Episodes 19, 20, 21: Ryloth Trilogy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Episodes 19, 20, 21: Ryloth Trilogy
 PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote  

Episode 19: Storm Over Ryloth
Airs: Friday 2/27 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 3/1 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: Ahsoka disobeys Anakin's orders and loses most of her squadron -- prompting Anakin to help give his Padawan a lesson in a respect for authority, and the opportunity for redemption.

Episode 20: Innocents of Ryloth
Airs: Friday 3/6 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 3/8 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: To sabotage a powerful Separatist weapon, Obi-Wan and a small clone force enter an occupied town, and discover that its residents are being used as a living shield.

Episode 21: Liberty On Ryloth
Airs: Friday 3/13 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 3/15 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: With his forces stretched thin, Mace Windu must convince Twi'lek freedom fighter Cham Syndulla to help him save the capital city from the droids' destruction.

Featured Characters: Mace Windu, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Wit Tambor, Admiral Yularen, etc.
Featured Locations: Ryloth

If you haven't seen the trailer for the Ryloth Trilogy yet, YOU MUST GO HERE NOW! Looks like they're going to end the season with a bang Very Happy

Here's what Wit Tambor is going to look like:

An, as of yet, unknown Neimedian commander (who sounds cool):

A glimpse of the space battle (the trailer is PACKED with war scenes):

And Twi'leks:

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:30 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It looks so awesome! The perfect way to end the season! It's nice that they got so many characters in there. Finally Mace in action (was that shatterpoint he was using there or just a Force push?)! And Mace agrees with Anakin? Never saw that coming! Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote  

He so shatterpointed that window Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow...this makes me wish I hadn't quit watching them! I don't suppose there's anywhere online that's playing the whole set?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Wow...this makes me wish I hadn't quit watching them! I don't suppose there's anywhere online that's playing the whole set?

When did you stop watching? SW.com usually has the last three or so episodes available for viewing. Better yet, they are re-airing the whole shebang on TNT. You should definitely start watching it again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well I don't have anything but broadcast, so it was getting hard to watch it, as a friend of mine was bringing me copies every week. And I know they were on the internet afterwards, but for whatever reason I never sat down to catch them there. I wasn't enjoying them a terrible lot, so I just kind of gave up on them. Now I wish I hadn't, but I should be able to get caught up fast enough if I can just my hands on the whole set. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote  

Watched the first episode of the Ryloth trilogy with mixed feelings. On the one hand I wanted to like it. It did have a big space battle after all, and I actually like the Neimedian commander. However, I couldn't get past the glaring strategy flaws of the battle.

1. Anakin has three Venators and yet it would seem he has only ONE fighter squadron. During the battle he seems to somehow think that Ahsoka'a one little old squadron can come and rescue him. It's silly. Now he was ordering her back on the premises that they were pulling out, that would've made sense, but he only ordered that after his previous comments of them needing help.

Plus the lack of Republic fighters in this battle. They have three Vanators and each is suppose to carry around 420 fighters. There should have been a 1,000 ships in the air. The Venators were known for being carriers, that's their strength. Yet we only see one squadron of Y-wings in battle, and 1 squadron of V-19's.

2. Anakin not having any plans. This is ridiculous. I understand him tending to be rash and rushing into things as part of his character, but this is pushing. Only an idiot goes into battle without a plan. Of course he did eventually come up with a plan, but I still don't like the fact he proposes attacks to his subordinates and blatantly informs them he doesn't have a plan and that they'll simply come up with one on the way.

3. Since when is a squadron of Y-wings capable of killing frigates with one pass of strafing fire? They're bombers, they should be bombing, yet I did not see any bombs, only laser fire. They made it look far too easy to vape the frigates with the big Venators are pouring in fire and yet doing nothing.

I don't know, there was just too many things in this episode that didn't sit right with me. Maybe they're playing this down as a kiddie show too much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Innocents of Ryloth is now a tie for my favorite episode of the season. I can't think of one thing I disliked in this episode. Nearly cried along with Numa when she got the doll. Wink Great facial animations again, especially on the clones when Numa hugged them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote  

Innocents of Ryloth was pretty good. Liberty On Ryloth was pretty good too. I don't have too many complaints other than not getting Samuel L. Jackson's voice for Mace. Seeing the walkers move really fast was cool. They looked really good in action.

Now the previews for the season finale, with Cad Bane...sweetness. A Duro gunslinger. Oh, it just looks awesome. And the voicing sounded really good for him too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sad Wow. Huge let down. I admit, Mace might have been awesome if I hadn't seen everything he did in the trailer already, but still, just not a great episode, I feel. They could have built on the character of the rebel general (I forget his name) in the second episode, because he popped out of nowhere. And I liked the command droid last week, but found him annoying this time around. I'd say it's the lesser of the three.

Can't wait for next week though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree with OMB, if most of the action in an episode is shown in a preview, then, the rest is just..so-so, I would say. I hope that the final episode isn't the same.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think the last one will be okay. The trailer for this one seems to do a good job at just showing flashes of stuff, and not the whole scenes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:27 am Reply with quote  

With the episodes themselves being so short, any long preview is bound to ruin them because it will reveal too much. Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote  

Ok, I completely missed this until I read about it elsewhere, but did anyone else catch that Ryloth's tidal heat storms and desert was completely thrown away? Notice they have cities on the surface instead of cave warrens. I'm surprised it didn't hit me sooner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't watched those episodes yet, but am I surprised? No, I am not surprised. Prepare yourself, people, cause next comes Cube City.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2