Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Throughly disgusted by the media coverage surrounding the Penn State scandal.

Yes, if the man did what he did, he should be punished. If the others who were accused of covering it up did so, they should be punished as well.

But does it need to be splashed all over the news? Good Lord!

I know it is ridiculous! I watch sportscenter religiously, but i havent been able to stomach it the past couple days because of that stupid scandal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How about the Saints, eh? Down with the Dirty Birds. Twisted Evil

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
How about the Saints, eh? Down with the Dirty Birds. Twisted Evil

I found the Falcons going for it on fourth down on their own thirty yard line in overtime to be amusing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Was that not amusing? Although, granted, our defense had been playing well, but not stellar, and they had a very good chance of making it. The dumb thing was WHERE they tried it from. Really? The 30 yard line? Even if you do make it, you still have to march down the field. And if you don't, well...you lose. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The reward doesn't justify the risk.

It also sends a message to the Falcons defense that the coach thinks you suck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think the brilliance was on Payton's part. Although I may be giving him credit for something he didn't intend, but the man is smart.

By calling that timeout, he gave Mike Smith time to work up the courage to go for it, even though it was a bad idea. You know how when given enough time, you'll convince yourself against your better judgment? I think that's what happened here. And if that was Payton's intention, well...we have the best coach ever. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Homer. lol

Edit: Incidentally I have ESPN on in the background and Trey Wingo just said that Gregg Williams called the timeout to make sure he had the right defense to prevent a fourth down attempt.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Homer. lol

Totally. Wink

Crash Override wrote:
Edit: Incidentally I have ESPN on in the background and Trey Wingo just said that Gregg Williams called the timeout to make sure he had the right defense to prevent a fourth down attempt.

Ah, well...sadly there goes my theory. And to be honest, I will be the first to admit that I was upset. The way they'd been with the running game yesterday against out defense, I was expecting them to make it. But worked out for us. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Enjoy this picture:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I am currently attempting to decipher your code, Mara and Crash - for those posts made absolutely no sense to me, whatsoever, so they must be in code. Unfortunately, the best of my attempts so far have provided odd results: 'payton plays tutu wearing monkey'. I'm presuming that's not what you're saying?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Anyone else jut think that Tim Tebow is amazing???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Um...in all honesty, no. He may play well all around, but the boy is not a good QB. Okay, so he can run. Yay! But can he pass? Not so much. And that is what a QB is. As soon as the defense in the NFL figures him out, he'll be done. Right now he's something new, so it's a big deal. But the whole point of a QB is that he passes the ball.

And if you can't do that, then why are you in that position? The Broncos need a QB that can throw the ball. Eventually, when the new QB smell wears off, I believe they're going to be in trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

No i agree he needs a lot of work. I just find watching him right now really fun. Another comeback win in the fourth quarter last night? Amazing! I also have him on my fantasy team so i might be a little biased Razz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Broncos option offense is going to be just like the Dolphins wildcat offense. And the Dolphins don't run that anymore for a reason.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I had Tim Tebow in my Fantasy Football team. After his recent performance, OMB requested a transfer, which I accepted. Had I known he had had a good week, last week, I would have refused. Too late now Rolling Eyes .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 14 of 17