Tom Kane Interview: The voice of Yoda

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Kane Interview: The voice of Yoda
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote  

First off this interview reveals a bit more than the man behind the voice. In fact it has, what I believe, to be some rather interesting insight into the series to come. The big revelation: the movie was their practice run, the series is ten times better.

Of course he didn't say it in exactly those words, but that's the gist of it. The Clone Wars movie was simply the first three scripts they came up with and the first three shows they completed. Everyone was still getting into the swing of things and trying to find their place. Kane specifically states that when they sold the show to Warner, they used episode 5 to seal the deal. Thus I'm thinking this series is likely to have a lot more in store for us. Even Lucas stated that he wished he could show us what they are working on now.

So the bottom line is, if you were disappointed in the movie, you should not give up hope with the series to come. It's only going to get better. A lot better.

Source: www.starwars.com
Article: http://www.newsarama.com/tv/080916-clone-wars-weekly-kane.html

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I liked him telling about the studio being told about episode 5 to get the go ahead instead of the ones in the movie. It actually gives me hope for the series being able to keep my attention than the movie did (one word: Doogal!).

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Must one have seen the movie to understand your last statement, Aush?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote  

I googled Doogal and got some stupid looking cartoon dog. Was Doogal the Scottish speaking Sep General?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That was General Whorm Loathsoam. I think it was intended to be the cartoon dog. I except their challenge of seeing the TV shoe 10 times better than the movie. It should be interesting.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The TV shoe? Ah, that sounds interesting. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote  

<ed_sullivan> Tonight we have a really big shoe... </ed_sullivan> Laughing

Yes, it will be interesting to see if they can really produce. But remember, episode 5 is the kicker. That's when things were really coming together. Supposedly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
The TV shoe? Ah, that sounds interesting. Wink

I was a bit excited when I was typing. Laughing TV show, sorry

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1