Deathtroopers by Joe Schreiber Speculation & Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Its my favorite piece of literature actually. Little hard to read if you can't stand poetry cause its an epic, but really interesting take on the afterlife. But yeah, if you read that and Traitor you can see big parallels. I found a statement somewhere about that a long time ago. I need to go find it and get a link on here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anybody have a new update on this?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not me. Alas, patience is initially the hardest part of anticipation.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Tis, Reep, tis. Indeed, I can barely handle the wait for some of these books that we've been speculating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote  

Well according to his blog as of Sunday, October 26, 2008, he's still waiting to hear back from his first draft. Otherwise no new news that I know of yet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Tis, Reep, tis. Indeed, I can barely handle the wait for some of these books that we've been speculating.

After closely anticipating Prince Caspian for about a year. Waiting doesn't annoy me anymore. Not as much any way.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How're you holding up waiting for Voyage of the Dawn Treador?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We just got our first concept art for VDT last night actually. I got so excited I couldn't sleep so I read Betrayal. VDT is quite a while away, so I'm really trying not to get too excited. Two reasons 1)For Caspian, I just wanted it to come and that's all there was to it. Now that it's really slowed down, I really miss anticipation. So this time, I'm just going to enjoy anticipation. 2)If I kept having the same mood as I did with Caspian, that could really waste your life away.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, as to this novel, I think I read that the title is Deathtroopers or something along those lines. I'll try to find the link when I have more time, but Joe said that he hopes that it will be terrifying.

And Reep, Disney dropped the Narnia franchise, so Dawn Treador currently has no hope of being made. Sorry... Crying or Very sad it saddens me to. They dropped it because it ONLY made 420 million, instead of the like 780 that the first one did. Greedy Disney...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Woah, woah, woah. It certainly doesn't not have any hope. In fact Walden is having negotiations with 20th Century Fox. Both companies can greatly benefit from the Narnia franchise. Walden Media has said that 'Dawn Treader is their top priority. It is a little scary, but there is definately hope.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Woah, woah, woah. It certainly doesn't not have any hope. In fact Walden is having negotiations with 20th Century Fox. Both companies can greatly benefit from the Narnia franchise. Walden Media has said that 'Dawn Treader is their top priority. It is a little scary, but there is definately hope.

Really? Fox? Hm, I have a lotta faith in them so that'd be pretty interesting. Thanks for the update on that. Oh, and just to be a little on topic...

Joel Is a respected horror author, and in an interview (you can find it on the EU Cantina main page) he said that he hoped that this novel would be a scary Star Wars story, and not simply categorized that way because HE wrote it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, yeah. We were talking about Deathtroopers, right? Laughing
I've never heard of Joel Schrieber before. Maybe I'll read on of his books before Deathtroopers comes out. And if you want to talk more about Dawn Treader, head on over to the Narnia thread in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote  

Well I read one of Joe Schreiber's books last Friday, Eat the Dark. I must say I was really impressed. He did an excellent job of developing the characters, tying things together, and presenting rich, creepy atmospheres. The way he describes things is very skillful. I'd compare him to a new breed of Stephen King and H.P. Lovecraft. I just hope he can make the transition to the Star Wars realm all the different terms and integrating into the history of what's already been done. I know Karen Miller did an excellent job with Wild Space, so we know it can be done.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote  

WE HAVE A COVER!

Boy is that awesome! Looks like the Stormtroopers will be the dead ones though...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I have to say, I'm sufficiently terrified. I'll be reading this underneath my comforter with a flashlight. Creeptastic. A little like a movie poster though, no?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 6