Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:07 am Reply with quote  

Mara, I think you're the first person I've seen that hated that movie.

I recently watched Justice League and it was disappointing. The writing really hit me as bad. While watching the movie, I would get thrown out thinking about how bad the dialog was. The main villain was boring and forgetable, and the visual design of the movie felt forgetable as well (the design of the villain, the the special effects of the world changing at the end, etc). To an extent, I did find some enjoyment in the movie, but I have no interest in ever watching it again. It bothers me that the guy who wrote this is writing Star Wars Ep IX.

I also watched Murder on the Orient Express and that was enjoyable. I saw a version with Sean Connery years ago, but I've pretty much forgot everything about it by now, so this one felt fresh. Very nice cinematography with this ones with some beautiful environment shots. The acting was enjoyable, and the plot was enough to keep my interest throughout. It wasn't great, but it was good and if you're looking for a matinee show, it's a viable option. Daisy Ridley had a part in it, and she did well.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Mara, I think you're the first person I've seen that hated that movie.

I know, and it baffles me. I did find an underground Reddit that also hated the film. Mostly for the same reasons. But amazingly we are few.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote  

Well my typically Black Friday tradition is to go out and get some discount movies, so this weekend I was finally able to watch Ghost in the Shell. I've tried to watch the anime, but I typically don't like anime, so I never got into the show. But I was slightly familiar with it. Watching the movie, I enjoyed it. It was fun. Kinda weird, but I liked it and it was a good sci-fi fit. Probably won't ever get a sequel, but if they did, I'd go watch it. Worth checking out if you ever get the chance. It's not going to be the most original thing you've ever watched, but if you like a decent sci-fi action flick, it'll do the trick.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My husband and I finally saw Thor. We really enjoyed it! I think my only criticisms are that Thor was too funny, and Hela was too absent.

While I enjoyed Thor's humor, that's not Thor. And as I saw someone online point out, when everyone's funny, nobody is. In other words, Tony Stark used to be the go to guy for wit and humor, but these days every character save maybe Banner has their own flavor of the same. Hence it ceases to be special.

Hela was awesome! But I felt she was drastically underused, just like Malekith. They spent too much time on Sakaar.

The movie was still very enjoyable, but those are my observations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You guys...Coco is freakin' adorable.

Seriously, don't look up anything. Just go see it. Probably my favorite Pixar film in years and I have to warn you - you're likely to cry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Avengers: Infinity War trailer is out. We are coming up on 10 years of this collaboration. I honestly can't express how it makes me feel...it truly is something special! The fact that all these stories have been woven together through film after film for ten years. And we're finally coming to the conclusion/culmination of that effort! While I want to be cautious with my expectations, I'm pretty ecstatic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote  

Watched a bunch of movies this weekend.

The Dark Tower: me and my dad both read the books, so we really wanted to see this movie. We were both disappointed that it was SO different from the books. Seriously, there was hardly anything to tie this is with the books. I didn't even get that this was a sequel to the books until I read stuff online after watching the movie. They should have pushed that harder, put some kind of intro at the beginning to give the readers a nod what was going on. All that aside, I'm not even sure it matter, because I don't think the movie was even done that well. Heck, I kept getting distracted by how awful the wardrobe was. The movie felt way too normal. There wasn't enough fantasy to it. It didn't feel westerny either. With so much taking place in the real world, it was just boring.

Clown: this actually turned out really good. Nice classic horror movie with a clown story and there was actually a story. Creepy, good characters, nice horror elements, and overall pretty good movie. Worth checking out.

31: This is Rob Zombie's latest horror movie. Sadly, the dialog was mediocre, the characters were mostly forgettable, the action sequences were terrible with way too much shaky cam, and there wasn't much of a story. It had potential, and I liked the main bad guy, but this movie is not worth recommending to anyone.

Independence Day Insurgence: I remember seeing Independence Day in the theater when it came out and the theater was so packed, I had to sit separately from my family. The sequel was something I had to see eventually, and I'm glad I did. It's not great, there's flaws and missteps, but it's fun and enjoyable.

Arrival: I heard a lot of hype about this movie, so I finally got around seeing it. It was a good movie, but it was not up to the hype in my opinion. I wouldn't say it was best movie of the year or anything. It doesn't really have re-watchability either. But it's worth seeing once.[/i]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol @ DS. I'm sorry that you had to watch those movies.

I haven't been watching anything recently. I saw Gremlins in the theater, that was fun, it's always my go to Christmas movie.

Die Hard sucks Razz
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
You guys...Coco is freakin' adorable.

Seriously, don't look up anything. Just go see it. Probably my favorite Pixar film in years and I have to warn you - you're likely to cry.

I saw Coco last night and loved it. I might have liked Inside Out just a little better, but it's definitely one of their better ones in recent years. I really loved Hector.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote  

I was hoping to watch some other movies this weekend other than just The Last Jedi. It's fun to go watch a new Star Wars movie, see something else, then go and watch Star Wars again. I like doing a whole day at the theater, or at least a good chunk of a day. However, I looked at what else is playing this weekend and there's not much to choose from.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 229 of 229