The Debate Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hoping Kal_Skiratas worries wash away...
______________________-
Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls...I dont know...the movie was nice, and reaaly fun and everything, we got to see Harrison Ford in action and everything...but surely it wasnt this summers best.
__________-
Its a sad thing really, (Batman)...Heath Legder wouldve picked up an Oscar if he was alive...but now since hes passed away, some ppl would be like 'oh yeah. he died so they decided to give it to him'...and thats sad...Heath deserves the Oscar without anyone claiming that he got it becuz of a tragedy...The MOVIe WAS DONWRIGHT AMAZING!!!The Dark Knight pwns all...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Re: I'm so glad that this is here.......
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Be careful about that nice juicy bait though, it could turn out to be an Ewok net trap

+1 for the somehow related this to Star Wars, lol.

Quote:
My vote goes for Batman. I dare you to debate it

Ok ok, i will give it a try. How about Forbidden kingdom? Jet Li....... Jackie Chan........ what more do you want?

Ok, that was my favorite movie, but Batman was close second. Very Happy

I have to reply to the bait thing .......
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I was not laying bait folks Smile hahahahaha If I had.......... I would have made sure that I had a bobber attached with a nice, fat, juicy night crawler stuck on an easy to latch onto hook. Smile That is how I go about fishin.

BTW - Summer movies is an excellent topic. Why you ask? I only saw, Get Smart, Clone Wars, and Indiana Jones. I guess the debate forum is safe from me.

For now. Laughing

Good Night ....... and Good Luck

P.S. Thanks for the well wishes. BTW, one day I'll send you all a link to a comic I wrote during the summer that might explain all this. After all this settles down.

Good Night ....... from your Uncle Kal Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay. This was supposed to be for all debates, including SW if you wanted to, but mainly real life things. I may have put it into the wrong forum, but, as we've already started, I'll let it stay here.

So, Top Summer Movies.

The Dark Knight was the best. What can even challenge it? Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I suppose I'll stay out of this, seeing as I only saw Prince Caspian in theaters this summer, but perhaps after I've seen them all on DVD, I'll voice an opinion. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Tyler Perrys The family That Preys........another reaaly nice film,....but I still stand by Tropic Thunder!!!!!!!...it isnt easy to make a comedy...especially one that doesnt use too many cheap jokes and isnt centered around some High-schoolers=p.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It also isn't easy to make a good superhero movie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sometimes i think that is due to the ridiculous outfits superheroes have to where. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Haha...I mean seriously who would like to wear his underwear on the outside=p...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not only to wear it on the outside as you point out, but to make it like the most obvious color. Superman....... i am looking right at you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

hahaha...but wait...I liked SuperMan Returns...I dont know...but it was fun....I mean cmon Its SuperMan he CAN DO ANYTHing...BUT some kryptonite spellls his end....hehe....For a SuperMan Movie...Superman Returns was nice, and fun....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote  

Looks like Batman wasn't the ultimate pawnage that I had forseen...

Still, I believe Batman trumps Indy. Indy was good, but Batman was better. Of course Batman had a more serious theme running through it which allowed for deeper acting. Yet, I think it is that deeper level of drama that defeats the fun that Indy brought to the table. Now to pit Batman against Tropic Thunder, again I give the victory to Batman. Tropic Thunder was hilarious, but its comedy is no match for Batman's uberness. The Joker pwns again. So that leaves the only other contestant thus far...Jet Li's Forbidden Kingdom. Sadly, I have not seen this movie so I can't give specific, truthful reasons.

Regardless, Batman pwns Jet Li. Very Happy

Ha ha! Bring it on! I now nominate Iron Man the second best movie...of the YEAR! (Batman, of course, number 1)

Edit: I forgot, someone mentioned Prince Caspian. PWN PWN PWN. BOOM. BANG. Batman wins... Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hey wait just a sec...I watched Tropic Thunder when I was reaaaly down...and after watching that movie I came out sooo rejuvenated....that Movie helped me get my mood up...Batman just made me go...wow thats deep....
Tropic Thunder cmon)))))))))))DS ur just like the Oscars they never actually appreciate comedies!!!!!!!THey never APPrEciaTe COMEDIes....SERious films ALWAYS TAKE IT Home....and Ive never enjoyed that!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, my...the yellow, red, and blue costumes...*shudders*...hideous. Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote  

Well with superhero costumes do you really think anyone would go up to Superman and say "you look sooo stupid in that outfit. Why don't you wear your underwear like a normal person?!" I guess if you had a death wish...

What I want to know is where the devil do guys like Superman or Spiderman get their suits? Do they call up spandex or something "hello yes I'd like to place an order for a tight pair of spandex underwear with the following color arangment: red, blue and yellow. Oh and make sure there is a big red S inside a shield emblem on the body section of the suit. Please put this down as a rush delivery for Clarke Kent at..."

At least with the new Batman movies they at least tried to come up with a realistic way he could get all this stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 7