Fate of the Jedi 2: Omen by Christie Golden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
That's what it is! He looks like an older Mark Hamill. Something had been nagging me about the picture, and that would be it. Now...the longer hair could be because Luke and Ben are in exile? I suppose a haircut wouldn't be top priority. Sooo...I'll allow for that possibility. Smile

That could be it; it seems to me that they are planet-hopping, so that would be one reason. If that's the case, I applaud their attention to detail. Seeing Luke as a Jedi Master is great, though. I now have a sense of him in the New Republic (wearing his black robes), the NJO( wearing Jedi robes), LOTF (wearing brown/tan robes), and here still wearing those as well as using more traditional Jedi equipment.

I know people may not do this, but I really like to visualize the clothes of the character-- are they wearing a robe or a jumsuit? Usually covers explain it, but a lot of covers are not truly representations of events in the novel itself, but images of characters.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I visualize characters by what they are wearing as well. That said, I prefer Luke as he appears in ROTJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Too much of that stew, eh? Yup, that must be it. Wink

I visualize their clothes, as well. And it always gets me that the girls are constantly in jumpsuits. For some reason that throws a bug into my mental image. I figure they're girls...they must wear something different at least once in awhile. Smile

Among some of my friends, we somehow ended up giving each other Star Wars names a few years ago. I'm Mara Jade Skywalker (no, duh). And every once in awhile we lapse back into calling each other these names. Now you must understand that these aren't even Star Wars fans I'm talking about. They've seen the movies and know enough about it to play along. And come to think of it...they started it! *ponders* Anyway, we were talking one day about having a Star Wars party where we all get together and dress up as our characters. It became a common joke that I would have to acquire a skin tight jumpsuit. Rolling Eyes

So anyway, I just thought that was funny, and ya'll made me think of it talking about clothes and everything. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Jumpsuits?
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Come to think of it.....the girls ARE always in jumpsuits. Now I'm laughing at how tough a visit to the refresher must be. Guys having to pull and hold back robes and girls fighting jumpsuits.

Yeah, the hair on the Sith girl does have to go. No doubt.

Jumpsuits and seventies hair. Wow.. Maybe they have Dura-spray for hair in a galaxy far, far away.

Do they have a face tattoo removal program for reformed Sith?

Odd how the book covers, pictures, and clothes and such do have an influence on how we interpret these characters. Odd... but at least for me very true.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I am such a fan of these FOTJ covers. I think they are fresh looking and eye catching. We really need a change from the dark, dismal covers of the NJO, DN, and LOTF stuff. Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote  

Jedi robes have to go out of style at some point. I vote for brown colored fatigues with hoods Very Happy

I like the look of the Sith girl, though I'm disappointed to see that she's a typical Sith and not one of the red skinned Sith. I'm also glad to see she's not wearing a Sith Robe or hood. Plus the knife is a nice touch. I like it better than the Outcast cover.

As for Luke, he can of reminds me of Zekk on the Bloodlines cover. They both have that same kind of posture. Must be a Jedi pose. Overall though, I kind of like this look for Luke. After Mara's death, and now his adventure across the galaxy looking for clues, I could see him adapting that kind of care free, letting it down a little, look. I'll laugh if Ben mentions Luke putting on a little weight. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Neat cover. Even though I'm still not ecstatic about Sith being in the series, this Sith looks cool. But what's withLuke on the cover, we already know what Luke looks like. Let's see some more characters.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Re: Jumpsuits?
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Whill Bendu wrote:
Come to think of it.....the girls ARE always in jumpsuits. Now I'm laughing at how tough a visit to the refresher must be. Guys having to pull and hold back robes and girls fighting jumpsuits.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Whill Bendu wrote:
Do they have a face tattoo removal program for reformed Sith?

Ha, ha. Gotta love that. I've never thought of it before, actually. You've got a point! *ponders*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just a random thought about the borked lightsaber: if the Sith crashed a millenia ago, maybe they're still using old technology.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote  

A lightsaber with a cord would be cool. They could whip around like a deadly tentacle.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm rather expecting that these Sith are somehow tied to the TOR Sith. For marketing purposes and because that group needs to get referenced in other EU as they had too big an influence in-universe not to be known widely.

In that case, they would either be survivors from that group, or another group that also survived the Great Hyperspace War. Perhaps the latter, because the Jaden Korr novel does somehow involve that war.

But the implication would then be that Korr finds these Sith, they learn about Luke Skywalker through him, and then Korr needs at the minimum to be imprisoned and probably be killed so that they remain secret. But the publication date for that novel probably makes this scenario very unplausible.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ooh, I never thought about that. Good point, Rouge.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If anybody's interested, I found what seems to me to be a great deal on Omen on eBay! Now...I know some of you guys might be wary of eBay, but I've worked on/with it for years, and I don't have a problem there. Sooo...here it is. But don't buy them all! I still need one for myself. Wink

Fate of the Jedi: Omen

BTW, I bought The Force Unleashed this way back when, and it came extremely fast. Sooo...there's not too much waiting involved.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice! It's so tempting, but it's not me who's weary of e-bay. *cough*parents*cough*

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ahhh...I see. I have some friends like that. They always ask me to buy/sell things for them. I don't mind, though. It's simple enough. And besides, they usually give me commission. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 8