Paintball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paintball
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So here we are. Who here loves paintballing? *raises hand* I do!

I've got a funnyish story about that:

My friends and I (and everybody else on the blue team) were pinned down at the bridge. We couldn't get across to attack the castle! We all sat huddled in the bushes, and anybody that attempted to cross the bridge or even the creek would get shot to death. So I finally decided this had to stop. I wasn't going to stay huddled in the bushes all day!

I crawled off away from the fighting and decided to see if I could find a way around this impasse. Doubling back, I came upon a barely noticable rabbit trail that I hoped would get me around to our enemies. I crawled along it until I came to a slight rise in the landscape, about a foot high hill...perfect! I could hide behind it while I surveyed my surroundings. So I looked up over the hill, and ha! I had somehow gotten around the creek and made it over to the red team's side. I was right in line with the group that had been pinning down the bridge and creek. And they were all looking the other way! So I raised up my gun and sighted up the closest person. They were all on the other side of a plywood partition thingy, and what I didn't know was there was a guy ducked down directly on the other side of the partition. As I was sighting up the closest guy I saw, this hidden dude popped up practically right in front of me. Without even taking time to aim, I triggered a shot, and got him right in the side of his helmet, right over the ear. Score! He yelled, "Hey!" and trudged off to the regen point. All his buddies on down the line started yelling, "There's somebody over there!" Fortunately, I was able to duck back behind my hill. They sent somebody over to investigate, but he never was able to see me, and just kept shooting the bushes. I knocked him off real fast. They never did find me, and I kept popping them off one at a time for the rest of the game. A team member of ours was eventually able to cross the bridge (thanks to my heroic efforts) and capture the castle.

When the game was over, I stood from my hiding spot. One of the opposing team members yelled, "Hey, there he is!" I smiled to myself and turned to return to my team. This same team member exclaimed, "It's a girl!", when he saw my ponytail, I guess. I suppose they were appalled at the thought of having been mowed down by a girl. Very Happy

My friends asked where I had been when I rejoined the group, and I was just like, "Saving your pinned down selves, thank you very much." Smile

Anyway, that was the best game I've played so far, and can't wait to go again. Anybody else have stories to tell, feel free to share! Oh, and has anybody else ever played speedball?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Me and my friends used to play Predator. It was the greatest paintball game ever!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ahaha, wow! great story!
nfortunately, no one trust me with any kind of weapon, best i've gotten to do was shoot holes in paper targets with an airsoft PP7 Sad

oh, and BF2, but, yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote  

I've never played at a paintball place yet, I always end up doing private matches with my friends. It still works out pretty good though, even with the small numbers and the massive battlefields.

Epic Match #1: One of my favorite matches was a night game. The moon was full and there were absolutely no clouds so you could see really far out in the open. We had two teams of three. One team went out first into the soy bean field, wooded edges all around. I was in that team. The soybeans were a good two feet high and provided a full carpet of cover that you could instantly drop down into, hiding instantly. My other team mates spread out, a hundred feet between each of us as we prepared to ambush the second team. We laid down in the soybeans completely hidden, popping our heads up just enough to see the other team come into the field. One of the guys on that team was completely new to paintballing and this was still his first day. He was taking the lead, each of them strung out in a line and sticking close to the tree line. We watched them edge closer to us. One of my team mates popped up and opened fire. Then my other team mate joined in. Both of them were fairly close to the other team. I on the other hand was a good distance away. No one was looking so I popped up and charged at them, hitting them from their flank while they weren't looking. I took out two of them and was the only one who came out of the match without being hit. It was a great match, short and sweet.

I've never played speed ball. Capture the flag is pretty fun, as well king of the hill, and death match. Personally my favorite is The President. One guy is deemed the president and two guys are picked out to be the opponents. Everyone else is bodyguards. Oh, and the president doesn't get a paintball gun. Either he gets taken out or he manages to safely get to his destination point. I actually find it fun being the president cause then you get direct your guards around.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Man that all sounds so fun. xD I've only been once with a friend and her family and family friends and it was amazing fun but also a disaster. We were all newbies, up against a team of pros who'd brought their own gear, guns and grenades. Suffice to say we got owned. To be honest it would've been fun if it was more free for all, but the place we'd gone had courses and specific games (which were basically just 'get to the other side and touch the fort') and such and my friend and I were just like 'What!? But I was hoping to just run around a forest shooting people. D:' I got headshot'd a couple times but never took a body hit, my friend got shot in the thigh and had a massive blue bruise covering most of it the next day. The best two parts were closer to the end, one where my friend and I were in a bunker and a paint grenade fell in through the window, we just looked at eachother, screamed and dove out just in the nick of time. And then right at the very end the staff guys said for anyone who still had ammo left to go back in for one last round, and the only person on our team was a 14 year old kid against like 15 of the pros on the other; our whole team just said: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BOY, RUN! He did. He got shot down. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, that sounds pretty cool. I've never gone up against a paint grenade. Not sure what I would do, exactly...probably run, yeah. Or toss it back if such a thing occurred to me, but I'm not sure that it would during the moment.

There was one time when a friend of mine and I were advancing on this building that we desparetely needed to capture. It was currently occupied by many members of the opposing team that kept shooting our guys trying to cross the 'ditch'. My friend and I decided to rush the building. Stupid idea, but we did it anyway. It was a two-story, as well, and they had the high ground. We rushed in, screamed 'Surrender!' and pointed our guns at them up above. Had they been thinking, they could have mowed us down like that. But they were a little bit younger than us, and I suppose that didn't occur to them, because they all surrendered! Craziest bit of luck we ever had. Very Happy

I love Death Match, myself. I generally sit behind a tree and watch everybody else die, but when I'm feeling adventurous...I dash around until I get shot. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quote  

ooooooooooooh,
The game always makes me crazy.....

EDIT: Links removed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha...I wud pwn everyone if there wasnt all that 'lag'...lol...nah...I usually get pwned when it comes to Paintball...."shruggs shoulder"....I think I'll stick to my pc=p...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

THey're back...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote  

It's far too cold to paintall now. I couldn't imagine going out in the snow and getting whopped by a speeding frozen projectile. Talk about pain. I've seen somebody open fire on a basketball backboard with frozen paintballs one time. Shattered the fiberglass. They're probably lethal.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

They're illegal, too. At least on real paintball arenas/fields. You're also not allowed to shoot somebody from pointblank range, because that can also be dangerous. Doesn't stop them from doing it, though. Had a friend that lost the skin off her cheek from an idiot who came around the corner and purposefully shot her from less than a foot away. Soooo...you do have to be careful about the people who don't play nice. It can get kind of messy when that happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If anybody's interested in a paintball gun plus accessories, check out my eBay auction:

Spyder Imagine Paintball Gun w/Helmet and Accessories

And everything works great! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okeydoke, gun sold. Sorry if anybody was interested. Let me know if you might still want one, though, and I could possibly find you a seller. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote  

You sold your gear Mara? Does this mean you're retiring from paintball, or just upgrading your gear?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That was quick Mara! I thought it was a good deal, lol

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2