Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
His end is not drawing near. He hasn't even reached his full potential. This is only the beginning...

Okay, the beginning of his "glorious" time as a Sith. However, in my eyes, his greatest moment was when he faced Omini because he became the Force and the Force became him. When any Force sensitive hits that pinnacle, then they've hit the top. But maybe he'll hit it again but as a Sith. I doubt it since he only is falling through his reasoning. Mass murder for the greater good? Doesn't sound like a positive direction to continue and hit that pinnacle again....

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't think he'll hit that high point again, but I still think he has so much more he could do as a Sith. The authors didn't develop him enough for my taste. If he survives, Stover should write a novel about him . . . Very Happy That would be a good read.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote  

All right, I have a new theory for Caedus' fate. Aush is always comparing Jacen to Ulic Qel-Droma, and for good reason, there are a lot of similarities and parallels. So what if Jacen is redeemed but through the death of Jaina. He kills her and reason finally dawns on him what he's done, what he's succumbed to, and how far he has fallen. It would probably be a worse fate than death for him and everyone else. He would return to the light tortured by his conscience. No one would like him, much, but perhaps for his closest of family, and even then only begrudgingly.

It would be such a sad ending, but fitting for such a long story arch.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Long story arc? It was only half the length of NJO Laughing

Anyway, that's an interesting theory, but I wonder where the Fel in Legacy that looks a lot like Jaina comes from then.... Maybe it won't be the sibling like Ulic killed before he realized the error of his ways, but maybe some other family member. Personally, I hope this is all wrong and no one else close has to perish but we'll see....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote  

Well I've been reading the Tales of the Jedi Volume 2 Omnibus and reading about Ulic has me constantly drawing parallels to Caedus. They both seek out the dark side thinking they can control it and both of them fall victim to its corruption. Both are idealists with lofty, unobtainable goals. They end up causing great pain to the ones they love and even falling to the darkness think they are serving some greater purpose: Ulic = that he can conquer the dark side and defeat it forever, Caedus = that he can use it to bring peace to the galaxy ending war for all time.

We know what happened to Ulic, but what about Caedus' fate? He could simply be killed by Jaina but what further purpose would that server? He could also escape but that would seriously destroy any conclusion to the series. And if he is to be redeemed he must come to terms with himself.

In the old days the Jedi seemed to think the best way to deal with a fallen Jedi was to let them be and deal with it themselves. Eventually they will destroy themselves or come back to the light.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Since Ulic lived long before Jacen/Caedus (both in chronology and in release) you would think Jacen would have paid attention in his history classes and see the parallels later on Smile What's the quote? "Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it" or something like that? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote  

Well it isn't his fault...when he was a kid he was too busy being kidnapped to study history. Laughing Regardless I think Winter would be to blame because she was suppose to teach them. Maybe she didn't have time to venture into ancient Jedi history.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't just blame Winter; Han and Leia are just as guilty because they wanted to help the galaxy instead of raise their kids. Of course, it's selfish to only focus on your kids when others also need the attention but you could say they ignored their kids too much; Luke and Mara never let their son out of their sight and look at what we're stuck with Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I kind of hope he'll survive. They've put way too much into his character development to kill him now. It would be kind of a cop-out. Sad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Killing him would be the easiest thing to do, that's why I'm afraid they are going to go with it. It would end his story, there would be no messy story of finding real redemption and facing the consequences of his actions in future stories. No, Jacen and LotF both could be forgotten and the next novel series could start from a clean slate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote  

Perhaps the most interesting thing is to wonder what his daughter will think of him, especially considering his many possible fates. If he dies she'll grow up a lot like Leia, knowing that her father was a great Jedi but then became someone very evil. If he is redeemed it will be a very new situation. She'll grow up knowing the good daddy and not the bad, yet everyone around her will have known the bad and will probably give here a hard time about it. And if he escapes, will she grow up feeling he deserted her? Will she want to follow in his footsteps or take it upon herself to bring him back or maybe even kill him? Who knows...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I see the same thing happening with Jacen and Allana as what happened with Vader and Luke. It just seems to be the same scenario over and over again. Maybe they should just kick back and go with side character stories for awhile. That way they could avoid repeating themselves over and over again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But I don't think those sell as well as books with Solos and Skywalkers in them, although I like the idea Smile I want some new "Tales of/from" stories like the bounty hunters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For reals. I loved the Tales of the Bounty Hunters book, and the New Republic and Empire ones were good too. I think there is room for things like that. Maybe a 'Tales of the New Jedi Order' book or something like that. Maybe something from the hidden Sith enclave on Korriban. The one under Krayt. Even a 'Tales of the Galactic Alliance Gaurd' as a parallel to the LOTF series would be pretty sweet. Personally, the next thing I want in novel form is either the Plaguis novel or one about Vergere.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Aush wrote:
But I don't think those sell as well as books with Solos and Skywalkers in them, although I like the idea Smile I want some new "Tales of/from" stories like the bounty hunters.

I was actually thinking about a Tales from the New Jedi Order or something like that. Like stories about normal people pitted against the Vong.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 4 of 19