relationships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
I quick follow-up....
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Another back story and then I have scout stuff to do,

When I was in high school, I was the guy all the girls came to for advice. I was also the guy who never payed attention to the girls that "liked me" and ran after the wrong girls that didn't "like-like" me - do you get it?

If a relationship is meant to be, it will happen. If you force one, you may lose a good thing or it could save a big headache down the road. And if I keep dishing out advice like this, I need my own column entitled 'Uncle Kal's Words of Wisdom" or "Uncle Kal's Love Line."

This is your Uncle Kal signing off with GET OUT AND VOTE!!!! REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU WANT!!

P.S. One last piece of advice, if your parents have an opinion about a relationship, that's great but unless you are doing something really $tupid and they have proof that it's really dumb, don't let them break you up. Sometimes, time or something else could solve that problem for them. They need to chill out, but please don't turn to them and say that to their face, they are still your parents and I don't want phone calls. Smile If I get one call, I will find you, I have clones that are very resourceful. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I fear your clones Kal! But yeah, that sounds a lot like my own high school career. I've watched friends force relationships and it does nothing but destroy both the relationship and the friendship. Its also damaging to some of your friends. I'm with you, if its meant to happen it will.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My parents did not approve of my relationship it all because I have to admit it was really bad and I was in a big mess. I mean I just wasn't myself and I admit I was changing, I got into bad stuff and really got into sex. So in this instance I really should have listened to my parents and not my significant other.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Re; Anakinlover89
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

There are times when parents see things that you can't and sometimes it's hard to admit that your folks where right. But from the sound of it, your parents did what every parent sometimes needs to come to grips with, the child may need to "fall" and learn from the mistake. It's very hard to watch it happen and a parent doesn't want to see failure like that especially involving their own child.

From what you wrote, you now see where you were at that time and have learned from it. You now know what to look out for the next time around. Just remember that if it does not feel right to you, stop and think. Don't go with the flow. You have options other then what you get into but just remember that sometimes a situation may hard to get of.

Uncle Kal's words of wisdom signing off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thanks for the advice it seems that I did have to learn it the hard way because I wouldn't have listened to my parents anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quote:
And if I keep dishing out advice like this, I need my own column entitled 'Uncle Kal's Words of Wisdom" or "Uncle Kal's Love Line."

hey, you could probably pick up some extra money, and save a few people Wink Razz

but honestly, your advice is probably the best. i see most of my friends, who are wanting to go out with people simply to be in a relationship. they've gotten to be rather self absorbed, to the point i can't stand them. then i have my other friends who either think no one is good enough, or who simply hate the idea of anything romantic.

and, as per request of my GF, i will not say anything about her. that's a big no-no. i went to ask a friend of mine (online friend) for some advice about something she had said. stupid me, using deviantart as a message center, forgets we were talking on a comment page and not on a private email ><

I had a great laugh at this - hahahahaha
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Re kamenkewl

Quote:
hey, you could probably pick up some extra money, and save a few people

I could use the money about now Smile But I"m not a Doctor Drew (BTW - for those who know him - I grew up listening to him out here on the World Famous KROQ - 106.7 Pasadena / Los Angeles K-R-O-Q ) Smile

Thanks for the advice kamenkewl. If did a forum like that here on the site, I'd have to run it by the guys first. But the main requirement for it to work, any problem has to somehow, someway have a Star Wars tilt to it. Kinda get the idea????

Gotta Go - I have to run to my den meeting so anyone who needs advise, you'll have to wait a bit.

Scout Leader Kal signing off Laughing
Daaaaaaaa Bearssssssss Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Kal Skirta's Meditation Chamber - come recieve advice from a master!

Hey, just throwing it out there. Your advice seems to be completely applicable to life and it sounds like you've achieved mastery in relationships (you're married with kids, maybe that doesn't qualify you as master, but it sets you ahead of the rest of us kids!). Seriously, not a bad idea. Run it by and see if you can do this. That is, if you feel like giving advice to a bunch of young people who could benefit from your vast wisdom Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quote  

Well since the screen name is Kal Skirata the thread could be all in mando'a. It would keep it Star Wars themed and fit the screen name

As for me I'm still keeping my eyes open for girls that might want to date me. Last girl I tried to ask out didn't work out so well. I asked her if she'd like to have dinner on campus and now she isn't returning any e-mails or anything (we're not in any class and randomly met when we had to do work for the same professor). Kinda bums me out too cause we seemed to have a lot in common to talk about and I thought we were getting along as friends.

I'm just wondering for those of you who have been or are in college have I completely missed something and having dinner together on campus is a big deal? I always thought that as far as dating goes it feel into the category of not-super-serious-date (unlike say a romantic candle light dinner somewhere off campus). Sometimes I really wonder if I missed a memo on dating...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know just what you're talking about. It seems like They had a meeting about this kind of thing and I missed it. Keep meeting people, keep talking to new people, and eventually it'll happen. Maybe this girl just wasn't looking for anything right now and she's not sure how to handle your advances. Who knows, sometimes the female mind confuses me. No offense to any women on here, it just does.

Re: Caedus_16
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Amen brother!!! Smile Wait till you get married, add in a Mother and Great Grandmother In Law and then you have a daughter. Thank God I had a son but "we" are still out numbered. Now add in a female dog with two females cats - and one psycho Cody - that's 7 to 3 - OUCH!!! If this were a football game in the game of life (which I am the only one that watches sports here) my Seahawks lost again by just kicking a field goal. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!! (don't get me started on this - it hurts)

A Verpine rifle wouldn't help me.

Signed, your Uncle Kal Cool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry bout your 'Hawks Kal. I'm an Oakland fan myself so I'm starting to get used to watching my team lose. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

LoL...nah but wat confuses me sometimes...and its small I admit....
When I open the door fr that special someone...she gets all bity...I mean I was just being nice Rolling Eyes .....but No I was being a Male Confused .....argghh....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm gonna get a lot of crap for saying this but I think the feminist movement killed chivalry and wherever it shows back up its looked at a chauvanism. I've been whined at for opening doors for women and all I was doing was trying to be nice. The next time I let her open her own door and she said "wow, what a gentleman" in a sarcastic tone. Sometimes you just can't win.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, here's the thing. I don't like being treated like girls can't do anything guys can do. Because, other than the fact that ya'll are built stronger (that's just the way it is), we can do most things you can. Ya'll may be able to do it better (if strength is a consideration), but we can still do it. For instance, I really enjoy paintballing. When we used to live on 22 acres, I cut the 5 cleared acres of grass and bushhogged much of the rest every summer. I can work on a car and am majoring in computer science.

However...I would enjoy a guy opening a door for me or waiting on me in some way. It makes me feel special, for one thing.

Soooo...for those girls that get annoyed when you guys open the door...I think they should get over it. Not sure that'll make you feel any better, but I congratulate you on acting like a gentleman. Personally, I quite admire it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 10