Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214, 215  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JediJoe: Not unless you post on another message board...
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My husband Heath has been severely ill the last few days. I finally was able to take him to the doctor yesterday morning, and we were able to find out he has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. His glucose levels were in the 400s, and the doctor warned that if we could not get them down he would need to go into the hospital.

This is in the gripe thread only because I was extremely worried about him and this has been massively stressful. But I am happy to report that after taking some prescribed medication and retesting his levels after 24 hours, he has improved dramatically. He feels better, and his blood sugar has dropped 42 points.

I know there are many people who live with diabetes every day, but it can be so dangerous for someone who doesn't even know they have it! Thankfully the doctor was on the ball with getting his blood tested and medication prescribed, otherwise we would have been in the emergency room.

Our lifestyle will have to change quite a lot, and there is a lot to learn, but I'm so glad he's going to be okay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Mara: My mother is diabetic and definitely does not stick to the prescribed diet regularly. That's one of the most key aspects and I'm so happy to hear you guys are already making plans for changes. Diabetes isn't the worst thing in the world, but you have to be careful with it. I'm glad nothing worse is wrong and I'm glad you guys caught it Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I am a very private person. I waited quite awhile to tell the people at work that I was expecting, and one of the only reasons I eventually mentioned it was because they were going to start wondering/asking anyway. So I was hoping to jump ahead of the questions.

Fast forward to today, someone I only know moderately well approached me during a meeting. They asked me to stand up, then wanted to see my elbows and then my hands. I only went along out of embarrassment. She then proudly announced the baby was a girl! Because I was already feeling very awkward and a bit embarrassed at being approached and "inspected" publicly, I replied very strongly, which is out of character for me. I quickly stated, "No, it's a boy." She became very defensive and basically said, "Well...they're not always right. I've never been wrong." I'm sorry, but I think the ultrasound technician has a lot better chances than your palm/elbow reading technique!

I was and still am very flustered by the whole experience. People need to mind their own business.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol when you work with people for some reason they think pregnancy is a work-wide thing. The poor girl in my department just went on maternity leave but until then she had several people in her business about it, I felt bad for her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Broke a tooth and discovered that my account and posts had been deleted from a msg board I've been a member of since 2010. I had considered the site owner to be a friend, so that is just confusing.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Broke a tooth

That happened to me a while ago. Luckily, it was one of my molars so it isn't visible, but I got strangely depressed after it happened. It sounds silly and over-dramatic, but losing an adult tooth is a reminder of your own frailty and mortality.

My gripe: I lost my keycard for the building I work in... right after our supervisor gave us a speech on the importance of not losing our keycards.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Broke a tooth

That happened to me a while ago. Luckily, it was one of my molars so it isn't visible, but I got strangely depressed after it happened. It sounds silly and over-dramatic, but losing an adult tooth is a reminder of your own frailty and mortality.

I think that I'm older than you, so I definitely feel like this ship has sprung a leak. When your back hurts just from doing normal stuff is that, "yup, I'm old now" moment for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Heath and I went bike riding and geocaching on Sunday, because we thought surely it must be nicer weather for such a thing. It was October 30th, after all. But alas, we toiled through 85+ degree temperatures, and the onslaught of the Mosquito Horde. I suppose that's what you get for living in a swamp. Neutral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After avoiding Facebook for a long time, went on there and immediately got in a flame war. I know that I'm a jerk, but I think the format is designed to enrage everyone.

I think that everyone should just only share their own ideas instead of posting other people's. People would still fight, but it would make it easier to know why and who should be avoided.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Carrie Fisher has passed away. I simply cannot comprehend this at all. She was only 60 years old! I am so sad. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is honestly pretty devastating. For tons of reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And now Debbie Reynolds gone, as well. So sad, you guys. I'm crying. You know it's because she lost Carrie. How incredibly sad. I have no words.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Man... Crying or Very sad

I feel so bad for their family...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know that Youtube is pretty crappy when it comes to recommendations, but I'm really mad that they put hunting videos on my feed, which is nothing I ever watched or searched for. WTF? Seriously they think it's Ok to show unsolicited videos of live animals being graphically killed? Why are those videos even allowed on youtube since violence and animal abuse are both against their rules? It's not just a video that slipped past the censors, that's entire category of videos that they compiled.

And it's actually impossible without a third party service to block content, other than put it in kid's mode which blocks all of my videos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 213 of 215