Blood Oath Speculation and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

As long as Jaina and Jag aren't as corny as Luke and Mara in NJO. I loved it when someone on the official boards years ago said, "No wonder Luke and Mara are so bad, look at Anakin and Padme." Laughing I am excited more now for this book (maybe it will contain Jacen's funeral or talk about it in detail), even though Dark Journey wasn't my all time favorite SW book.

And just a random fact, Dark Journey was the first SW book I had to wait to get until it's release Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well guess we know who is the focus of the book: http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20090919.html. Pretty exciting, now will he goto the darkside? Again? I say yes, poor Jaina.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, what?! Oh, bother. *hangs head* Here we go again. *sigh*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Z - he lives!

Now, is he a Darth or just Dark when he comes back? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

A Zekk-book...I didn't see that one coming. That being said, I'm glad to know we have an answer to that Invincible question. That being said, I'm stoked for this.

If I had to bet now, I think Zekk will end up exploring his dark side but will eventually come out in the light.

Anyone know if Blood Oath is out before Outcast (FotJ). If that's the case, it (unfortunately) sets up the stage for Zekk as a villain. We'd get his backstory in BO and then see his defeat/redemption in FotJ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Outcast is published first, it comes out in March and Blood Oath is published in April.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rouge 77 posted:

Quote:
Blood Oath is a self-contained story, rather than an episode within a larger tale. Blood Oath is an adventure shadowed by political intrigue, with a bit of humor and maybe a hint of romance.

So if that part is accurate, well, frak, we still do not know. I for one would like to see Zekk in a romance with someone other than Jaina, whether Zekk goes dark or not I would like to see him move on. Tenel Ka is single. Wink And there is always political intrigue with her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Perhaps Zekk is recovered by TK at the end of Invincible and Zekk wants to remain "dead" to deal with the issues from Lumiya's asteroid base and that sort of thing? :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've never liked Zekk, I don't hate him he's just a boring character. At least FotJ is published at around the same time so I can quench my Star Wars thirst without a long wait. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am not a big Zekk fan either, but I am always for more characters stepping away from the big 3 and their descendants. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think good things are in store for Zekk. I really would hate to see him killed off just because so many people want to see Jaina and Jag together. If they give him another romance, great! But to make him dark or a Sith....we've already read that story and most of the time, those who fall and return don't fall so easily. Yes, I know he "touched" the dark side at the end of LotF, but I hope they have more in store for him than a new Sith.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't want him to die (although it wouldn't bother me if he did), but I'm not exactly thrilled about a book for him, either. Guess I'll have to wait and see what they do with it. These things kill me! Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote  

Taryn Zel + Zekk equals win, Zekk + Dark Side = Flop, put that together and you've got another mediocre story. Thus I hoping they drop the whole "Zekk falls to the dark side" bit. I want to see him get rescued, develop a relationship with Taryn, and a happily ever after with BOTH characters living at the end. They can throw in a bunch of fun adventures to fill it out, but I don't want another Dark Jedi or Sith martyr. Zekk is a seasoned Jedi and he should be able to handle an occasional touch with the Dark Side without falling victim to it. And since this book is set more closely to the end of the LOTF series rather than the beginning of FOTJ, I'm sure they can throw in some extra events and adventures to fill the book.

This should not be The Death of Zekk, The Fall of Zekk, or Tragedy of the Jedi. I want uplifting, fun, and adventure. And I'm putting my foot down.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Right you are, DS. Right you are. But who's this Taryn Zel? I think I saw you mentioned it was Tenel Ka's cousin, but where'd she come from? I remember no such character. Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote  

Have you read invincible? Toward the end two Hapan Twins showed up. They were Tenel Ka's cousins. First they picked up Ben at some cantina and gave him a ride back to the Jedi base, then they fought on the ground during the battle. Taryn kept hitting up on Zekk. She even asked for a date.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 10