Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 183, 184, 185  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When are they going to make the 100 million dollar Go Bots movie?
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Heh. I played with GoBots when I was a kid. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote  

I did a double feature yesterday. Went and saw Pacific Rim and The Lone Ranger. I liked them both. Pacific Rim was a lot of big action fun with giant robots fighting giant monsters and a fairly enjoyable cast of characters.

The Lone Ranger on the other hand was kind of like a Pirates of the Caribbean movie but set in the old west. I'm a fan of westerns, and I like what they did with the movie. It danced in between a movie that kids would enjoy but also a move directed toward adults. Toward the end, when the Lone Ranger music kicked in, it really felt like a Lone Ranger story. Everything clicked together and it was very nostalgic. Plus the casting was excellent for the movie. The villains did a superb job. I definitely recommend checking it out. Very fun movie.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought The Lone Ranger was messy. The tone was inconsistent/inappropriate. They put a slaughter scene next to humour scenes. The action was also way too over the top for my tastes. I'll agree that the casting was good though.

I saw Warm Bodies the other night and I was surprised at how much I liked it. It reminded me a lot of WALL-E and Edward Scissorhands, but I love both of those movies, so I didn't really mind. Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First post back!

WWZ didn't suck, though it had absolutely nothing to do with the novel and makes me question why they paid for the rights if they weren't going to use the story.

Pacific Rim was a loving tribute to kaiju films from Japan decades ago and I loved it, I'm buying it as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
I saw Warm Bodies the other night and I was surprised at how much I liked it. It reminded me a lot of WALL-E and Edward Scissorhands, but I love both of those movies, so I didn't really mind. Smile

Warm Bodies was a great movie. I especially enjoyed all the Romeo and Juliet parallels.

I saw The Cabin in the Woods recently, and I thought it was excellent.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

Warm Bodies was a great movie. I especially enjoyed all the Romeo and Juliet parallels.

I re-watched Warm Bodies yesterday and decided that I love it. I made a YouTube playlist of the songs from it. It had a great soundtrack! And, yeah, I noticed the Romeo and Juliet references. Cool

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
GrandMaster wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I re-watched Warm Bodies yesterday and decided that I love it. I made a YouTube playlist of the songs from it. It had a great soundtrack! And, yeah, I noticed the Romeo and Juliet references. Cool

I first saw it in the movie theater here on my college campus, and when they got to the balcony scene, the audience had a delightful mixed reaction of "OMG! It's Romeo and Juliet!" and "Ugh! It's Romeo and Juliet."

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I saw some movie recently, but I don't remember what it was. Oh yeah, it was Now You See Me.

Do Not See Movie.

I also saw After Earth a few weeks ago and really liked it. I don't know how people feel about it, but I bet it's underrated.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^^^^ Awwww awwww where was this post 2 days ago before I blew $6 watching that crapfest the other day! Now You See Me was the worst script of the year

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Could have told you Now You See Me would suck, I saw that coming when I saw the trailer and everyone I know who went anyway has confirmed that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Aw, I was looking forward to seeing Now You See Me.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=826802

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Alan: Oh thank god, that was a franchise that missed potential with its 3rd film and pumped out an awful 4th. It needs to go to the graveyard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Doubt they'll cancel it entirely, Caedus, though I wish they would. But I agree enough is enough. If they're so determined to do a 5th film, then it should be the last, period Would have been better if they ended it with AWE as originally intended instead of falling prey to monetary greed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 158 of 185