Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 184, 185, 186  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's where Fassbender's reputation was built!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shame seems like a horrible movie and it doesn't help by the allegations of abuse against Fassbender.

I did like him as Magneto and in Prometheus.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's official. Finding Nemo will have a sequel, Finding Dory, released on November 15, 2015. After Cars 2 I'm very wary of this. Andrew Stanton is directing. The good news is that Stanton directed the first one and he's my personal favourite Pixar director. The bad news is that Stanton pretty much admitted that he made a deal with Disney, allowing him to do more live action films (after John Carter flopped) as long as he made a sequel to Finding Nemo. The composer Thomas Newman is also returning (Finding Nemo had one of my favourite movie scores... goosebumps).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

About to watch Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition. See you in 3 months! Wink

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
It's official. Finding Nemo will have a sequel, Finding Dory, released on November 15, 2015. After Cars 2 I'm very wary of this. Andrew Stanton is directing. The good news is that Stanton directed the first one and he's my personal favourite Pixar director. The bad news is that Stanton pretty much admitted that he made a deal with Disney, allowing him to do more live action films (after John Carter flopped) as long as he made a sequel to Finding Nemo. The composer Thomas Newman is also returning (Finding Nemo had one of my favourite movie scores... goosebumps).

I'm cautiously hopeful. The last time Pixar gave the sidekick the spotlight resulted in much pain, but since Dory is such a better character than Mater, I'm gonna give it a chance.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ugh, I can't stand Dory... I'm betting the sequel will suck because it's very forced.

If any Pixar movie warranted a sequel (besides Toy Story), it would be the Incredibles. We won't see Brad Bird return to animation for a while though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I heard about Finding Dory. Thing is, I never really give any movie sequel rumors credence until I see an official trailer. Call me strange, but it's just the way I am. *shrug*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Yeah, I heard about Finding Dory. Thing is, I never really give any movie sequel rumors credence until I see an official trailer. Call me strange, but it's just the way I am. *shrug*

Including Star Wars? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Watched Oblivion last night. Made it through 2 hours of Tom Cruise.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote  

Was it worth seeing?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Ugh, I can't stand Dory... I'm betting the sequel will suck because it's very forced.

I love Dory, but she isn't a protagonist. I'm hoping Pixar learned their lesson from Cars 2 and won't make her the protagonist. Trouble is, I don't know where else to take Marlin... unless they went with a completely new character.

I don't know if I'm cautiously optomistic or cautiously pessimnistic on this one (kind of like Episode VII Wink ). I am excited to see the Finding Nemo world again (especially knowing that Thomas Newman and Andrew Stanton are returning), because it is one of my favourite Pixar movies. However, I can no longer say "Hey, it's Pixar. What could happen?". Cars 2 was bad and although I liked Brave, it wasn't up to Pixar's usual standards. I don't what to think about Monsters University either.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Was it worth seeing?

It explored some interesting concepts and had a couple of decent twists. I enjoyed it but I noticed a few glaring inconsistencies which irritated me slightly and raised a few questions. I'd love to hear what anyone else thought of it.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Proudfoot wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
Was it worth seeing?

It explored some interesting concepts and had a couple of decent twists. I enjoyed it but I noticed a few glaring inconsistencies which irritated me slightly and raised a few questions. I'd love to hear what anyone else thought of it.

I'll be seeing it when it opens for the US on Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Watched Hunchback of Notre Dame and Atlantis: The Lost Empire last night.

Hunchback is one Disney animated classic that I've seen only two or three times since it came out in theaters in '96. I finally ordered the DVD; it arrived last Wednesday and I've already watched it twice.

It took guts for Disney to do Hunchback since it is a pretty dark film, though not as dark as Black Cauldron. On watching it this time around, I was able to pick up of some of the themes that I completely missed before like
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
The lighthearted moments throughout keep the film from becoming too dark. The songs are great, particularly "God Help the Outcasts" and the opening "The Bells of Notre Dame." And, of course, the afore mentioned
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Among the best lines of dialogue were Esmeralda's "Justice!" after cutting Quasimodo free and Phoebus' short speech after he frees himself from the cage - "He has declared war on Notre Dame herself!" sent chills down my spine, as did Quasimodo's "Sanctuary!" on the balcony after rescuing Esmeralda from the pyre. All in all, Hunchback is a brillant film and now one of my favorites.

Atlantis is another favorite. Yes, the concept may seem cheesy and the animation style a little clunky, but so what? I still think it's a good movie. My favorite scenes included the one in the crystal chamber were Kida is bonded to the Heart of Atlantis: the music there is quite intense. I absolutely love the converstaion between Milo and the King just before he dies; I didn't realize until I looked up the cast list that Leonard Nimoy voiced the King. He is quite simply one of the greatest actors ever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For those Hellboy fans, Mike Mignola worked on the art design for Disney's Atlantis.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 150 of 186