Anime and/or Manga

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime and/or Manga
 PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well, I hope I'm not the only one, but does anyone on here like Anime or Manga? Both?
I am a proud Aninerd. 8D

I'd have to say, for Anime I'm hooked on:
Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Lucky Star, XXXHOLiC, Trigun, and ugh, I can't remember anymore. I guess these would be it. I'll edit it later when I remember. xD

Now the Manga I"m hooked on would be basically similar to the Anime list, but a few changes.
Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Lucky Star, XXXHOLiC, Trigun, Beauty Pop, Lucky Star Pocket Travelers, 07 Ghost, Kingdom Hearts and that's about it.

Discuss:
- Your favorite Anime or Manga

>>>>>>>>>>>>"Oh man I shot Marvin in the face."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm afraid I've never really gotten into either one. I once tried my hand at drawing Manga, but as I have no hand for drawing period, it turned out looking like a goat. And I was attempting a ninja. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

LOL. I do that a lot too. I'll be drawing a person, and my family comes up to me and says "Aw, Becci that is such a cute salamander." and I'm like "...e.e It's a human...." and they turn to me and say "Oh, psh, you know I was messing with you. I knew it was a human"

e.e
Sure. Liars.
I cannot draw humans for the Hell of it. Just no, they are WAY to hard for me.
Plus goats are pretty G Status.

>>>>>>>>>>>>"Oh man I shot Marvin in the face."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote  

I haven't watched any anime in at least three years. I wasn't a huge fan even then but if there was a show on Cartoon Network during their anime hours I would watch that. Probably the most common one was Dragon Ball Z. I saw a few episodes of Naruto but never really got into watching it (partially because the hours they showed it on TV never worked with my schedule, this of course all before I discovered the magic of watching shows on the internet).

I had a friend who was big into Anime. He once lent me a DVD of an anime show that was about futuristic fighter planes in some alternate dimension thing. The "bad guys" were an enemy referred to as JAM and the main character had this super fighter with a droid brain that assisted in flying (and could take complete control if needed). Sorry I don't remember the name of the show.

All this being said I would say I remember the Anime shows as having some quality, whereas I find much of the American cartoons on Cartoon Network these days are either for middle school or earlier age groups or I find just watching the advertisements intolerable. It should be noted I was raised on Loony Tunes and other classic cartoons so I require the animation to at least be of equal quality before I even consider watching it. So yeah I guess if I had to choose I would go with Anime over most modern American cartoons.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I did read anime comics years ago, but my interest towards them just faded. I haven't read any anime for few years now. Don't feel like starting to read them again, either. Not that I dislike them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was never interested in either other than Watching DBZ (didn't most guys at that age back then?) and recently I went through DeathNote in japanese. Those were great but other than that I haven't ever been interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There's a few series I'm in. I'm a fan of both the Naruto anime and manga, and I've liked Bleach but just keep pushing off resuming it. I also like Gundam 00 that's airing right now, because it's sci-fi and such and almost anything like that has a strong pull for me. One of my favorite series is Outlaw Star. And you're not the only one Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not really into either. I kind of liked Teen Titans, I'm not sure if that counts.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol, I just read the manga "Empire Strikes Back." That was really weird, but just because I rarely see star wars portrayed like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote  

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm not really into either. I kind of liked Teen Titans, I'm not sure if that counts.

Hey Teen Titans fan! Its a shame its no longer on the air, it was one of the better shows on Cartoon Network.

That reminds me of one time when I was playing BFII. In the game my screen name is Revan (or Indiana Revan depending on the profile I use). Anyway this person asked if I was a Teen Titans fan and had accidentally misspelled "Raven" (Raven is one of the characters). I explained that no it was not misspelled and was the name of a character from KOTOR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's hilarious Salaris! (oo, that rhymed...) But yes, I loved Teen Titans. I really loved Batman Beyond to. That was my alltime favorite CN show.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1