relationships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

just a thought but if they get mad at you for that, then their most likey not for you.

Oya manda vod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha...Ive gone through the path where I used to get sooo angry when a girl beat me....There was this girl who used to reaaaaly pwn me in Jedi Academy(Online)....that was like waaay back in grade 6...and I learned it the hard way to respect'em....cuz earlier on I had reaaaly picked on her...and she sure made me bite my tounge....ouch...
______________________________--
And thnx MAra...glad to know 'someone' appreciates it=p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

[quote="SSGT Twitch Baatir"]just a thought but if they get mad at you for that, then their most likey not for you.

Nah...I've been with her fr like 5 years.....soooo...I actually thought all of em were like that=p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Okay - how to treat a woman.
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Quote:
When I open the door fr that special someone...she gets all bity...I mean I was just being nice .....but No I was being a Male

My opinion (and it's all mine),

1) if a woman has a fit when you open a door for her - next time it happens, you go through first and let go of the door. When it hits her, she's not to one for you because she's all talk with no action to back it up.

2) Hey, don't get mad if a woman beats you. If you where a Mando'a male, would you really want to take on a Mando female??

3) Just be yourself. If you are a gentleman to a woman and she doesn't like it then she's not for you. BUT, be careful that she doesn't take advantage of it - like 'Honey, could you hold my purse while I go and try on this outfit?" or anything else along those lines. NEVER be caught in a store holding a woman's purse. Well only if it where someplace like Victoria Secret (this comment was put here only for the comedy and does not suggest that your Uncle Kal hangs out in places like that - signed your Uncle Kal ) Laughing

4) Sometimes you have to realize that some women like the Bad Boy image and being a gentleman may (to them) show a sign of weakness. Their wrong but there is nothing you can do about it.

You need to find that common ground between a Bad Boy AND and a Gentlemen. But date like crazy, don't get tied down to one girl (or guy). Heck try the three dates in one day.

And I need to put a disclaimer here: Most of the comments above are for the college set. For those of you in high school on down - what are you thinking about dating for???? Get good grades! Study like crazy! Play that sport and be a star to get that scholarship to go to college. Dating should not happen until you're a least 35, then you can date Laughing

When you get married one day believe me, you still don't figure them out.

This is Doctor Kal signing off, for now. Smile (That will 100 Republic Credits and don't try the Jedi Mind trick thing on me cuz it won't work). Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote...

Quote:
I really enjoy paintballing. When we used to live on 22 acres, I cut the 5 cleared acres of grass and bushhogged much of the rest every summer. I can work on a car and am majoring in computer science.

I like that. Its pretty cool. I agree with you that women can do everything a man can do. Its the ones who overdo it that drive me nute. Also...

Quote:
I would enjoy a guy opening a door for me or waiting on me in some way. It makes me feel special, for one thing.

I like that to. That's why I do that kind of stuff at least. I do it for most of my female friends just because that's how I was raised, I think its polite, and I see nothing wrong with it, but I also wait on a girl a little more (not to the point of being whipped, but more) because I want her to feel special. I do have one question for you Mara.

Why do women like jerks? I've asked many different women this and they all agree that its a problem most women have but they have no answer. I was just wondering.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
I'm gonna get a lot of crap for saying this but I think the feminist movement killed chivalry and wherever it shows back up its looked at a chauvanism. I've been whined at for opening doors for women and all I was doing was trying to be nice. The next time I let her open her own door and she said "wow, what a gentleman" in a sarcastic tone. Sometimes you just can't win.

tell me about it. i do my best, but, as you said, sometimes you just can't win. at least most of my friends appreciate it when i hold doors and stuff (except for one of my friends, but, honestly, i think she kinda wishes she could be a guy Razz )

all in all, mondern times killed chivalry, and feminism has come in a finished off the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's a big difference between a female equal (which any female can be) and a feminist. A female equal is simply that. Its just a woman. Intelligent, working, cool women. Feminists are those who take any sign of chivalry or being under a male as an insult. If they work for a man, its because of the glass ceiling and not because they haven't had the education that that guy might've. If they have a man open a door for them its because us evil men are keeping them in a cage and not letting them express themselves by opening that door. I think women are equal to men, but its the ones that don't want equality, they want to complain, those are the ones that drive me nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

exactly, the one's who think that they are far superior to guys, and that men should be seen as clueless, muscle-headed idiots. okay, no very good description, but i'm sick right now, so, yeah ^^'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote  

Quote:
I know just what you're talking about. It seems like They had a meeting about this kind of thing and I missed it. Keep meeting people, keep talking to new people, and eventually it'll happen. Maybe this girl just wasn't looking for anything right now and she's not sure how to handle your advances. Who knows, sometimes the female mind confuses me. No offense to any women on here, it just does.

Yeah I figured that it must be something like that. I just figured it is better to find out now instead of later. I'd rather be told "no" up front than date a girl only to find out she is barely interested in even dating much less a relationship.

There is a favorite Blondie cartoon of mine where Dagwood's son Alexander goes up to him and says "Dad I have a question. Why do women..." at which point Dagwood cuts him off and says "I don't know."

Quote:
all in all, mondern times killed chivalry, and feminism has come in a finished off the rest.

I agree. chivalry seems to be dead. What I always find perplexing though is how it seems like a lot of girls are attracted to guys who treat them like crap. Meanwhile you open a door for them and get crucified for it.

Just something else I've observed but why is it that girls will freely say "I love you" to just about anyone and hug friends to say goodbye but if a guy does the same thing in a similar context they can get in loads of trouble for it?

For example, the first girl who hugged me did so on two separate occasions but when I tried to hug her ONCE she got really PO'd and the next time I saw her she had a laundry list of things that I had done that upset her, one of which was all the times I had hugged her (yes she blamed me for the two hugs she had initiated)! Note I was just her friend, and we weren't dating (she was dating another guy though). I understand now that guys aren't supposed to initiate hugs unless it is with a girl they are dating but it still seems like her reaction was over the top. In my defense I had literally no idea what the rules were for dating never having gone on a date yet. So it was a mistake made out of ignorance, not because I was a sick weirdo.

thank you though Mara Jade for proving that there are at least some girls out there who don't take offense at a guy trying to be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I think we can all be grateful to Mara on that one. But yeah Salaris, I know what you mean there to. I think the meeting we missed must've had rulebooks handed out so we probably didn't get those either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quote:
I agree. chivalry seems to be dead. What I always find perplexing though is how it seems like a lot of girls are attracted to guys who treat them like crap. Meanwhile you open a door for them and get crucified for it.

answer that and you'll have solved one of the universes greatest mysteries -_-'
i guess it's just true, nice guys do finish last.

Quote:
Just something else I've observed but why is it that girls will freely say "I love you" to just about anyone and hug friends to say goodbye but if a guy does the same thing in a similar context they can get in loads of trouble for it?

i know, it makes no sense! one of my friends gets all clingy and stuff to another of her friends, always hugging her and stuff, but i try and give her a hug because i hadn't seen her for two weeks, and she freaks out! it makes no sense whatsoever. -_-'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think I got lucky. Most of my female friends don't really freak out about that kind of stuff. Right now I've been thrown into the friend-zone with one that I'm interested in, but even that hasn't made things awkward between us. Hopefully none of them start to go nuts on me. Something I don't know if I could handle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Kal...cmon....35!!!!!!I mean"sputters"..thats not fair...35 is like half of my life gone by=c....
I think once u think ur mature enough....ur gud to go......and abt dating lots and lots of girls...urmmm....I thought it was all abt commitment=p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

35 may be a little old. As to the dating lots of girls thing, you need to get to know a lot of people. Commitment isn't worth it if you aren't compatible, and to find what you are compatible with and what you like you may have to date a lot of people. Make them day dates or something. Nothing serious, just lunch or coffee or somthing. Friendly things at first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha..then I'll just run in to the ageless dillema...I get confused and cant be myself when arnd girls...as in other than my gf....or the usuall frnds....)))))IM happy with wat ive got Cool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 4 of 10