relationships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote  

I'm gonna have to go with showing the Original Trilogy first. The space battles I think more than make up for the lack of lightsaber fighting. I'd also go with the Original Trilogy because in our current movie era everyone seems to expect only the most high tech graphics.

My opinion is that it would be better to see the Original Trilogy first because then there won't be a let down when the special effects don't live up to the same "grand scale" of the Prequels.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

well the starfighter battles are great in 4 but the lightsaber is better in 2 and 3.

but we are having prolems so its not going to last....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote  

On Monday I e-mailed a girl I've known since sophomore year of college. Since I haven't seen her in about a month I wanted to say hi and also see if she would react positively to me getting back in touch with her. I've always liked her and had considered asking her out several times before but never had the courage to do so. If I hadn't been dating another girl at the start of the semester chances are I would have finally had the courage to ask her out too (when I saw her again for the first time this semester part of me almost wished I wasn't dating anyone so I could ask her out). I've been hoping that if she reacted positively I would get a chance to see her again and if I was lucky things might start moving in a direction where we could start dating.

So far she hasn't gotten back to me though. I understand there are a whole lot of reasons why she wouldn't get back to me. For one thing I wouldn't fault her if she hasn't gotten back to me because she thinks I'm a jerk for taking so long to try to get in touch with her again (I would agree with that assessment). I just keep having this awful feeling that if I had asked her out at the start of the semester she would have said yes and that's making me feel real lousy because I finally have the courage to ask her out if I got the chance but it seems that if I ever had the chance it was at a time when I couldn't ask her out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ouch. thats an aweful feeling. thinking things might've worked out if you hadn't taken so long, or been so nervous. i know what it's like Sad

i feel really bad right now myself. i'm going out with the someone, and i really like her and care about her. and she really likes me too. but i'm mad at myself, because even though i'm going out with someone, i still love another of my friends...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

yeah i've got that too and it sucks cause the girl i love said we could never date agian and i think she is dateing the other girl i love...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:11 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Seems to be a lot of unlucky people on this board. I'm a total "geek", but I've been married ten years and have a three year old son.

My advice to why I've lasted so long is that you have to have your own lives outside of each other. When i was younger i had a girlfriend that did everything with me (to the point that she wanted to come with me to work as well Shocked ) and it fell apart because we were on top of each other all the time (no pun intended!). with my wife, we do lots of stuff together, but we also have our own interests (for instance, she hates Star Wars, although i have managed to get my son watching it, being as he's only three i think its more the flashing lights and stuff he likes tho...) Also, we worked out our own way of dealing with when we argue, so that instead of just shouting at each other which achieves nothing, I tend to go for a walk so we can both cool down and talk about the problem properly later on.

Not sure why, but I've been fairly fortunate in my love life (have pretty much constantly been in a relationship since i was 14). Possibly because here in England geeks aren't as ostracized as over in America (don't know for sure, just from what i gather) or at least weren't when I was younger, starting to get that way though, as England tries harder and harder to join the States.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My relationship is still really complicated my ex girlfriend and I just keep running into each other at campus and it just seems like we can't break off the relationship.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It just takes time. Getting over someone isn't easy when they're everywhere, but it is possible. Trust me on that one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I know it takes awhile it's just annoying, like I still have feelings for her and when I see her everything just goes back to the way were when we were together.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i know the feeling

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well I have a new gf and everything seems to be great, hopefully all of you will have better luck when it comes to finding someone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i think i am the girl im now dating is great Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote  

Anakinlover89 wrote:
Well I have a new gf and everything seems to be great, hopefully all of you will have better luck when it comes to finding someone.

Congratulations, I hope the great times continue for you!

I've still got my fingers crossed that my luck will change, but I figure nothing will happen until next semester starts (finals week isn't exactly the best time to try to get a relationship going since everyone is stressed out of their minds and all). But who knows it is the season for miracles (as the holiday cliche goes).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I've still got my fingers crossed that my luck will change, but I figure nothing will happen until next semester starts (finals week isn't exactly the best time to try to get a relationship going since everyone is stressed out of their minds and all). But who knows it is the season for miracles (as the holiday cliche goes).

Same here Salaris. Good luck to you and hopefully cliches can happen in reality (it'd be welcome here to).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ok, so I have a dilemma . . .

I have a friend (guy) who's two years older than me. We've been friends, but starting a few months ago, we got really close. We hung out all the time and did everything together. Now, he's a clingy person by nature, so when he'd give me hugs and sometimes even cuddle up close to me when we were sleeping together, I didn't think much of it. Then one day when he's in the shower, I started looking through his text messages (not the most polite thing to do, but anyway . . .). He was texting a fortune teller, and he mentioned me, then the fortune teller asked how long he'd loved me . . . he said since a few months ago. The fortune teller told him a relationship could be possible in the near future. Now he's said he's not gay, but that he wouldn't tell people if he was.

So yeah . . . I'm not sure what to do.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 10