Corran Horn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re: corran horn
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

PrincessXion wrote:
I like him a lot. I think it's interesting that he can't use the force to lift objects I like he uses his brain instead of the force... but this is weird for a jedi to not lift objects XD

the book about him was really good and funny. the only thing annoying is his "holier than thou" attitude -.-

Yeah he's one of my favorites. But I like his flaws. They make him feel more real. I'm glad they haven't ran with the flaws straight to the DS. They've kept Corran in the light thank the maker!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Corran Horn is awesome, he is one of my favorite SWEU characters. I wrote a post about him and his unique lightsaber.

http://bit.ly/lTRIZo

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote  

It's been a long time since they've mentioned his dual-phase lightsaber it seems like. Would be nice if they brought it back up again, I always thought it was a neat piece of inventiveness.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Wasn't it used in the Horn vs Horn fight in Outcast? You know, when Corran and Valin locked horns...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote  

Well I'm sure Corran used his lightsaber, but I can't remembered if they mentioned it was still dual phase. Possibly...I almost want to say Corran tried to use it to trick his kid, but I can't say for certain.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I know Valin was impressed that the imposter paid a lot of attention to detail, in that he didn't use telekinetic powers, and I'm almost positive (meaning, someone will come along in a day or two to say otherwise) that he did use the dual phase in the fight.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm really missing characters like Corran. I love Luke, Ben, Leia, Jaina, and the rest of the Skywalker family, but it would be nice for to check in with other characters we care about now and again.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I just hope Corran gets to have a hand in redeeming his children.

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I'm really missing characters like Corran. I love Luke, Ben, Leia, Jaina, and the rest of the Skywalker family, but it would be nice for to check in with other characters we care about now and again.

I agree- that's the one thing they dropped with the NJO- all the side characters getting minor to minor lead roles.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Which might very well change post-FotJ when the books go in a stand-alone/trilogy direction. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

It would be a welcome change.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:

I'm re-reading Rogue Squadron and I agree - I really miss the "side stories" that took place in the Bantam novels post-ROTJ. Hopefully we'll get more of that after FotJ is over.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I would be interested in a short story/ stand alone novel about Corran and his time at the Corellian Jedi satellite academy just before LotF.

Jedi, smugglers, Corellians oh my!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

im a huge fan of Corran Horn, even without being able to use TK. i wish they would do a horn family book so we could get a better look at the family dynamic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Corran had some great scenes in Apocalypse. After his inaction in the first half of the series due to his family situation, it was nice to see him get into the action like he did.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I like Corran much better as a Jedi than I did as a pilot. He's more mature as a person: he's less suspicious and less arrogant. He recognized that he was very competitive, and liked to be the best, but it took quite a while for him to learn to be a good team player. There were times when it had to be beaten into him pretty hard. In the early Rogue Squadron novels, he's just too ready to make assumptions about people, and frequently too stubborn to listen when told he's wrong.

His case wasn't helped, for me, by his introduction. I was thrilled when I learned that Bantam had taken my suggestion and produced a book about Wedge and Rogue Squadron. A whole book with Wedge as the central character ! So I bought it, started reading, and instead of Wedge, the POV character was this show-off, Corran Horn. The whole of the first chapter was about this never-heard-of-him-before character who thinks he's a better pilot than almost everyone. He didn't go away either. I wanted more Wedge, but instead we got this hot pilot, pestered by beautiful women, who had a souped-up droid stuffed with useful extra programming that helped him to solve problems for the squadron. Oh, and it turns out he's a potential Jedi.
Fortunately, Corran doesn't always take himself too seriously and can admit to being in the wrong. He still got preferential treatment from Stackpole though, which grates. During the Bacta War, Rogue Squadron distinguished themselves from the NR by giving their X-wings personalized paintjobs. Afterwards, the X-wings are restored to Alliance grey, apart from Corran's. His fighter is still in CorSec colours three years later. Technically, the fighter is Corran's personal property, but the special paintjob still seems less like Corran asserting his individuality, and more like the author shouting 'Hey, this guy's special !"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 3