The Mando Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I feel you there, Whill. I'm a sucker for all things Mando/Clone. So I can never wait to read the stuff by Traviss. I was always skipping ahead myself, though I usually just gave things away for myself. As for the humor, that's definitely one of the best parts. I can't help but laugh at the dry yet hysterical humor of the Commandos. Makes me smile every time. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The Mandos are cool, but I get a bit bored with them. That's why I limit my reading of Traviss's books.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Really? Sometimes I just don't understand human behaviour...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote  

I wonder why the Mandalorians don't make war droids anymore? I mean, they built the basilisk war droids and seemed to really like the things, and now that they've got production going on with the bes'uliiks, there isn't a whole lot of reasons for them not to.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I wonder why the Mandalorians don't make war droids anymore? I mean, they built the basilisk war droids and seemed to really like the things, and now that they've got production going on with the bes'uliiks, there isn't a whole lot of reasons for them not to.

Maybe the Clone Wars settled the war-droid thing for them. Or maybe those things are just too blasted expensive! Razz I mean, they are recovering from the 'Vong bombardment. Times are tough on Mandalore! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Or maybe they'd just rather kick tail themselves.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
Or maybe they'd just rather kick tail themselves.

Indeed, usually more satifying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote  

I've brought this up elsewhere, so I decided to bring it here for debate.

In my opinion, Cad Bane is better than Jango Fett.

So, let me state my reasons...
1. Jango Fett got his head cut off by a Jedi. Cad Bane is still alive.
2. Jango Fett was not a team player, but a solo hunter. Cad runs with a pack and knows how to handle a team. There is strength in numbers.
3. Cad Bane took over the entire Galactic Senate building with the Chancellor and several senators inside with just eight people, including himself (of course four of those were droids).
4. Cad and his bunch were able to take down the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy in combat: Anakin Skywalker. In comparison Jango did surround and get Anakin to surrender on Geonosis, but this fails in comparison.

Those are the facts. Now for my opinions.

* I think Cad is smarter than Jango. Not only does he see the common sense of not working alone, but he also is very adept at thinking ahead and planning. Cad engineered how to take over the Senate building and bully the Chancellor, the Dark Lord himself, into giving in to his demands. He was also very quick at recognizing Anakin which shows that he knows his opponents. (though I guess Anakin could be the galactic war hero by now)

Now let the war begin. Who do you think is better?

Cad Bane or Jango Fett?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
1. Jango Fett got his head cut off by a Jedi. Cad Bane is still alive.

There is still plenty of time, but I believe Cad Bane will bite it in the second season. Plus, it was Mace Windu who cut Jango's head off, and that is not a bad way to go considering all things.

Quote:
2. Jango Fett was not a team player, but a solo hunter. Cad runs with a pack and knows how to handle a team. There is strength in numbers.

Well, Jango does hire people like in ep.2. Plus he has his Boba helping him out as well. Not anywhere near Cad Bane's level of teamwork, but oh well. Also, bounty hunters are always stabbing each other in the back, so it a risk to have big numbers of them. Luckily Cad Bane seems capable of leading them.

Quote:
3. Cad Bane took over the entire Galactic Senate building with the Chancellor and several senators inside with just eight people, including himself (of course four of those were droids).

Actually, I think it was only one wing of the building. I am almost positive that is what he said during the show. Correct me if I am wrong. Plus, there seemed to be nearly no resistance.

Quote:
4. Cad and his bunch were able to take down the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy in combat: Anakin Skywalker. In comparison Jango did surround and get Anakin to surrender on Geonosis, but this fails in comparison.

Actually, was Anakin really the most powerful in jedi combat at this time? I mean he got beaten by Obi Wan in ep.3. And also Anakin had no lightsaber when Cad Bane's group took him down. Thats not so special in my opinion.

That being said I do believe Cad Bane has proven to be a better bounty hunter. So far at least. I will make a more complete judgement after catching him in action some more. Jango is definetly more my style, though Cad Bane is one of my favorites for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Actually, was Anakin really the most powerful in jedi combat at this time? I mean he got beaten by Obi Wan in ep.3. And also Anakin had no lightsaber when Cad Bane's group took him down.

No, I don't think he was. Also, he didn't have his lightsaber when Jango captured him either.

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote  

Whose Jengo? Is that like Jenga? Laughing

First off, I sincerely hope Cad Bane will not become cannon fodder...or should I say 'lightsaber fodder.' I'd like to see him become a recurring character. Maybe he can make a devious badguy escape like Grievous.

Secondly, I think they did take over the entire Senate building. That is what Filoni said in the commentary vid, though he may have overstated, but also recall that Bane blew up the east wing where he was keeping the Senators while the entire building was under lock down. Recall even Palps was trapped in his office, where ever that's located. Of course it's not like the bounty hunters killed all or half the Senate guards in their take over. All they had to do was fight their way in and lock the place down. Though it did seem like the place was underguarded. That makes me wonder just how many guards are actually in the Senate building.

As for Anakin being the greatest Jedi, that's more of a booster in my support of Bane Wink I'm not really sure where we are time wise as to Anakin's development. I'd say he was at his light side peak when he faced Dooku. By looking at that duel you can infer that Anakin may have actually been better than Obi-Wan. In my opinion, one of the factors against Anakin in his dual against Obi-Wan on Mustafar was that he was beginning to make his way down the path of the darkside. He wasn't fully there yet, thus he was weaker than what he could have been, and definitely weaker than he was when facing Dooku. But that's my opinion.

And lightsaber or no lightsaber, a Jedi should be just as deadly cause they have the Force. If Anakin is that reliant on his weapon to be of any use, then he is a pathetic Jedi.

My real arguments for Cad Bane would still stand at his intelligence and teamwork skills, actually more like management skills. Alas we only have one episode and a brief online comic by which to judge him so everything could easily change.

Here's hoping it only gets better

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

In an interview with Karen Traviss, she was talking about how she created the Mandalorian language. And she said the only problem was that Jango and Boba never speak to each other in Mandalorian in AotC, but in Huttese. Which is correct. But then she said that she had a big retcon coming up (the interview is a bit old) in LotF that would fix that. Anybody know what she's talking about? Because, as I've previously stated, I have a horrible memory. So I can't remember anything in what I would assume was Revelation pertaining to that. Thought maybe somebody else could. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote  

You're going to force me to read that book again just to solve this riddle. Off hand, I haven't a clue. I wonder why Jango would teach Boba Huttese but not Mando'a?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Do you mean when it was explained that the Mando's were trilingual?

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Um...I dunno, but I'm assuming that would probably be it. Do you remember where that was at? Cause it's not ringing a bell, and I'm curious to go back and refresh. Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 5 of 7