Military Surplus

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Military Surplus
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote  

So I'm sure most people have visited a military surplus store once in their lives. I've always found military surplus to be cheap but decently made goods, and very useful for finding equipment for outdoor activities.

Now where I live we used to have a military surplus store but it closed down at least 5 years ago. Now the only nearest store is about 45 minutes away, and with gas being 3 dollars or more a gallon its not really worth the trip.

So I've been on a quest for some time to find online stores that sell military surplus (not just knockoffs of the real thing). Thus far the only website that looks somewhat promising is this one http://www.armynavydeals.com/default.asp

But I'm continuing my search for other sites, which got me to thinking perhaps other people on the forums might be interested in online military surplus stores or are possibly even on a similar quest to mine. Anyway I thought I'd create a thread so people can discuss good military surplus websites they've found, and help others find a website that sells to their location in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

you know what, you just gave me an idea! some of the stuff that they might have at the old surplus base would probably make a great rebel pilot costume! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote  

glad to have been of service then. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the orange jumpsuits they use based off of the U.S. Navy jumpsuits from the 1950s?

Good luck with creating your Halloween costume!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

We have one around here somewhere...I've only been there once. Got an army jacket and some pants. My friend bought one as well and found money in the pocket when he got home. Not fair. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote  

I've always loved military surplus. I have quite a bit. I usually can pick stuff up at yard sales, flea markets, second hand stores, ebay, and surplus stores. I've never tried looking for an online surplus store though. Good luck.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have one fairly close by. It's kind of weird all the stuff they sell.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1