Gripe of the Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gripe of the Day
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Here you may post some gripe you have about your day, as I know that for myself at least, venting makes me feel better. Please keep your gripes civil, and let's attempt to also keep them at least mildly entertaining. Genuine woes that honestly have you hopelessly depressed probably shouldn't be shared in this particular thread. So...to start!

I actually managed to get to bed at a more decent time last night: 11:00. I've had so much homework lately that I haven't been getting much sleep. Another good thing was that I didn't have to be to school til 11:00, and with an hour drive, that meant I didn't have to wake up til 9:00. Now, having a naughty subconcious, I knew I wouldn't sleep very well because I would be afraid that I would oversleep, tired as I've been. To solve this, I set my alarm for 9:00. That way I knew I couldn't oversleep. And somehow this does solve the subconcious problem (I suppose because I reassured myself), because I slept deeper than I have in a long time. However...my phone rang at 8:30! I was jolted out of a most wonderful sleep by some inconsiderate person calling my cell phone at such an unearthly hour. I was prepared to play the aggravated mood, until I realized it was the school police department. Then I sobered up real quick. A textbook of mine had been stolen a couple of weeks ago and they were checking up on it. So...I am rather happy to have the police department actually care enough to check up on it, but I do mourn the loss of that most precious half hour. Not to mention being rudely awakened.

But anyway.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, that stinks about the sleep. But I know textbooks are extremely expensive, so if they can recover it for you that would be awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, indeed they have! My math teacher emailed me to let me know that somebody had just turned it in. Took them about a week (suppose they acquired a guilty conscience), but it has been returned. Thank the Lord for that, because it was going to be a nasty heap of money to replace. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

@MJS I'm glad your book was returned.!

Here's my rant o' the day:

I HATE people who do not leash their dogs. If you are at a an off-leash dog park, fine. If you are in your own yard, fine. I swear though, if your dog is aimlessly wondering around in the street or the side walk or in my yard, I will take a disposable leash and walk your dog back to your house and ring your door bell until the cows come home. I have two miniature schnauzers one of which is an ex-show dog and the other is my competition obedience dog. Would my comp-o dog follow me into hell and back sans lead if I ordered him to? Yes, but I'm not about to risk it.
1. I don't trust other dog owners, so when a dog picks a fight I can easily snatch up my snarling ball of fur.
2. I don't trust any dog's instinct. You may have the most well-trained and heeled dog ever, but if they see something small that provokes their prey drive it may overcome all training. No thank you, I'll just have a leash.

*Steps down from the soapbox.*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote  

It's true, dogs should not be allowed to wonder off. When I was a kid I got attacked by a dog on my way to school. I have no idea who the dog belonged to but it did have a collar. Perfectly good reason why dogs should not be allowed to wander off their yards.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ok, here is my gripe of the day.

I hate when I am just hanging out at college in some student lounge or whatever, and a group of students come in and start talking loud and laughing and everything. They are insanely loud and obnoxious. I cant stand people that act like they are the only ones in the world.

This goes for most public locations really.

This is happening as a type this Sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
Ok, here is my gripe of the day.

I hate when I am just hanging out at college in some student lounge or whatever, and a group of students come in and start talking loud and laughing and everything. They are insanely loud and obnoxious. I cant stand people that act like they are the only ones in the world.

This goes for most public locations really.

This is happening as a type this Sad

Dude, I had a group do that to me while me and some friends were studying and as if it wasn't bad enough they started trying to compare Darth Vader to Battlestar Gallactica stuff. My friends looked at me and were like "they're star wars nerds, do you know them?" Hulimiating...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I feel your pain, Autobon. I hate that! When it happens at my college (normally in the library), I'm ready to go strangle somebody. Evil or Very Mad

One of our coffee shops is actually in the library, and it's adjacent to the library's lobby. So when some of us are studying in the lobby, and this group comes into the coffee shop laughing and making as much noise as possible, I get really aggravated. So yes...definitely know what you mean.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Alright, I have a gripe. It's called Abuse of Power.

Today I was stuck in rather dense traffic, when I suddenly heard sirens and saw lights coming up fast. It appeared to be many vehicles, and I was afraid there'd been a terrible wreck or some such something. But as the whole packed-tight-as-sardines three lane traffic attempted to shift around for these emergency vehicles, I began to notice what kind of vehicles they were. There were three squad cars, a truck pulling a police department camper trailer, a truck pulling a trailer with 4 four-wheelers and a couple golf carts, and a truck pulling a trailer full of crowd barricades. That's when it hit me: Mardi Gras parades in Mandeville. And then I got mad. These government vehicles were using their sirens and lights to push aside traffic either because they didn't feel like sitting in traffic, or because they were late. Either way, it was wrong. The parades weren't going to start for another hour or so, so it's not like there was a life or death crisis going on concerning them. Grrr...Evil or Very Mad

I don't know, but I think things like that should be illegal. Just because they work for the law doesn't mean they're above it. Hmph.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha Mara, that happens a lot around here too. Guess its a nice perk to an otherwise not so fun job.

Caedus thats pretty funny, I take it your friends are not star wars fans?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
Caedus thats pretty funny, I take it your friends are not star wars fans?

They like it alright. Don't really have the love for it I do, but they think its interesting. These other guys were like those uber 'take everything too far' nerds that I'm a little put off by. One of the guys is in a class with me and we just can't stand him. He's loud, obnoxious, and tries to comment on every sentence my CJ prof makes to the point that the prof threatened to kick him out of the class. His commentary wouldn't be so bad except he has no clue what he's talking about and uses metaphors in class like 'when a cop pulls you over for going 5 over its like darth vader cutting luke's hand off' and the rest of us just sit there wondering where he got that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote  

Hate those types of people. In one class there was a guy who was obsessed about Japanese culture and loved waving his "knowledge" in front of everyone's faces. One time he bragged during a class presentation that when he visited Japan his sensei had entrusted him with special scrolls containing sacred knowledge (he then produced them to show us he wasn't lying) but then said that we were not worthy of being allowed to actually see what the scrolls contained. He irritated me so much I had the evil thought at that moment of "so if I stole those would you have to commit ritual suicide for failing in your duty?" I didn't act on it but boy was he irritating me that day.

I think my favorite thing he said was for an archaeology project he proposed to use aerial photography on an archaeology site in a heavily forested area Shocked (it was one of those types of places that has minimal to no surface ruins)

My Gripe....
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Why when you put your kids to bed at a decent hour - - - - - they don't really fall asleep until an hour later??? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, have a little sympathy. You were a kid once, too. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, here's mine:
I had to read a 130 page book for homework, but I got the flu after I finished my other homework (but only the first quarter of the book). If I held my head up I would barf, so I pretty much layed in bed. When I got to school, my teacher didn't cut me any slack. Blast and botheration! Mad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 197