Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 184, 185, 186  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I picked up The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Owls of Ga'Hoole from the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Both are subpar adaptations from books I love, but hey five dollars...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I went with my wife and her sisters went to see Frozen last week, just before Christmas.

Such a good movie! Cute songs, great character design. Kristen Bell can sing pretty well (I had never heard her sing before).

I did not see the plot twists coming, and the ending was amazing, and spoiled below.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Also, the snowman Olaf was cute and funny. I thought he would be really annoying (from the trailers), but they used him just enough that he didn't get on your nerves. Also, he had a great song about wanting to do go to the beach and swim in the ocean and do "whatever it is that snow does in summer".
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We went to see "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" at 5:00 PM Friday evening. It was good, but not as good as AUJ. You can really tell it's a middle film.

Trailers for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", "The Amazing Spiderman 2", "Teen Wolf", "How to Train Your Dragon 2", "Instellar", "Jupiter Ascending", and probably one or two more that I've forgotten screened before DOS.

I'd love to see "Winter Soldier" and "Interstellar." "Jupiter Ascending" looks like it might be good too, though I have absolutely no clue what the plot is about. I'd have to see the original "Spiderman" and "Dragon" before I decide if I want to see the sequels.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 am Reply with quote  

I finally watched the Ewok movies. Ewoks: Caravan of Courage is kinda bad. The kid in it is less likable than Anakin Skywalker. Very kiddy movie.

However, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor is pretty good. The annoying kid dies right at the beginning of the film (huge payoff), there are big Ewok battles, good special effects, and Cyndal, the main character, is likable. I really enjoyed it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I also finally saw The Hobbit.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We have a theatre where they play the movies that are no longer in the cineplexes, but not yet on DVD/Blu-Ray. The screens are smaller and the rooms are smaller, and it's significantly cheaper (and they have a Toonie Tuesday deal, where a movie on Tuesdays costs only a toonie).

Anyways, I went there yesterday to see Thor: The Dark World again. I liked it better the second time, mostly because the things that were illusory, I knew to be that way going in, and I felt better about them. For example:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*whispers* What's a toonie?

I'm about to watch Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. It looks absolutely terrible.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^and it is Padame

It's so terrible that because you expect it to be terrible It's actually bareble. Nothing less. Nothing more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We have those cheapie theaters in the states too. They are usually called "second run" theaters. That's usually the only way I see movies, you can get two people, popcorn and a drink for about ten dollars, compared to about 30 dollars it would cost at a first run theater.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
*whispers* What's a toonie?

I believe a toonie is a Canadian 2 dollar coin.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Indeed it is:

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wouldn't be surprised if Lionsgate dedicates one or both Mockingjay films in Philip Seymour Hoffman's memory.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My mom texted me about his death moments before boarding a plane to Florida. I was unable to discuss or emote, but I was very saddened. He was a fantastic actor and it is a loss to film as well as his family.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sad not cool.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That surprised and saddened me when I heard. Sad

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 172 of 186