Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd really like a new Battlefront game. I've played the heck outta the first two. As for TCW stuff goes, I wouldn't be down for it, there is nothing about TCW that I like. However I'd enjoy a new batch of planets to play on.

Oh yeah: 200th post!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'd like to see if they could do a more SWEU-oriented game. Although they probably won't, as they need a product that will sell to the majority, not one that will appease a minority. (Sorry if this has been said, I haven't read through the thread yet)

But if they did, they could definitely add more planets, more characters, more eras (could play as Vong, or Brotherhood of Darkness, or Clones, or Deathwatch, maybe even Mandalorians) and it would be cool to have multiplayer on this (I've played both on the PS2 but only own BF2)

They could also update the heroes to characters like Aurra Sing, Revan, Krayt, Cade, Ahsoka etc.

TBH I'd rather see a Star Wars Street Fighter-type game, like an updated Masters of Teras-Kasi.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote  

Could you imagine a Battlefront III with a Thrawn campaign? I think they would finally wake up and realize how much money they could still make off the Thrawn Trilogy.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I would love a NJO era Battlefront game, but I know that will never happen. So might as well settle for a post movie game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't care if the eras are the same as last time. I just want a true Battlefront III that isn't a watered-down PSP game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

PS3 LADS.

GET DA BOYS TOGETHER AND PLAY SOME BATTLEFIELD.

Music
Music Tech Maths.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

If Lucasarts IS working on BF3 it should be better than the last two and other Star Wars games since it's taking so long lol. No seriously I expect that we will see The Force Unleashed 3 before we even get BF3, and we don't even know if TFU3 IS going to be made. I want a next gen Battlefront so bad though, but not a TCW one.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I remember sitting in Barnes and Noble poring over the magazine detailing the upcoming Battlefront game, which was promised to be the greatest thing to ever happen to the human beings on planet Earth. Even my mother was reading the magazine because I was so excited. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem that long ago. Ah, good memories.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lucas Arts needs to not make garbage like the Kinect game, and continue to make this game, seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mace Windu wrote:
Lucas Arts needs to not make garbage like the Kinect game, and continue to make this game, seriously.

AMEN!!!!

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-wars-battlefront-iii/1222310p1.html

http://ptoponline.com/

Sadly, this footage is from the alpha stage and although the game looks good, it will probably never come out Sad

However hopes are renewed that an announcement at E3 may be made as Life is the path says.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sadly with the way things look, they'll just announce another terrible game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I had a look over it, and it looks like they'll be continuing on with the same thing as the previous games - that of focusing on the Clone Wars and the Civil War. So that's a little iffy. Although, in the planet directory, I did spot the name 'Dathomir', so that's intriguing.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40977/battlefront-3s-tragic-death-they-effectively-canned-a-game-that-was-finished/

Quote:
Free Radical co-founder Steve Ellis has come clean on the fate of the developer's 2006 project for LucasArts, rumoured to be Star Wars Battlefront 3. According to Ellis, the game was "pretty much done" when LucasArts binned it in 2008. What's more, Free Radical (now Crytek UK) had already staffed up for concept work on a sequel.

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What a shame, it looked like it was gonna be such a great game. Hopefully the rumors about Spark Unlimited are true.

EDIT: I guess Spark is making Lost Planet 3... My bad.

Last edited by Jedi Joe on Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Page 6 of 8