the Dark Brotherhood or the One Sith

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Dark Brotherhood or the One Sith
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Which is the better way of runing the sith empire?
state your reasons as well

or if you think that the rule of two is better

Last edited by SSGT Twitch Baatir on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

From a general understanding I have for both, the Brotherhood (Lord Kaan) and the One Sith (Darth Krayt) don't seem all that different. They both raise armies with many, many Sith and that can do more harm than good. Since Sith philosophy a majority of the time aims at promoting the self through competition with other Sith, your army doesn't run very long. Darth Bane's rule of two has been the only one to be very, very effective when it comes to pushing the Jedi back and brining "peace" to the galaxy (Krayt would be in second but I haven't read Legacy since #7 and don't know if they went in more detail with how Krayt more thoroughly came to power.)

So, Brotherhood of Darkness vs One Sith...One Sith has been a lot more effective so maybe they're way of running things is better. However, I don't enjoy the Legacy series so don't read it and am lacking in more details besides who caused more damage to the Jedi and ruled more of the galaxy.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The One Sith succeeded in taking over the galaxy and have ruled it for seven years, but then Kaan would have taken over without Bane, so... I think they are pretty equal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

right on all fronts there but the rule of two brought the sith out in the open again which made them vulnerable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Any group in the open is vulnerable, but if you stay too hidden, you won't get anything you wish done. And for Krayt, I'm under the impression that there are still regions of space that aren't under his rule yet that were under the rule of the Galactic Empire, but that was a couple years ago now, so maybe things have changed. Yet another reason this storyline doesn't spawn much interest for me. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

he has a lot more in fighting to deal with than the emperor did thou.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

SSGT Twitch Baatir wrote:
he has a lot more in fighting to deal with than the emperor did thou.

Maybe because the Emperor did a lot better job of taking out all his enemies before coming to power

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

thats true

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quote  

I prefer the Old Sith Empire hierarchy. A council of Sith Lords ruled by the Dark Lord of the Sith, all of whom run the Sith Empire. Both the One Sith and Kaan's brotherhood reflect this. Kaan tried to make his seem more equal by making everyone Sith Lords, thus a larger council, but he was still the primary leader or the Order. Krayt, on the other hand, doesn't have a council but instead has several trusted aides.

I'd have to go with Krayt's version over the Brotherhood simply due to success. Kaan decimated the Order in a long, grueling, drawn out fight against the Army of Light. Krayt however was able to score several quick strategic victories which have allowed him to coast along with the upper hand. His consolation of power enables greater control and focus for his Order.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

True Skuldren, but couldn't that also have been a difference in their individual abilities in war strategy and coordination?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote  

Yeah. I prefer Krayt over Kaan as far as a military leader goes. Still, I think their Orders are a reflection of themselves too some extent as well. Kaan's Brotherhood is like democracy but it's in hard times and the president has been given extraordinary powers. Whereas Krayt is a straight up monarch with absolute power. The One Sith is only as good as their current leader. The Brotherhood's success is more dependent on the group of Sith Lords as a whole working together in purpose, and the leadership they embrace. They can afford to have either one go bad and still make it through, but if both fail, then the system collapses. Thus in that regard, the Brotherhood is superior.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1