Blood Oath Speculation and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Rouge77 wrote:
The only problem I have with Jaina novel is that this comes out a month after FotJ 1. A post-Invincible, pre-FotJ novel about Jaina might not make much sense as it would explore territory that would have to be explained in FotJ too.

Even when Cunningham's only SW novel to date is Jaina-centric, she might be writing about utterly different subject this time.

We can't go by dates on the sites yet, Rogue. The only facts are names, not dates, at this time. FOTJ is NOT a confirmed Post-LOTF story and we can't assume it is until we're given confirmation.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

jedipoodoo wrote:
What if it's about Jagged Fel or even the mysterious disappearance of Zekk? Smile

Sorry, just throwing out my random crazy thought for the day... Maybe it's a book about Tahiri, and the consequences of her actions during the LotF era?

It could be interesting, and there would be lots of Anakin Solo involved, but I can't believe it will happen. She's not that important to DR that they would give a book to her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote  

Well we really only have two facts to go on. One the author. Two the name. Author's previous Star Wars book, Dark Journey, included Jaina, Zekk, and Jag. Thus it's a good bet that it will be post-LOTF.

And the name Blood Oath gets me thinking about Jacen's blood, when he used it to track Jaina. Not sure how that would spill into any oath, but that's the only thing that comes to mind there. Perhaps Jaina gives some kind of blood oath to Jag, possibly even Zekk. Maybe something sinister happens to Zekk and Jaina goes through a lot of trouble to save him only for him to die. Who knows. But I'm thinking this one will be a Jain-Jag-Zekk threeway novel that will finally resolve the mess one way or another.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
But I'm thinking this one will be a Jain-Jag-Zekk threeway novel that will finally resolve the mess one way or another.

Ah, I hope, I hope, I hope! *crosses fingers expectantly* Although I hope, I hope, I hope it's Jag...Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's one thing - aside resurrections for the Solo brothers - that I want from either MF or this if this indeed is post-Invincible Jaina (and one or more boy toys) novel: What happened to Jacen's body? Did he get funeral?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would think this story would invlove Jaina, and I would expect it to put Jaina on a course like Troy Denning finally decided that Leia was going to be a Jedi after all those years of her being off and on. As for who Jaina goes with, maybe Zekk will never be found like Gavin Darklighter never knew what happened to his Bothan girlfriend but that didn't stop him from moving on with his life. I'm sure Legacy has sealed Jaina's fate it's just getting there.

As for Jaina, I could see her taking the instant she killed her brother and pledging some goal in her life to prevent others from having to fight family, even though that sounds silly; but think of other characters who make life pledges on impossible tasks in fiction (like Batman fighting the fight until all crime is gone).

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The only thing I've been wondering lately...Jaina seems pretty sure she's supposed to be alone in her fight against 'bad'. So maybe she won't settle down with anybody? That would be sad. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
The only thing I've been wondering lately...Jaina seems pretty sure she's supposed to be alone in her fight against 'bad'. So maybe she won't settle down with anybody? That would be sad. Sad

That just calls for a story where she realizes that she was wrong. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
There's one thing - aside resurrections for the Solo brothers - that I want from either MF or this if this indeed is post-Invincible Jaina (and one or more boy toys) novel: What happened to Jacen's body? Did he get funeral?

I'm sure he did and we'll be told about it. I really am anxious about this being a Jaina novel. It seems pretty clear to me that she will end up with Jag, but the reason, clear it is not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

MF being confirmed to be two years after Invincible is not the best place to give us an account of Jacen's funeral, except just as a short mention. If Blood Oath would be a Jaina novel, it could happen immediately after Invincible and give us a chapter about the funeral. In fact, it could begin from the funeral.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would be content with the mention of a funeral, but I see where you're coming from. Thinking about it, a few weeks ago I searched for that SW Game Untitled novel on Random House and it was gone.. I wonder if this replaced it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Since MF and the Boba Fett novel both will have flashbacks, maybe this book will have Jaina reminiscing about her brother (and maybe his Force ghost??? Very Happy )

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It's quite possible. However, I don't recall Sith ever having Force Ghosts, but maybe his one good deed at the end of Invincible helped redeemed him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Caedus was ever redeemed; that scene where he tries to get a warning to Tenel Ka is no different from him going down the dark path back at the start of the series. And if they won't show an Anakin Solo ghost to help Tahiri, why would they show Jacen's for Jaina? But we did see Mara's ghost twice, although the first time was good, but the second was poor.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think we will see Jacen's clone, like we haven't gotten Anakin - for some reason there seems to be a ban or taboo towards them. I thought it was a drive for "realism", but then we had Mara the mute Force Ghost, so... probably just a case of a wrong last name. *shrughs*

I do think that Jacen was more likely redeemed than not. Certainly he acted in an unselfish manner in the end, abandoning survival which was in Betrayal said to be a Sith trait, which separates them from Jedi. But of course we will be unlikely to ever find sure the final fate of Jacen, because it's not a habit for DR to give answers, but just to move on to create more irritating, ambiguous questions for readers to ponder.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 10