Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 197, 198, 199  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sporting a four inch long scratch on my right calf, courtesy of our rooster. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Sporting a four inch long scratch on my right calf, courtesy of our rooster. Evil or Very Mad

You CANNOT just leave me hanging on that, I need the rest of the story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not much to tell, really. I'd gone out to the chicken house to check for eggs and started to lean down to pick one up off the floor. He ran towards me and I dodged aside, but not quickly enough to keep him from scratching me with his beak. I got out of there pronto and stormed into the house. He'll be lucky if he doesn't wind up dead by nightfall. Evil or Very Mad Dad doesn't take too kindly to a rooster trying to come after me or Mom. I consider myself lucky that he didn't get me any harder than he did, and I'm very lucky he was on the floor and not on the roost.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, said rooster met his end this morning at the age of 5 1/2 months. Dad is currently scalding and plucking so we can store the meat in our freezer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I think my boss is high or something. He called out my name today while I was doing a task and asked me if I was working. I gave him a "what the heck" look and said, "Uh, yes?". He then proceeded to say my name in a slurred way several more times before walking away.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think you should get a new job. Seriously.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've thought the same as Reep for awhile Padme, you need a new place of employment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Easier said than done, fellas. My school schedule isn't consistent and my work has flexible hours.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So my buddy dated this girl back in 2008. Gorgeous, funny, big nerd, cool, one of the most amazing people I know. They didn't last long but it was exciting to have a friend get that lucky, even for awhile.

Today they are still friends. The relationship remains, right under the surface. He has had every chance in the world to make a move and still doesn't. He has watched her date other men unsuccessfully, all the while trying to make improvements to his life and work up the ladder. He is now an adult and still one of my best friends, as is she. She's dating a guy who isn't really right for her. Nothing wrong with him, but they just don't fit well and she knows it. Her friendship with my buddy is still barely masking what sits there dormant and waiting underneath. I grow sad watching them dance this dance, each waiting for the other to make the first move and knowing that each is worried about it going wrong again and ruining their friendship (despite the fact that after knowing him for eight years and her for six years they are very obviously quite perfect for each other) and nothing is happening. I hear from both of them and they've both felt the need to confide in me due to how close I am to them. This is...awkward for me. At one time or another I've told them both to grow a pair and go for it, and my buddy claims he's being patient while she claims she's still unsure so won't do anything until he does.

Good lord, I don't understand how people do things like this. I've never really hidden anything that I think so this is naturally different for me in terms of comprehension, but it would seem to me that if you care that deeply about a person and cannot imagine life without them that the problem would eventually solve itself but apparently it doesn't work that way. Oh well, my patience will continue because they are both very dear to me. I sigh in exasperation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Caedus: Dude. That story honestly has the makings of a great rom-com. You should get on this.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Taral: I wish, but sadly I need an ending to the story before I rip it off and make millions from it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I feel for you Caedus. They'll come to their senses sooner or later, then you'll wish they hadn't when they can't keep their hands off eachother!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Proudfoot wrote:
I feel for you Caedus. They'll come to their senses sooner or later, then you'll wish they hadn't when they can't keep their hands off eachother!

Haha honestly it won't bother me, I'll just be glad they got through that final barrier. Plus I know them both, neither of them are super into public display, so I'm not too worried.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Self-appointed leaders of groups makes me want to barf. Especially if they can't lead whatsoever. That is pretty much the outline of my gripe of the day. Mad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My grandpa passed away last night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 166 of 199