Crosscurrent by Paul S. Kemp Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Aw, but that's like saying we should kill off an Anakin because two Anakin storylines would get confusing. Not that I would necessarily like another Kel Dor Jedi (I don't really care), but I wouldn't go so far as to say it could get confusing. Pictures, perhaps, but that would be all.

Good point. I thought about it for a bit and now I wouldn't actually mind a Kel Dor. Especially if he had a different colour skin (if possible or a unique breathing apperatus.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hmm, I'm not sure I like the idea of time travelling Sith, or time travelling anything for that matter! I mean, for the most part, the SW saga has stayed away from stuff like that, apart from the Mace Windu story in Tales and maybe one other thing (which probably comes under infinities anyway). Isn't time travel supposed to be impossible?
Thinking of how the Great Hyperspace War and post-LOTF could be connected in a single novel, well, what if they had some kind of threat that wound its way through the millennia in between the two periods, in essence, take the same approach that was used with the Vector comics, except in novel form?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't like a time-travel idea either. I'm glad Star Wars has stayed away from that. That's one of the many things I don't like about Star Trek. They can practically accomplish anything! And they all speak English...I heard somebody say on a movie once:

"Of course Irish people don't speak English. But for the sake of our story, we will make everyone speak English, like in Star Trek!" Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hopefully, it will be flashbacks or something. I agree, time travel would be pretty bad.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

With the new comment by the author, I'm thinking flashbacks of the character, or simply flashbacks for the reader's benefit.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So it seems that Jaden Korr is a human male, yes? Check out the cover and blurb:

I'm tired of the ponytails. Can't they ever have short hair? But anyway.

So according to the blurb, it looks like they are going to touch on time travel.

The Civil War is almost over when Jedi Knight Jaden Korr experiences a Force vision so intense he must act. Enlisting two salvage jocks and their ship, Jaden sets out into space. Someone — or something — appears to be in distress.

But what Jaden and his crew find confounds them. A five-thousand-year-old dreadnaught — bringing with it a full force of Sith and one lone Jedi — has inadvertently catapulted eons from the past into the present. The ship’s weapons may not be cutting-edge, but its cargo, a special ore that makes those who use the dark side nearly invincible, is unsurpassed. The ancient Jedi on board is determined to destroy the Sith. But for Jaden, even more is at stake: for his vision has led him to uncover a potentially indestructible threat to everything the Jedi Order stands for.

How do you guys feel about that? Personally, I don't like it. But I guess I'll have to hold my official opinion for the book itself. I don't know, though...they shouldn't mess with time travel. It's just...messy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Interesting. I'm assuming these are the same Sith from Omen?! Could be wrong.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah this blurb isn't doin it for me. And I'm with Mara, ditch the ponytails.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote  

I have no problem with time travel and ponytails, but this ore that make darksiders nearly invincible...well, that could be problematic. Darksiders are usually hard to stop as is. How they heck are they going to stop a whole ship of nearly unstoppable ore enhanced Sith?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Blow the ship up. Give 'em the old Death Star treatment.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heh, yep. That'll do it. Too bad they got rid of the Sun Crusher. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Heh, yep. That'll do it. Too bad they got rid of the Sun Crusher. Smile

Ya know the pieces of that thing are still floating round in the Maw somewhere Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So how do you guys feel about the sequel. To me, a Jaden Korr novel was weird enough without a sequel, but we'll see how it goes. Who knows it might be really good.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote  

The more the merrier. Of course, if this first novel stinks, that won't bode well for the sequel at all. It all depends on whether he can sell the character to the readers.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Time travel is a brilliant idea if they do it right. I've been waiting for a major story that involves time travel in the Star Wars universe! Very Happy

But WHY did they have to use Jaden Korr? Jedi Academy was not good enough to have a sequel... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 6