Blood Oath Speculation and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

But we can't forget that Lumiya emphasized sacrificing oneself for a larger goal as being a Sith trait. Caedus turned to the dark side primarily for Allana's sake, to ensure that she could grow up in peace. His death was in service of that goal, so I think that he did die a Sith, but one not blinded by emotion. In other words, he died as the Sith described to him in Betrayal as more or less a perfect Sith.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Larger goal that serves the Sith - Jacen's death made no sense when it comes to the goals of the Sith. If he would have sacrificed himself so that Tahiri could ascend to the status of a Dark Lord of the Sith and complete the conquest of the galaxy, then Jacen would have died a Sith. But he forgotted all of that and just wanted to save his daughter, letting his murderous sister to kill him so that he might save Allana in his final moments.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Larger goal that serves the Sith - Jacen's death made no sense when it comes to the goals of the Sith

That is the irony of it

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rouge77 wrote:
I don't think we will see Jacen's clone, like we haven't gotten Anakin - for some reason there seems to be a ban or taboo towards them. I thought it was a drive for "realism", but then we had Mara the mute Force Ghost, so... probably just a case of a wrong last name. *shrughs*

I do think that Jacen was more likely redeemed than not. Certainly he acted in an unselfish manner in the end, abandoning survival which was in Betrayal said to be a Sith trait, which separates them from Jedi. But of course we will be unlikely to ever find sure the final fate of Jacen, because it's not a habit for DR to give answers, but just to move on to create more irritating, ambiguous questions for readers to ponder.

Hopefully it will be like in Last Battle:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
Rouge77 wrote:
The only problem I have with Jaina novel is that this comes out a month after FotJ 1. A post-Invincible, pre-FotJ novel about Jaina might not make much sense as it would explore territory that would have to be explained in FotJ too.

Even when Cunningham's only SW novel to date is Jaina-centric, she might be writing about utterly different subject this time.

We can't go by dates on the sites yet, Rogue. The only facts are names, not dates, at this time. FOTJ is NOT a confirmed Post-LOTF story and we can't assume it is until we're given confirmation.

That being said, I will refrain from discussing Blood Oath until it gets an era confirmation or at least FotJ1. I will say my first thought when I saw the title: Mandalorian.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote  

Mando blood oaths...hmm. That could be interesting. Renegade clones during the Empire period maybe. Lots of stuff going on in that period now. Very hot topic. Could be likely.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have to admit I voted for both on the poll, because I just couldn't decide! I'd really like a book about the Mandalorians, but also one that straightens out Jaina's life. Or at least somewhat...

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mando's make a lot of sense. I myself would love to see more Kir Kanos (EU Cast mentioned rumors about more Crimson Empire). Either of those would be great though. But what about Aurra Sing or Ventress?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Kanos would be awesome, but I really do hope its about Jaina. She needs a book to herself. Heck, Anakin got half the NJO and Jacen got the whole LOTF to develop, and Jaina had to develop in their shadows. I hope it resolves the Zekk issue to, cause I really don't like him but is Star Wars there has to either be a body or total physical obliteration (chewbacca) for satisfaction. Hopefully we get some stuff resolved.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Blood Oath is sort of an unofficial part of the Fate of the Jedi -series. From Elaine Cunningham's blog http://e-cunningham.livejournal.com/145417.html#cutid1:

For several months now, I've been mentioning a project that's due October 1. As of today, I finally have the go-ahead to announce what it is: Blood Oath. a standalone Star Wars novel scheduled for April 2009. It has been listed for over a week now on the Randomhouse online catalog, and is now listed on Amazon.com. The story takes place after the events of Legacy of the Force, during the early days of the period covered by upcoming series, The Fate of the Jedi. I can't give details about the story, characters, or setting at this point, but I do have a few observations about Star Wars in general... Blood Oath is a self-contained story, rather than an episode within a larger tale. Blood Oath is an adventure shadowed by political intrigue, with a bit of humor and maybe a hint of romance. I can't hope to recreate the sense of wonder I found in my first trip to a theater back in 1978, but I'm keeping that memory firmly in mind as I write.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Definitely post LotF then so I'm seeing 3 possibilites.

1) Jaina-centered, as many have theorized
2) Tenel Ka-centered (political intrigue definitely fits)
3) Daala-centered.

And an original Star Wars feel? Count me in. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote  

I'm liking the sound of this. A nice, concise story with a beginning, middle, and end all in one book. So this one would fall after MF and before FOTJ I guess. Too bad we have to wait till April.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm liking this as well; an all-women story wouldn't hurt, espescially the possible women IF pointed out. This is what this era needs and I'm glad to see that we're probably getting it.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah-ha! This will greatly ease the pain of FotJ. And I'm curious at that 'hint of romance'. Though I was sort of hoping for more than a hint. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Curiosity isn't the word for me. I'm sure it will be about Jaina and Jag.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 10