adrenaline Stim (Ion Shot could be used here but I personally don't find it powerful enough against vehicles to merit use over a card that enhances survival like the stim or personal shield)
Ion Torpedo

Weapon: Any

Trait: Scout, Beserker

Your only focus is on taking down vehicles. Scout helps you flank them, Beserker allows you to use any damage you took killing a vehicle to enhance your weapon damage to deal with infantry supporting the vehicle. Best for modes like Walker Assault.

Assault Troop
Thermal Detonator/Impact Grenade (personal preference between the two)
Adrenaline Stim/Explosive Shot (either increased survivability between gunfights or better damage during gunfights)
Scattergun (deals with droids, turrets, and shields; better than Ion Grenade as you can't kill yourself in close quarters with it)

Weapon: E-11, T-21 (essentially you want a weapon that does high damage per shot so that even if you fall you'll have heavily damaged the enemy). Depending on the map/mode pistols might also be viable options.

Trait: Beserker, Scout (if you prefer flanking), Bodyguard, or possibly Bounty Hunter.

As the name implies your job is to assault infantry positions or lead counter assaults. You need a weapon that does a lot of damage per shot so that any enemy left standing is severely wounded and easier for allies to kill. As this build lacks my support build's ability to heal and suppress enemies (the E-11 and T-21 fire too slow for that; the grenades lack the area denial abilities of dioxis) you have less of an ability to hold the line all by yourself you should try to work as part of a group. You won't do much good breaking through enemy lines if you don't have allies behind you to exploit the break through.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Galaxy in Turmoil cease and desist from EA absolutely disgusts me.

First, it makes them look pathetic in their absolute weakness and incompetence. What, with all of your money and having effing DICE working on it, you still can't put out a product able to compete with indies working for free on the salvaged husk of an old game? You have to throw your legal weight around to win? Bloody hell, EA, you were doing so well. Back on the suck-wagon for you.

If they'd been competent enough to use BF3 as their base to begin with, they wouldn't have been in this position. Galaxy in Turmoil only works cause it has all the stuff they neglected to have in their own crappy game. Capitalism is supposed to be about competition on a marketplace, but as usual big evil megacorps use their money to buy away the competition rather than beat them on merits.

And this reflects poorly on Disney and the new LucasFilm as well. When fans made a good fan-film and released it for free, did old George send them a cease and desist cause he was worried they would draw away attention from his works? No, he held an annual competition and personally lauded their work. Say what you will of George, but he did respect non-profit fan creations as the Holy Ghost of SW. It is extremely low for Disney to let EA get away with sullying this proud tradition!
You bought SW for its cultural ubiquity and all the advantages that brings: it is too late to try to control it now.

This infuriates me on several levels, and I don't even play multiplayer shooters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote  

So an update with the Death Star DLC:

First I'd say I like the overall maps they designed and I think it's quite a bit of fun. Maybe not as mindblowing as Walker Assault on Hoth but still quite fun.

My main desire to update here is that they reintroduced two Dark Forces weapons into Star Wars canon:

Kyle Katarn's Bryar Pistol and the Imperial Heavy Repeater (now known as the TL-50). My understanding is that they also kept the secondary fire features both had from the later installments in the Dark Forces franchise.

I don't have much experience with the Bryar but I will say the TL-50 is a lot of fun. It plays almost identical to the DLT-19 so if you're a fan of that vanilla weapon you'll likely enjoy the TL-50 (and unfortunately if you hate the DLT-19 you'll likely not enjoy the TL-50). The secondary fire is a very cool, functional grenade launcher. Essentially it's the FPS "noob tube" found in many modern shooters. In terms of gameplay it works out really well as an indirect fire weapon. It has enough of an arc that you can fire it from behind cover to land at an enemy position up to a hundred meters or more away (I recommend using 3rd person perspective to adjust your fire). I overall really like this as it adds an additional tool to support based playstyles since you can carry a primary that can provide both effective direct and indirect supporting fire. As a long time fan of Star Wars I also really appreciate them adding some old Legends weapons back into canon.

They also reintroduced the medical droid from the previous Battlefront games.

Page 12 of 12