Alrighty, are y'all ready for the list? Here it is.
Winter Soldier Disappointments:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
1. Becky's appearance. Was it real, was it a dream, did they actually pay for that CGI job? The editing into and out of the scene was horrible, almost nonexistent. I was so confused by it's sudden appearance and disappearance that I wondered if it was supposed to be a dream. Also the CGI to make her look older was not good for a movie of that caliber. What happened to realistic makeup? It would have been more believable.
2. Constant action. The movie never stopped to let me think! It was constant explosions and chaos and mayhem from start to finish! You have to give your viewers time to breathe. And I didn't get that chance. Bang! Pow! Zap! If they were trying to capture that feel, maybe they were successful. But I felt like I never got a chance to rest and piece together what in the world was happening. It just wouldn't pause.
3. The story was very grandiose and scattered for Captain America. So Hydra has managed to infiltrate SHIELD over the past 70 years and is about to destroy millions of people on earth with three individual aircraft. Okay. I felt it suffered the curse of Thor 2 in that regard. Too big a plot with too little to back it up.
4. Too much bad@$$ Black Widow. I mean...she's cool and all. But she comes across as eye candy. Where is her story? If you're going to feature her almost more than the main character, at least give us some background, some empathy. I want to know about her life, not how well she fits in black Spandex.
5. Life already touched on this, but really...we can recalibrate the targets for the ships by inserting three little chips into exposed, unprotected ports on each? You're already pretty much in control of the carriers, just shut them off! Why in the world did you have to "recalibrate the target"? Felt like there should have been a simpler, more believable explanation.
6. Mentioned earlier, but the CGI on Bucky's younger face was also...CGI. It was obvious, and subpar for such a movie. Again, just use makeup! He's not that much older. You really didn't have to do much.
There's probably more, but it's been a few days since I watched it, and I'm forgetting. It was a very good movie, but it was not the best movie of all time, which many people are practically claiming. It was a good summer action movie, a decent addition to the Marvel line. But not nearly as good as Avengers, in my humble opinion.
Okay, I'm done whining. Enjoy.
"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker