Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186, 187  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You people are killing me. I have not seen Guardians yet (everyone has gone to see it without me...), but here is my list to date:

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Winter Soldier
4. Iron Man 3
5. Captain America
6. Thor
7. Iron Man 2
8. The Dark World
9. The Incredible Hulk

I might like Iron Man a bit too much. But what can I say. He's Iron Man. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really didn't like the Mandarin "twist" in Iron Man 3 even though I enjoy the other parts of the film. I am the only person I know that likes IM2 over the other IM movies, but I cite Sam Rockwell. He's so awesome! I think Thor is my favorite standalone series though.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For me:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Avengers
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Iron Man
5. Iron Man 2
6. Captain America
7. Iron Man 3
8. Incredible Hulk
9. Thor

Haven't seen Thor 2 .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1. Avengers
2. Winter Soldier (combined with the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. story arc that resulted)
3. Guardians
4. Thor
5. Iron Man 3
6. Thor: The Dark World
7. Iron Man
8. Iron Man 2

I haven't seen The Incredible Hulk, and it's been a while since I watched the first two Iron Man movies. Really, my list should probably be this:

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yes, good, I knew I could mind control all of you to make lists.

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
How can you put The Dark World above Thor and Iron Man 3?! Shocked

Sorry, Mara, you know I sort of loathed IM3. And The Dark World was disjointed and full of plot holes but at least I was entertained. It had this kind of spastic energy.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Avengers is the most plot holy of them all and it will always be my favorite. :p Marvel movies are more about energy I think.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Still haven't seen Hulk, The Winter Solider and the Guardians.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote  

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. The Avengers
5. Thor
6. Iron Man 3
7. Iron Man 2
8. Captain America

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What?? Howard The Duck is in Guardians of the Galaxy?

That makes me not want to see it now. Howard's creator hates Marvel and Cracked recently wrote an article talking about how he put out a comic from another company called like Charlie The Duck or something, which was exactly the same, but had a different name because Marvel owns the rights to Howard.

He also wrote a comic where Howard the Duck was a mouse because Disney sued him and said that Howard was a rip off of Donald Duck, before they bought Marvel.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Howard the Duck is only in the end credit scene.

Not that spoiler tags are cool or anything.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
What?? Howard The Duck is in Guardians of the Galaxy?

That makes me not want to see it now.

It's really just a throwaway joke in the end credits scene - just leave a bit early and you'll be able to skip it.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He's voiced by Seth Green though, which is kind of fun Smile

My list:

1- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2- Avengers // Guardians of the Galaxy (tie)
4- Iron Man
5- Thor: The Dark World
6- Thor
7- Captain America: The First Avenger
8- Iron Man 2
9- Incredible Hulk
10- Iron Man 3 (I still liked it, but not as much as the rest)

If we're also looking at non-Marvel Studios properties, then X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: First Class, and X-Men: Days of Future Past all collectively sit near the top, while X-Men 3: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and The Wolverine sit lower, near #9. The Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider movies sit well at the bottom. Daredevil, Punisher, and the Blade movies near the middle (Blade 1 a bit higher though; that was fun). Spider-Man 1 and 2, and Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 around the #4ish position, and Spider-Man 3 at the very bottom. I haven't seen Elektra or Punisher: War Zone.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Don't forget the Punisher with Dolph Lundgren and Nick Fury with David Hassellehoff Laughing

They also made a Captain America movie in the nineties, and a craptastic Man Thing based horror movie in 2005.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Don't forget the Punisher with Dolph Lundgren and Nick Fury with David Hassellehoff Laughing

They also made a Captain America movie in the nineties, and a craptastic Man Thing based horror movie in 2005.

...Yea. I have to draw a line somewhere, so I'm choosing to ignore those. I never did see any of those anyways.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote  

I kind of like the Dolph Lundgren Punisher. Punisher Warzone was good, too. I didn't like the 2004 version.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 185 of 187