Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Here we go again.........Rolling Eyes

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, Mr. Favre fan, I've heard he's hinting at retirement again. Not that I believe him, but your favorite QB is a flip-flopper. He needs to learn to be decisive. Neutral

Actually, I think he's just scared to face us in the Dome. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, his major fault is not being decisive. I do understand that. However, the reports coming yesterday were false. He is not hinting at retirement. He has now said that he will return if he is healthy. The ankle that he had to have surgically repaired (the one the Saints hurt ILLEGALLY Mad ) is not healing properly. He should reveal his decision in a week or two, based entirely on the ankle. I don't think Brett Favre is afraid of any football team. He's seen much worse than the Saints, and that Dome is the home of his Superbowl ring. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Now, now...I was just joking about him being afraid of the Saints. Wink

And yes, I did mean that he would be leaving based on his ankle. I didn't specify, but I did hear that it would be because of his ankle. And let's not discuss illegal sacking. Hard hits happen all the time. Illegal ones, especially. So I think teams even out as far as that is concerned. You can't complain about an illegal hit from another team that wasn't called, because odds are that your team did the same at some point. So...you know. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm a fan of the NFL, my family are big Minossota Vikings, In fact i get to go to a game in November Smile, but yea the vikings rock Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, darn. I'm going to be outnumbered! Padme, rally! Even if you're not all the interested. Pretend! I need reinforcements. Neutral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Huh? What we talkin' about? *reads previous posts* Ah, I see. *clears throat* Favre and the Vikings should fear the Dome!!!!! For it is there that all other football teams shall be utterly crushed! Bow before the mighty power of Brees and the Saints!!!!!!!

There, Mara, was that sufficient? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmm...there's some strong language in there. May incite quite the retaliation. But...other than that, excellent job! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey, you said to rally, I rallied. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Touchè. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Geaux Saints! Very Happy

Alright, after last night's initial disappointment at the pitifulness of the final score, I have since regained excitement and appreciation for last night's game. Having reviewed the plays several times, I must say our team as a whole looked great! Defense, for the most part, was doing an excellent job, Thomas was much more effective than I've seen him in a long time, Bush was back to his on again/off again effectiveness, Drew looked superb, and only a few of the members seemed to have a bad night.

Hartley, obviously, was having major issues with the field goals, something I'm extremely disappointed in. I suppose we can't all have our good days, but...the kid's a very good player. Something was definitely up last night as far as mental preparation was concerned. The receivers were also slightly disappointing with their inability to hang onto the ball in a few crucial plays. While we did end up winning the game, these plays could have easily lost us the game if the Vikings hadn't been having such a bad night themselves (sorry, Austin, no offense).

Our first drive was to die for. It happened so fast and so beautifully that I barely had time to breathe or even register what had happened. It was absolutely gorgeous. Although we seemed to fizzle slightly from that point on.

However, all this aside, Drew Brees is the man! His passes had me frozen into stunned silence most of the game. There was one point where he dropped back to pass, then simply let his arms fall, as it was apparent that no one was within a mile of him! I'd never seen that before in a game, and it was absolutely hilarious! It's like he simply abandoned his ready stance, since there was no need for it, to instead focus on who to pass to. So I was not disappointed in him in the least. His performance was stellar. No Madden Curse touched that boy. Not last night, at least. Wink

@Austin's comment that the challenged call was actually a completed pass, I personally think it was incomplete. And you know how the rules are. After a call is made, there must be indisputable evidence to overturn it, of which there was none. And myself, I could point out the ridiculously obvious facemask grab at one point in the game that wasn't even called. I don't remember the players involved, but I'm sure I could find it. They replayed it onscreen, but there was no call on it. And it was one of the most obvious facemask grabs I have ever seen. So...the refs aren't always going to get it right. But that works for and against both teams. So...just saying. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've moved past this game and am trying not to analyze it. The only thing I want to comment on is that the Vikings played that new formation, with the Shank in the backfield to give Favre extra protection, and that worked well. On the Favre INT, it was one of the few times he was under pressure. So hopefully we can continue to protect him against everyone, because his body is too old to be running and escaping tackles like he used to.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You're right, they did protect Favre well, I was impressed with that. And they didn't have homefield advantage. Hey, you have to look for the silver linings. It's okay, there will be other games. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

All your hopes for the upcoming season are moot as I do believe our coach Mr. belicheck has figured out how to better camouflage the extra cameras.

Go Patriots!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*blink, blink* I don't know if you meant that to be funny, but...Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 12 of 17