You know you're a Star Wars fan when...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

6 copies of the OT: original box set? Wow, how did that happen, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

How did what happen?

...(I believe this may have been mentioned before, but...) when you lower the sun visor in your car, are still assaulted by the glare, and say, "But with the blast shield down, I can't even see! How am I supposed to drive?"

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Lol, nice one Mara!

Whenever you go out on the street, your bike becomes an X-wing, the people become TIE fighters, and the buses and trucks become Star Destroyers and Mon Cal cruisers: it's Endor all over again!
"Red Group, Gold Group, all fighters follow me!" Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

When your car idles kind of rough in the cool mornings, you bark "Artoo, lock down that stabilizer!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

...when you're sitting in one of your college classes and you perk up at the mention of Vader from a class down the hall. You zone completely out on whatever your teacher's going on about and focus solely on this most interesting of discussions concerning Vader and the Imperial March. You're so intent (despite the fact that you're two doors down) that you could probably pass their next test. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
...when you're sitting in one of your college classes and you perk up at the mention of Vader from a class down the hall. You zone completely out on whatever your teacher's going on about and focus solely on this most interesting of discussions concerning Vader and the Imperial March. You're so intent (despite the fact that you're two doors down) that you could probably pass their next test. Very Happy

Laughing Not the easiest way to get through college, eh? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote  

When you're working at a task with a friend and they start losing focus you say "stay on target..." Unfortunately I have yet to get a friend to pick up the rest of the dialog, though I always manage to get them to laugh and "loosen up" Razz Laughing

don't know if this really counts but apparently a few people I know like to randomly shout "It's a trap!" Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No, that's a good one that my people use, too. Another one we like to say is, "Almost there!" Very Happy

@JP: No, you're probably right. But hopefully I can stay more focused in the future! As long as they stay away from SW topics...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote  

ok so I'm part of this sword fighting club at my college (practicing Japanese sword play) and recently we learned a form that is exactly what Starkiller uses in TFU. That of course led a group of us to start commenting on TFU, and it is now one of my favorite forms to practice though I have yet to actually attempt it in sparing. My other favorite form is similar to what Anakin's.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, that sounds pretty awesome! What style is it, exactly? I wonder if my college offers sword fighting...I doubt it, but I'll definitely check into it! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

At my college, they have a club for everything (there probably is something SW related but have been too busy).

I hear "It's a trap!" ALL THE TIME; it's hilarious Laughing

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Hey, that sounds pretty awesome! What style is it, exactly? I wonder if my college offers sword fighting...I doubt it, but I'll definitely check into it! Smile

The style we practice is kenjutsu. It's lots of fun, and a great way to get rid of stress (bashing someone repeatedly with a foam sword is really good for that). We of course wear head gear for safety reasons.

Currently though all our foam longswords are broken so we've just been using short swords. Kinda sad since I really like longsword sparing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

When you go to a store, you simply HAVE to stop in the toy aisle and say hello to the Clones in it. And pick up one you don't have yet. And, as soon as you get it home, you rip it out of the packaging (Collector's edition, who cares. The POOR CLONE!) and take the helmet off. You feel slight anger bordering on hatred to Hasboro every time there's one without a head.

You can't eat Calamari at a resteraunt without thinkinging "It's a trap!"

Whenever the song American Pie comes on the radio, you don't have the words pop in your head right away. Instead, you have to think (real hard) not to sing The Saga Begins instead.

You're reading Greek/Celtic/Roman mythology in class and thinking "Hey! They stole these names from Star Wars!" And once you realize your mistake, you spend the rest of the class period trying to connect the two genres. "So maybe the Jedi escaped the purges, came to our world, made people think they were a God, and that's why they have the same name!"

And as a little story, I have the Imperial March on my phone too. It went off in class the other day. Instead of being mad, the rest of the class finished the tune, after I'd turned it off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote  

Elainya wrote:

Whenever the song American Pie comes on the radio, you don't have the words pop in your head right away. Instead, you have to think (real hard) not to sing The Saga Begins instead.

I actually have the music video youtube link on my bookmarks and am guilty of listening to it multiple times in a row instead of doing school work. I probably know the lyrics to The Saga Begins better than I know the lyrics to American Pie

Quote:

And as a little story, I have the Imperial March on my phone too. It went off in class the other day. Instead of being mad, the rest of the class finished the tune, after I'd turned it off.

Lol! That's a great story.

Interesting story related to the Imperial March: at the opening game at Yankee Stadium this year they played the Imperial March when they introduced the visiting team's players and then the Rebel March/Temple Victory Ceremony theme when they introduced the Yankees players. I thought that was the coolest thing ever

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When I attended baseball games, the Imperial March would play when the visitor's manager went to the mound to talk to the pitcher...if they went too long, the Jeopardy theme would come on instead Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 4 of 68