Isn't it really hard to be mad at Jacen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really hope Allana doesn't grow up hating Jacen. I can sort of see her having issues...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jacen's legacy? Allana as a great Jedi, and that under her shadow Ben and his kid(s) wither...

And hopefully at least one clone or another child we don't yet know of to continue the Solo name...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was never all that fond of Jacen either. It seemed like from the beginning, Jaina led, and Jacen folloewd. I mean, in The Crystal Star, who got them all out? Jaina and Anakin. Jacen found them a ride. He always seemed the weakest of the kids to me...not in powers, but in the way he acted. Just way too kind.

But I guess everyone snaps ;p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

To like someone--he doesnt hav to be the over-achiever or anything---I mean in the HP series I used to like Ron the best.
Plus Jacen always used to win the lightsaber spars with Anakin___
And in the final fight b/w Jaina and Jacen...I was surprised Jacen didnt hurtle things at her---and use the ever-efficient lightning!!!!=c

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

FatalFist wrote:

And in the final fight b/w Jaina and Jacen...I was surprised Jacen didnt hurtle things at her---and use the ever-efficient lightning!!!!=c

I didn't like that fight. It was too choppy, undramatic, and boring. Plus Caedus died. Sad

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

FatalFist wrote:
Plus Jacen always used to win the lightsaber spars with Anakin

Well, that's before Anakin became all the more interesting by receiving training from Mara Jade Skywalker and living amongst the Yuuzhan Vong shamed ones for a brief time. It would have been interesting to see what Anakin thought of Jacen's talents from The Unifying Force.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cmon Jacen was clearly stronger, he was always pre-occupied with other stuff when he had a duel with some Jedi(luke--Jaina)
Either he was caught unawares/or he had been busy Force-increasing the morale in his troops(which must be tiring) or he used to be busy with other stuff....like saving Allana(The Jaina Showdown)
Anakin was always simply doing wat the situation demanded. Jacen was the one who wanted to explore the FOrce...Anakin would actually hav liked the unifyng force...he always said that the Force was a tool right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

FatalFist wrote:
Anakin would actually hav liked the unifyng force...he always said that the Force was a tool right?

He did use it as a tool, and the unifying view also does, but in Onslaught, Mara taught Anakin not to abuse it like he did and over the next several books, Anakin evolved a little more away from thinking/using it as a tool. I do think Anakin would be intrigued by the unifying view, but would take more of a stance Luke did in that chapter I always mention from The Unifying Force (26 Very Happy) Now we'll never know how they would do Sad

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3