Mandorla by Alex Irvine (Nomi Sunrider novel)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Location: Greeley, Colorado, America, Earth, Sol System, Sector 13-A, Outer Rim, Milky Way Galaxy

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sunrider_naming_controversy

Although, they did do a work around with Nomi's "Cameo" in TOR, by saying calling her Nomi-Da-Boda. (Looks like Da-Boda is her maiden name.)

Got a piece of Chewstim?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is just a sad day. I was really looking forward to this one, more than almost any upcoming novel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote  

I can't say that I care. On one hand, the cancellation of any Star Wars books is sad news. On the other hand, I was very interested in this book. Nomi was pretty cool in the comics, but I have no clue what this book was even going to be about, or what to expect from the author. I've never read a book by Irvine.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm actually not that big a Nomi fan, but I was still looking forward to this book. It's funny, but I kind of felt sorry for her, because in the old days she was quite popular, and then along come Revan and Bastila, and their lineage, and she's then sidelined. The Satele Shan before Satele Shan.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 3