Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Unless I'm mistaken (and somebody correct me!), there isn't a thread for KOTOR yet. And since I recently ran into an interesting glitch with the game, I wanted somewhere to share it with you guys. So here you go, a KOTOR thread. And now for my interesting glitch:

KOTOR - Carth Enemy Glitch

Anybody ever had this happen before? It was actually my sister who had the woe, but she wanted me to share it. I have to say I never ran into this in all the times I played it. Quite bizarre!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I played KOTOR 1 through half a dozen times and never encountered that and I have never heard about that kind of glitch either. Strange, but a nice find at the same time!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yup. What was really funny was where his party selection slot said, "I am broken. So very, very broken." Is there someplace else in the game where Carth can die and then show up missing in the selection screen saying that? Cause I couldn't remember such an instance and thought it was amusing, wondering if perhaps it was more of an easter egg than a glitch. *shrugs* Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote  

Well the only other KOTOR thread was one just requesting technical help with a specific problem. So I think you're good with starting a new thread for all discussions about KOTOR I.

On topic: I too have never heard of such a glitch. Might one ask what version you were playing? Did you have a save right before the glitch occurred? It would be interesting to see if you could replicate the glitch.

Just an idea I had but if you tried adding stuff to his inventory after killing him it would be interesting to see if it then appeared in his next "clone." Granted it would be cheating but you could possibly amass quite the collection of high level equipment/med packs/etc. for use in the final levels.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

If I had to bet, it's probably a leftover part of the game that wasn't finish. The way things were supposed to work is that you could go dark (while doing the love supplot with Carth) only to have him appear after you kill Malak.

He appears in the game but you only get to decide if you or Bastilla kills him. There was supposed to be an ending where Carth "redeems" you through your love for each other and you both die on the Star Forge.

At least, I think I saw that on Wookiepedia.

But that part of the game wasn't finish so you may have activated part of the code....or maybe not, I have no idea.

Interesting find though.

And in case no one knows, I've finished my EUC review of KotOR. Link's in my sig. And that's all for my shameless plug-in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I believe she had a save right before this happened, but I don't know if it could be replicated. If so, I might go try your ideas, Salaris.

And Iron Fist, that's interesting about it maybe being part of an unfinished code. Hmm...it's certainly an idea. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, here's a question for all you KOTOR players. I've played the game many, many times, but in my most recent experience, I found out how old Mission is. I don't recall ever seeing that before, but maybe it's just me. So...without looking it up, does anybody know or remember having found out? Do share your thoughts. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

She's 14, right? I recall the first time I played that her constant "I'm not a kid" arguments had me wondering so when I heard it I made a mental note. I can't recall the exact conversation, however, but I had it on Taris.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My buddy had his system glitch out real bad once, outside of his character every other character turned into Zaalbar for some odd reason, and at one point he was on a ship by himself with 9 Zaalbar's walking around. Needless to say after showing me this to make sure he wasn't full of it he had to scrap that game and start over from scratch.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Very good, SoS! For whatever reason I don't remember that at all. And I always thought she was older than that...

@Bill: For real? That's so crazy! I would have loved to see that. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Very good, SoS! For whatever reason I don't remember that at all. And I always thought she was older than that...

It's also a common age now with young characters in SW-- Ahsoka, Mission, etc. It is interesting that she's so great at what she does at so young but it makes a lot of sense. Cat Taber, who voices Mission, also ways a bit older so there's that too.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ben was 14 in LotF too, so that's another character in the same club.

Interesting enough that Twi'leks seem to develop and mature at the exact same speed as Humans.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

MIssion's age may have also been mentioned in the KotOR comics when her and her brother showed up for a few issues, but I never recalled an exact number outside of "young teenager".

And for Ben, he turned 15 in Fury (or the book where he found the Sith ship). Wink

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, here's another question! I do remember reading this before, but it seems like an easily forgotten piece of information. What planet are you from? (or at least what planet have you been told you're from)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

One of my favorite games of all time. Of course. Razz

Page 1 of 6