Jaina Solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

As long as we don't see another Anakin I'm okay. Hmm, I wonder if she had a girl if they'd name it Mara. Interesting thought.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I could see a daughter named Jade to remember Mara. If being named after someone directly can get you killed off, you want to prevent any more characters from being killed off that way. Ben is okay because that's still different from Obi-Wan Kenobi (which we all better call him since the prequels kept calling him that...plus, it's his real name.)

As for Boba, I think Jaina learned very little from him that she could have learned from anyone else (be unpredictable), but that's for another thread. (Gosh, a kid named Boba from Jaina *shivers uncontrollably*)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote  

Dissin' the Mando man as always I see...*cue tough voice* Fett taught her to fight, to not hold back, to press the assault with anything and everything you got, always keeping your foe of their toes. He taught her the Mando perspective on things, rather than the Jedi way.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:00 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jade...I like that! DelRey people, look this way! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

And look where the Mando way got us Confused
We are without a JAcen Solo now Crying or Very sad
And--Jaina feels guilty...Jacen was helpless--jail and trial anyone???I mean, he wasnt Palpatine(popular with the Senate) at that time.
_____--
I used to like the Mandos--but now their jsut too cocky Rolling Eyes

Last edited by FatalFist on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Dissin' the Mando man as always I see...*cue tough voice* Fett taught her to fight, to not hold back, to press the assault with anything and everything you got, always keeping your foe of their toes. He taught her the Mando perspective on things, rather than the Jedi way.

That may be true (and I know I'm always bashing the Mandos [hardly ever Boba specifically] and I don't mean to offend any Mando fans out there Smile), but there was a part in Revelation where Jaina comes to this realization and acts so shocked that she didn't see how predictable she was before...the rest followed. And even with that pushing forward, Luke has shown some pretty intense pushing forward attacks before so it isn't just a Mando thing.

I guess I'm more frustrated with Karen's portrayal of the Mandalorians being the most dangerous force in the galaxy (or even on par with the Jedi and Sith) when 19 books of an alien force destroying the galaxy say otherwise. I tried reading A Practical Man, but the very opening stanza (or what those paragraphs before a chapter Karen uses) I couldn't wrap my head around and didn't get any farther. Sorry Mando fans Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote  

No hard feelings Aush Very Happy You don't like Mandos, and I didn't like Jacen. Of course, looks like I'm getting the best of both worlds...

Regardless, the ball did get dropped a lot in LOTF, but now it's time to carry on and make the most of it.

And as far as Mandos, Sith, and Jedi, this deadly trio made itself known not by Traviss, but by Karpyshyn and KOTOR. They started it with Revan having to fight so hard to defeat the Mandalorians. The whole reputation of Mandos slaying Jedi in battle started there. Even back with Ulic-Qel Droma, the Sith had a respect for the Mandalorians and there combat prowess.

I'm not saying Fett could take Luke out now...but if all of Mandalore mobilized against the Jedi, and you took Luke out of the equation...I might lean toward a Mando victory. Not even Jacen-slayer Jaina could stop him.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But there's a significant difference between the KOTOR Mandalorians (who I still love!) and the Post-ROTJ ones. Again, in Open Seasons, we get the impression that Count Dooku led a Jedi team to take out the last of the Mandalorians because of their threat to a sector. However, Jango escaped and was eventually roped in by Dooku to be the "father" of the clones. The clones eventually aged and died, even with Palpatine cloning others (weren't their Fel clones in the Hand of Thrawn duology?). Then, in The Unifying Force, we see Boba Fett, rebuilding the Mandalorians and everyone excited to see them return to the galaxy......but that all changed with the Republic Commando books, A Practical Man, and then LotF. That isn't the way I would have expected them to bring the Mandalorians back to the galaxy, so that's what disappoints me the most...plus, I don't find the Mandalorians all that interesting when one author tells me how great of beings they are and several more tell me they're not. (Maybe we should just start a Mandalorian character thread to continue this Smile).

Back to Jaina? How long will it take her to finally quiet down with someone in FotJ? Will we have a wedding half way through? I hope to see her with someone (obviously it's Jag; there really shouldn't be any doubts there) before this series is over. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, the subject of Jaina's love-life is filled with needless drama. I would've liked to see her get with Jag at the end of Unifying Force, but they've now had this long drawn-out thing and its time it was over. I know some people like Zekk, but that's like her kid-crush that won't go away when the spark of angsty teenage puberty is gone. Hopefully she's married to Jag and this is over by the end of FotJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The Mandos in KOTOR were like=they took war as a sport, and had apparently started it to find a worthy foe.
Talk abt a lousy reason for a war=c

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quote  

Here's what I see for Jaina. In order to cope with killing her brother, she turns to Jag. Over the years they grow close. FOTJ opens up with their wedding and her rehabilitation and somewhere in the series she gets pregnant and has a kid, thus the Fel Dynasty begins. However, Jaina is a very stubborn, bull headed lady, so she's not going to just sit back while Jag tries to run the Empire. With Luke trying to find a place for the Jedi, she won't be able to turn there, so she's going to have to find her own place in life. A purpose. In fact, I think that's what this whole FOTJ series will be about. Everyone finding their purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, I like your idea on how Jaina and Jag get together. Beautiful, wonderful, now somebody write it down! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, my sister and I have been working on a video of Jaina and her three guys: Kyp Durron, Zekk, and Jagged Fel. And even though he's no longer in the picture, Kyp was at least mentioned, so he's included. Besides...we needed three to fit the song. Smile

I think the song's fairly perfect, but it was a very hard video to put together, seeing as we didn't have many pictures to work with. But I think it came out as good as we could hope. Enjoy!

Jaina Solo - That Don't Impress Me Much

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

LoL=Basically anyone with black hair and green eyes was on Jainas list. And yes most of them were the brooding/angry/disciplined type.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Jag would be a good chose so that they could help fill in the gab towards legacy comics...right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 4 of 23