Palpatine vs Windu (who won if either?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hogy wrote:
Well the bla bla bla Just didn' t have it.
He never had it.
He'd LOSTst before he was born.....

Well that kinda did it for me.

Also part of that cheesy book. As I said I'm not going to accept any of that book since it's very selective and not in line with all that happened in the movie.

Palpatine also clearly didn't want anything to do with fighting sword to sword with Yoda, he kept retreating, Even with all of his force hurling of pods, Yoda still reached him, and even stopped one and threw it back at him. Either way, the end of the fight clearly shows Yoda in control and pushing forward while Palp was clearly scared and was wide eyed in shock that Yoda pushed him back, this to me, leads me to believe that Yoda won the actual fight. But he did retreat, so I can see how it can be seen both ways. To each their own.

Also, as I said before, Yoda surely mustn't of been at his peak in that fight, like Palp was, or at least Palp was much closer to his than Yoda was. The guy was only alive because of the force, he died of old age 20 years later, no way he could've been at his best there. I assume he would've been much faster and been able to sustain his use of the force for a much longer time than what he could there (he was obviously drained after that fall, I think he would've been able to handle that fall at a younger age just by drawing on the force, though I don't think the fight would've lasted that long had he been younger).

I think Palpatine was laughing because he's a crazy sith, not an uncommon thing among them, as they're beyond arrogant. He surely knew what he was dealing with, he'd been around Yoda for far too long, he had a good idea for how strong he was in the force. The fact that he tried to flee at first suggests his nervousness.

In a way Palp won the day, but really he lost, because of his failure of killing Yoda the Jedi are reborn, which wouldn't have happened had he died, as Obi-Wan surely would've tried to stop him and got killed, leaving no one to train Luke at all. Which is all that really matters, as the fight has no decisive winner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lord Bane wrote:
Also part of that cheesy book. As I said I'm not going to accept any of that book since it's very selective and not in line with all that happened in the movie.

Look man,
When I first saw E.III this is what I've thought: Yoda was clearly victorious since Yoda had "time to kark you up" look on his face and Sid had "Oh Sith I'm screwd!" face. (the "clash of the titans" scene)
Clones kinda saved Palps.
But since then I've been on sites not to different than this and people have been saying things like "the novel states this" and "the commentary say that" and "canon levels go not ABC but GCS"
So I've done the deed and read the novel and watched the commentaries.
Nothing so far really discredited the Stover line I've posted, so for now I'll stick with it. I'm with Palps when it comes to things like this: "but if we work together...I know we can discover the secret."

I think i'm entitled. I want the Truth!
Jack Nicholson wrote:
You can't handle the truth!

(Sorry couldn't resist Razz)

Lord Bane wrote:
Palpatine also clearly didn't want anything to do with fighting sword to sword with Yoda, he kept retreating, Even with all of his force hurling of pods, Yoda still reached him, and even stopped one and threw it back at him. Either way, the end of the fight clearly shows Yoda in control and pushing forward while Palp was clearly scared and was wide eyed in shock that Yoda pushed him back, this to me, leads me to believe that Yoda won the actual fight. But he did retreat, so I can see how it can be seen both ways. To each their own.

^This are the kind of posts I try to avoid. I could counter it easily, but I just don't have the energy to do it. You'd counter my post and than I'd counter yours and ect...I don't want that. (proclaim yourself the Slayer of Hogy as you win by default, if that's your thing.)

Lord Bane wrote:
Also, as I said before, Yoda surely mustn't of been at his peak in that fight, like Palp was, or at least Palp was much closer to his than Yoda was. The guy was only alive because of the force, he died of old age 20 years later, no way he could've been at his best there. I assume he would've been much faster and been able to sustain his use of the force for a much longer time than what he could there (he was obviously drained after that fall, I think he would've been able to handle that fall at a younger age just by drawing on the force, though I don't think the fight would've lasted that long had he been younger).

Same as above.

Lord Bane wrote:
I think Palpatine was laughing because he's a crazy sith, not an uncommon thing among them
Laughing
I don't know why, but I love this line.

Lord Bane wrote:
In a way Palp won the day, but really he lost, because of his failure of killing Yoda the Jedi are reborn, which wouldn't have happened had he died, as Obi-Wan surely would've tried to stop him and got killed, leaving no one to train Luke at all. Which is all that really matters, as the fight has no decisive winner.
No decisive winner? Wink . Man why did I write things if you're not on the team Yoda.
Just kidding. Razz

But nevertheless Bane. Remember that you're a part of the EU Cantina now. This is not a place to fix the EU, its a place to enjoy it. We post in Happy places like the Gripe of the Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 5 of 5