Isn't it really hard to be mad at Jacen?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isn't it really hard to be mad at Jacen?
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:30 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Its hard to be mad at him if u have read the Junior Jedi Knights before LOTF and all sorts of stuff when he was little....Yeah he sometimes burns u up frm the inside but still you want him to be forgiven...Jacen Solo was the most amazing character regardless of wat he does and wat happens as a result....
________________---

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm finishing up reading the YJK books right now (they're the last books I need to read before I'm totally caught up *cheers*), and I'm starting to feel very sad for Jacen. As much as I don't necessarily like the YJK series, I'm really liking his happy-go-lucky self! And like in Emperor's Plague, Tenel Ka (quite unexpectedly, I might add) just kissed him. And I almost wanted to cry! It was suddenly an emotional moment! Somehow. Those books never got me emotional before. *sniff* Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jacen is really awesome. I never felt a need to get mad at him except maybe when he killed Mara Crying or Very sad ).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote  

Well you probably know where I stand. I haven't read the Junior Jedi novels, but I did read the Young Jedi Knights series, and every other book afterwards with Jacen in it. He has never impressed me as a great upcoming Jedi. Especially with him in the Yuuzhan Vong war. I don't care which book or author he was portrayed in or as in that series, he was always someone I couldn't sympathize with, I could never make that connection between him and me. His train of thinking, his actions, it just never clicked. I look at him and see nothing of me or the values I hold dear. For me, Jacen was one of those annoying characters like Borsk Feyla or Sal Solo. I'm better off without him.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...well I never really liked him (Jaina and Anakin were my favorite kids). It's just that now that he's gone, it's kind of sad to read backwards.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think I blame the direction of the stories from what the authors put together in DN and LotF more than anything. I never saw his character taking this dark turn, especially after all the borderline dark things he did in Traitor. But the authors justified his fall by saying "we don't know what he did during his five years abroad." If they made the transition of those five years worthwhile, then I probably would put more blame in Jacen for falling but I don't know. The authors killed Anakin, but I don't hold much blame against them, but maybe it's because of how he went. At least I could believe Anakin died with the ideals I knew he would hold; Jacen was a complete, sad mystery to me at his death.

I agree with Darth Skuldren when he mentions not making the connections to Jacen. I think I like Traitor so much more for the philosophy and last stand of Ganner Rhysode than anything because those points struck me and made a connection. Nevertheless, I give any forgiveness Jacen asks for (assuming he is, but I don't think he is) Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I guess fr me Jacen became the most complex character ever....at one point hes all abt Justice and nt even excusing his family(his perspective of justice ofcourse)....on the otherhand he doesnt use any kind of dark power infront of Allana...and even though we all know he wudve killed Aurra fr trying to assassinate Allana....he dusnt simply because Allana says that Jedi dont hurt defenseless ppl....
_______-
Kudos to the writers I guess...they made him one hard character to read.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well you probably know where I stand. I haven't read the Junior Jedi novels, but I did read the Young Jedi Knights series, and every other book afterwards with Jacen in it. He has never impressed me as a great upcoming Jedi. Especially with him in the Yuuzhan Vong war. I don't care which book or author he was portrayed in or as in that series, he was always someone I couldn't sympathize with, I could never make that connection between him and me. His train of thinking, his actions, it just never clicked. I look at him and see nothing of me or the values I hold dear. For me, Jacen was one of those annoying characters like Borsk Feyla or Sal Solo. I'm better off without him.

You see, I'm the opposite (as you know Razz ). I can really connect with Jacen/Caedus, and I see why he does why he does. Miss him . . . Crying or Very sad

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, maybe they'll name a ship after him. That way his name can continue to be there and remind us that he died and that while there was a way to save him he died a death that didn't mean near as much as some try to defend. I'm not bashing Denning. In fact I love his writing, but I'm not overly fond of the kills he's credited. Maybe things will work out though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Caedus_16 wrote:
Ha, maybe they'll name a ship after him. That way his name can continue to be there and remind us that he died and that while there was a way to save him he died a death that didn't mean near as much as some try to defend. I'm not bashing Denning. In fact I love his writing, but I'm not overly fond of the kills he's credited. Maybe things will work out though.

I agree with you, because I did love reading Star by Star although my favorite character died there. Denning's first two LotF books were very well done, but something was just off with the last one...I hope he does return to us as he did in his earlier ones (he does write Leia and Han the best, IMO).

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well I know I've put this in some other threads, but I'm just adding it wherever seems appropriate:

My sister has just finished putting together the very first slideshow she ever started. For whatever reason, it got pushed to the back burner while the rest were drawn up and completed. But now here it is! And despite the fact that I never loved Jacen Solo, this show still gets to me. *sniff*

Jacen Solo: Shadows and Regrets

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aww... Crying or Very sad
As a Jacen lover, that is truly devastating. Great work, Checkers! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

yeah nice vid Mara....truly hits the spot.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, thanks you guys! And actually...Checkers didn't make this one. That would be my other sister. I have two. Smile

Speaking of Checkers, though, she said that she saw you on NarniaWeb.com. What an interesting little circle we've started. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

wow...must be lucky having 2 sisters who are both SW fans=p...'thats my StormTrooper go get urs=p'.....and ur like the oldest I guess....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 3